The last post (for a while)
I was able to do an (almost) full suit up before I headed off to college. A bit disapointed I wasn't able to complete the full suit but that's what I get for taking a bit of time off to focus on other stuff. The goal is to finish it whenever I'm home from college! The only thing left to build is the boots!
I guess this is technically an update on my Reach stuff. I printed a big ol chonkin splazer for the armor.
250 hours on the printer
3kg of filament
Total weight is 7.3lbs
Also happy (belated) 10th birthday Reach!
Next up, painting! In the span of 3 day weekend I painted and weathered my entire suit (would not recommend).
I used Rust-Oleum Rustic Orange for the orange color and Rus-Oleum winter gray for the grey/off white bits. Plastidip for the base coat.
Went back afterwards and used Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics for the detail parts with my airbrush.
Weathering was done with watered down black acrylic paint and an old t shirt then went back with a small brush and mixed brown, black, and silver together to create a shiny brownish part for the chipping. (seen off ingame screenshots on MCC)
2nd to last, strapping! The lovely Ashuraa gave me a hand with making this awesome harness to hold everything together. The build log for this bit can be found here. Is a much better alternative to my hot glue sandwich strapping that I did on my ODST.
Alas, here we are! My custom Reach Spartan Lobbster-098 is complete (for the most part). Last thing to do is to go back to Ashuraa's and get the keyholes put into the undersuit. I also have some small improvements like some more LEDs and a few different helmets and shoulderpads.