Laptop Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
p0rtalman said:
The human eye cannot see past 25 FPS, so 30fps would be fine :D
a friend of mine has a 7400 in his desktop, it plays COD4 ok, so the 8400 should play it on decent settings.
Basically i think you would get a very decent frame rate if you set COD4 to medium settings.

I agree, for a laptop, and if your on a budget, a Nvidia 8400m isnt all that bad. If your wanting mobile gaming to play games at low but dece settings you should be fine. Plus the 3gb of ddr2 ram will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
bom trady said:
I agree, for a laptop, and if your on a budget, a Nvidia 8400m isnt all that bad. If your wanting mobile gaming to play games at low but dece settings you should be fine. Plus the 3gb of ddr2 ram will help.

Well, to clear something up, for video games at least, the human eye perceives somewhere around 60. Movies are different because of the blurring...and if you want fluidity, 5 fps can be fluid if its horribly horribly slow.

Now a quick look around notebookreview or overclock.net (or any laptop forum) will tell you that the 8400 is not cut out for gaming. Crappy gaming yes, but not very satisfying gaming. But to make that argument moot, let's do pricing. After a quick look at the site, it seems that 8600m gt is only 50 bucks more than the 8400m. The 512mb version is 100 bucks more if you're willing.

But then I got bored... so after some quick messing around, I came up with this configuration.
https://ecomm2.dell.com/dellstore/basket.as...bc-057f80fb8837

True, it'll be heavier, but I put in all the features that you did, and an 8600 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back