kitnip's Halo 4 Master Chief foam build with custom paint scheme and undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your armor is an inspiration to me and probably anyone using foam. Beautiful is a word that comes to mind.

Looks fantastic Kitty! Really impressed with how well this ended up. I must admit I was worried about it looking a bit monotone with all the grays but you pulled it off :)

tumblr_lrkq7rmnJv1r2g7mto1_500.jpg

Holy mother of all things great! That suit looks fan-freaking-tastic. This is really pushing me to finish mine and get to painting. Your work is seriously amazing.

I'm not a huge fan of the Halo 4 armor (though I like Master Chief's armor better than any of the other Halo 4 armors), but this is very exceptional work. The only thing that would make this even better is a more detailed undersuit. I see that you have a few elements found on the undersuit, which look pretty good. The problem with the Halo 4 undersuit is that it's overly-complicated with not only the sewing pattern, but also the material choice. I've spent literally months trying to find the right material to create an undersuit. Until I find that material, I, personally, won't be building one.

I really like the paint job you applied to the armor. It's got the right amount of wear without being over-distressed. Great job!

I really like the paint job you applied to the armor. It's got the right amount of wear without being over-distressed. Great job!

I highly agree with this, I think people getting carried away with distressing more often then not ruins the paint job - and yours looks great :).

This turned out incredible! I can't wait to see more pics of this armor on you, and especially once you get it to where you consider it finished. I can only imagine. *_* Fantastic job!

That is AMAZING! With exceptional foam work, a awesome paint job, and a detailed under suit, you are the coolest looking spartan ever. I hope I can look half that intimidating in mine. Well done!

This is so inspiring, you know. Your suit is top notch...It really does look like metal! That custom secondary paint idea is so perfect; I need to try and come up with a secondary paint design all my own, too. You have shown how great it can turn out.

...And is that Roxy's tea-bagging sticker I see? lol I love it! ^____^ <3

Thanks!! Yes, that is RoxyRoo's sticker, I absolutely loved her build, she gave me a lot of inspiration.

What's wrong with see-through pants? :D

LOL, true DAT

Really impressive, hopefully I could make something so detailed one of these days.

This is an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS build!

That's Epic! Awesome job.

Thanks guys!! You all make me feel soooooo awesooome!

If you're looking for lighting that isn't overwhelming i saw that someone was using electroluminescent tape on his build for some areas maybe you should look into it. I love your armor :) I'm still prepping my helmet >_>

Thanks, I'm definitely going to look into that!!

AWESOME...nuff said.

Your armor is an inspiration to me and probably anyone using foam. Beautiful is a word that comes to mind.

Looks fantastic Kitty! Really impressed with how well this ended up. I must admit I was worried about it looking a bit monotone with all the grays but you pulled it off :)

tumblr_lrkq7rmnJv1r2g7mto1_500.jpg

Holy mother of all things great! That suit looks fan-freaking-tastic. This is really pushing me to finish mine and get to painting. Your work is seriously amazing.

Thanks guys!!

I'm not a huge fan of the Halo 4 armor (though I like Master Chief's armor better than any of the other Halo 4 armors), but this is very exceptional work. The only thing that would make this even better is a more detailed undersuit. I see that you have a few elements found on the undersuit, which look pretty good. The problem with the Halo 4 undersuit is that it's overly-complicated with not only the sewing pattern, but also the material choice. I've spent literally months trying to find the right material to create an undersuit. Until I find that material, I, personally, won't be building one.

Thank you so much! The undersuit was for sure a challenge and I kind of wish I realized that before I took on this project but I'm not gonna worry about it - I like how it turned out.

I highly agree with this, I think people getting carried away with distressing more often then not ruins the paint job - and yours looks great :).

Kitnip! It came out so awesome! the color scheme kills it and the paint job is so pro. good looks!

This turned out incredible! I can't wait to see more pics of this armor on you, and especially once you get it to where you consider it finished. I can only imagine. *_* Fantastic job!

This is unbelievably good, the pics look superb

That is AMAZING! With exceptional foam work, a awesome paint job, and a detailed under suit, you are the coolest looking spartan ever. I hope I can look half that intimidating in mine. Well done!

Thanks all!!

I have some more pic for you guys. I wanted to take some from inside since the sunlight really changes the look of everything. I also got a hold of a nice camera to take them for some high quality pics :)

Z7ttVPc.jpg

8NIeFbx.jpg

IXvsrsj.jpg

eLqLEc8.jpg
(whoops, this one is a little blurry)
a7gJXj3.jpg

XMkLUil.jpg

mIce9Vc.jpg

unbTS16.jpg
(My method of sticking my gun on my back with the magnets lol)

At this point I'm pretty much done the suit. I added my bits to the sides which I think helped spruce things up. I'll be adding things as time goes on but for now I'm ready for the con which is next weekend! And I'll be adding more pics for you guys! Thanks for all the love and happy building!

Suit looks amazing! Love all the pics. I feel wrong for saying this but this one is quite hot :p

mIce9Vc.jpg

Wow, so the top part where the 3 triangle details are is glued??? and the bottom part where the piece of armor goes on top of your foot is glued too?? Am having trouble with those parts since they have too look like there floating but i glued them with the boot and it caused some preasure and its all bent really bad lol .
Haha, thanks! But hopefully less man-like ;)

Thank you, I can't wait to see it done either, lol!

Yayyy, thanks!

Lol, I suppose it does look pretty cool! But honestly, I'm so excited to paint it and get it all weathered and metal looking. Right now it seems a little too.... Stormtrooperish lol

I saw yours and it's looking fantastic!! I actually kept staring at your boots trying to figure out how you made the front shape of them lol. Took me forever to figure out mine.

UPDATE!
Soooo I finished my biceps! AAAND I finished my boots!! BAM

JOwAVral.jpg

niOo8ubl.jpg

8eRauiyl.jpg

rrOxdNvl.jpg

With the shoe out:
mVjUYRFl.jpg

Niiice and flexible!
GguE7Nal.jpg

Next up, shins!

Last edited by a moderator: