Mark VI round 1: Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MjolnirSoldier

So, here's what I got so far. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it.

IMG_20120707_194105.jpg

IMG_20120707_194056.jpg

Peps looking good so far. One thing I will say as I see something on yours that I had on my helmet even though mine's foam. The back central ridges to the rear are slightly wonky. Not sure why it happens as I had the same twist as it were. I would recommend trying to glue some kind of support inside like a popsicle stick to keep it straight before you do your resin coat on the out side. This will mean less correction needed when bondoing.

Keep up the good work,
Tom.

This file also comes with a series of supports that I would not leave out. I pepped this file three times before I got it right. The first was too small, the second I left out the supports and it warped severly during resining, the third I did with all supports. The third one is the one found in my Mk VI build, so obviously it turned out ok. With any helmet or any pep, if there is a support, use it. Supports help the pep retain its shape and prevent warping when resining.

Your pepping skill is pretty solid (a bit brave for taking this helmet on without tab numbers). Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I plan to use the supports. It just seemed like a fun idea to put it together first, then put em in after. Call me crazy. I've been using my Halo 3 legendary helmet as a reference and my moto-x helmet for sizing. It's pretty close, but I won't know until the whole thing is together. All in all it's been super fun. I can't wait to do more!

Not bad especially when you build the pep with no numbers on it, props on building it that way

Everything looks, just make sure you clean up the glue so they dont make bumps when you resin. Less bondo work you have to do.

I guess with all those supports in you can't try it on anymore XD But did you try it on? If so, how did it fit? Cuz I tried to use my motocross helmet for size reference but with such a ridiculous amount of padding in them (cuz they're for protection of course) I scaled it way down from that and it still seems to fit fine. Was yours huge on you?

Great pep work, can't wait to see more. And like Frozensnot said try to clean up that glue before you glass and bondo. But other than that great job and keep it up.

Everything looks, just make sure you clean up the glue so they dont make bumps when you resin. Less bondo work you have to do.
Yeah I need to clean up my helmet a bit too, just wanted to post something sense it's been so long. And I've been advised to use smooth cast sense I have the money for it.

I guess with all those supports in you can't try it on anymore XD But did you try it on? If so, how did it fit? Cuz I tried to use my motocross helmet for size reference but with such a ridiculous amount of padding in them (cuz they're for protection of course) I scaled it way down from that and it still seems to fit fine. Was yours huge on you?
Actually I didn't size it to my motox helmet, I was just showing it as a reference, I actually had my friend measure my head for me. And yes, I did try it on, and it was fine, but my padding for my motox helmet snaps out, I plan to use at least part of that for my MKVI helmet, which I also made sure fit.

Great pep work, can't wait to see more. And like Frozensnot said try to clean up that glue before you glass and bondo. But other than that great job and keep it up.
Thanks for the support! You guys are the best.

hey . as far i see its good pepped the helmet eventwithout numbers ( loosing accu without for my opinion)
I can recommand to print also the pep visor to be sure it wont warp evena milimetre . Trust me i did this helmet 3 times and better using everything than something less!

But keep up the good work mate!

Ive only left the numbers on recently cause I cant remember how I got them off tbh. I like the lack of them, it feels more clean to me without them. And the visor, well I may commission that.

Ive only left the numbers on recently cause I cant remember how I got them off tbh. I like the lack of them, it feels more clean to me without them. And the visor, well I may commission that.

Its a thing of taste. as i said i prefer the numbers since i can work more efficient and cleaner than without them.....

I cant force you but i really wouldnt risk anything since the helmet isnt that easy to build ;)

Good luck ! u will do it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back