Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx trebek and monk, I'm hoping to have it done this weekend. Actually my daughter and her friend were sanding the helmets in that pic. They seem to be enjoying it so I let them go for it, I was a nice break to give my arm a rest.

Okay update time.....the Spartan Laser DONE DONE DONE. I've also almost got all the details carved into my MC Mark VI helmet so I'll be posting a few of those tomorrow. And I've started the high def shin made by Crackhead09 and unfolded by Ral Partha great work guys a very nice build. Now on to the pics....but I have a question first. The hook on the front of the laser what is it's purpose? It's the only thing I have left to put on but I kind of like it with out. What do you guys think? I'll be throwing some resin on it this weekend so I need to decide before then.
dscf3386l.jpg
dscf3387v.jpg
dscf3388.jpg

By misfitjh
dscf3389q.jpg

By misfitjh
By misfitjh
By misfitjh

Like the Spartan Laser. Good pepping skills!

Keep working and keep posting!

Cheers!

Thanx longshot I'm just trying to figure out the best way to harden it. It's to big to slush rondo the inside so I was thinking of rondo on the out side. I'm planning to put a small light in the front maybe a laser from an old dvd player or some thing and a couple of magnets so it will attach to the back of my armor which will have a couple of small metal peaces on the back. But it's mostly for show.

Thanx longshot I'm just trying to figure out the best way to harden it. It's to big to slush rondo the inside so I was thinking of rondo on the out side. I'm planning to put a small light in the front maybe a laser from an old dvd player or some thing and a couple of magnets so it will attach to the back of my armor which will have a couple of small metal peaces on the back. But it's mostly for show.

Rondo on the outside? Hmmm.. My only concern is that the piece will loose some of the smaller details. Unless your planing on going through the sanding and detailing. Otherwise it will work.

Cant wait to see it finished! :)

Yep going to sand and detail it, it's more for show than a prop Just some thing to carry around when I'm all dressed. I'm thinking of doing an AR to actually carry and maybe a couple of grenades and a pistol like the M6X.I have an airsoft dessert eagle I was thinking of converting to the M6X. Everything will have magnets in it to stick to the armor.

Thanx Master chief, ok it's update time again. I've got all the major details carved into my MC helm now,I think there is one left on the back that is a minor detail to do and then it's primer time wooo hooo. So here is what I've got so far.
Under the brim
dscf3392.jpg

By misfitjh
The back.
dscf3391t.jpg

By misfitjh
The side.
dscf3390.jpg

By misfitjh
And a shot from the front
dscf3393ze.jpg

By misfitjh
This weekend I'm going to fit the visor.

Looks great!
I'm new here and I've a question.
I'm also making a Master Chief helmet, but what did you use on your helmet?
I mean the white stuff on it.

Srry for my bad English, because I'm Dutch:p

That helmet is looking NICE. I was planing on doing the same thing with my brim, glad it works out so well. I'll dremel it out today!

The Helm is looking very nice! Good job!
I still have to bondo mine.

Cheers!

are armor looks awesome. I was wondering how you make the gun. was it hard to glue all the tabs, how do you glue the tabes with out being able to have your arm in the modle

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement.
jordy 1995 the white stuff if bondo automotive body filler

momoss: cool just keep a light touch my brim is hollow and I popped trough with the dremel in 2 places had to do a little bondo fix from the inside

Longshot: cool can't wait to see it

AceNat: thanx again for the encouragement, I'm going to resin it this weekend. I just have to figure out how to harden it.

Pipinacan and Jico: thanx and stay tuned more to come.

android272: The gun was not to hard to make I started at the back and worked forward basically just added a peace at a time, there were a few parts that had to be done before they were put on the gun but the only real problem I had was under the barrel. They were the last two peaces I had to put on and were a tight squeeze.

John. I understand where you're going with that. It seems to me, with my bright ideas, that you should do it the other way around. The armour should have the magnets, and the gun should have the metal. That way, when you make new guns, you can just glue on any old piece of Iron, Nickel, or Cobalt. That means less time buying or finding big enough magnets to fit on your guns. And who doesn't have a pile of metal lying around? Ok... well... A neighbor who does?... No? Uhmm... A junkyard close by? Nuh uh? Alright, well, how about just finding a piece of metal anywhere on planet Earth? Yeah, got ya there! Alright well, it would be easier to do it that way. In my head at least.

I thought about Pepping my own Sp'laser for my first try. Then I saw the pieces. Make of that what you will. (Suffice it to say that I don't want to build a Sp'laser anymore.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back