Mb's Odst Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything looks great!

What did you decide to use to cast the backplate? Do you have pictures of it?

And where do the sideplates go? I'm assuming the sides of the body? (I guess i don't recognize them)

The gauntlets look amazing, I'm literally going to use only your work as reference for mine :p

What tools did you use to clean them up? Dremel? Any tips on what tools work good?

Altair651 said:
HOLY CRAP! No offense MB, but your work is sick up the shiznet (lol)! Great job on the suit so far, and this may be a bit bold of me to say, but since RUBE, a new master of the ODST has tookin over! I cannot wait to see this thing done, great job, and keep up the fracken amazingly insane, edge of my seat, intense, OMG WAS THAT JUST SUPERMAN work!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

rube is a good guy. his helmet got recasted without permission by a few folks. that really pissed him off and he basicly keeps to himself. i have started to trade armor parts with him. i am not taking his place , he is more like a teammate on this. rube's stuff inspired me to give it a try.

ender9492 said:
Everything looks great!

What did you decide to use to cast the backplate? Do you have pictures of it?

And where do the sideplates go? I'm assuming the sides of the body? (I guess i don't recognize them)

i am molding up the backplate now along with the other parts. i should have the mold done by the end of the week. i am going to cast the backplates out of foamflexit 25. if it works out, if not, fiberglass. the side plates go on the side and over lap the backplate at the bottom sides and come around to the front to meet the stomach parts. i plan to use foamfelx it for thses as well, so they will have some give to them.

Kodorei said:
The gauntlets look amazing, I'm literally going to use only your work as reference for mine :p

What tools did you use to clean them up? Dremel? Any tips on what tools work good?

it is nice to look at someone eles work to get an idea of how they did it. but i would try to use the odst art and game foootage for reference as much as possible. my stuff is not totally accurate, it is close, but not perfect. i used a dremal with the cut wheel alot to cut grooves and stuff. then i come back with a little diamond shaped tip to claen up corners and stuff. alot of the detail is plastic parts i cut out and glued to the gaunlets. hope this helps.

thanks for the kind words ,gents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, everything looks so amazing. Like it would have been taken right out of the game! Will you build the back armor too?

mrbungle said:
rube is a good guy. his helmet got recasted without permission by a few folks. that really pissed him off and he basicly keeps to himself. i have started to trade armor parts with him. i am not taking his place , he is more like a teammate on this. rube's stuff inspired me to give it a try.

Your right, Rube is a good guy, and I can agree with you on the fact of the matter that, it is a shame that people recasted his things without permission. His fenominal work on the 405th with his odst project will be missed. =( And like I said, it was probably to bold of me to say that you were the new "ODST King", but your ability to sculpt is amazing, and you do great at what you do! :)

The detail on this armor is reDONculious. I thought your helmet couldn't be topped, but I stand corrected. Kudos Mr. Bungle.

thanks guys,

here is the test pull for the back plate out of foamflexit-25, it is alittl more flexble thatn i wanted but this was the first pull. i have to get use to the product. the good thing is i can play with it to make it fit good.

sorry about the crappy pics but i just threw this to show how it looks.

005-64.jpg

007-46.jpg

006-51.jpg

It looks great. I think it`s a great idea to come up with a flex-fit torso. Solves quite a lot of mobility problems without giving up on the look.

thanks for the comments, guys.

ender9492 said:
Looking good!

Out of curiousity: why is it you didn't go with this style for the back?

the only reason i did not use that, is at the time , i did not know that pep file exsisted. LOL but once you put your shoulder straps on, they will cover the sides of the backplate and the shoulder straps will have some support from the armor underneath. and as we know support is a good thing.

I applaud your neck/back armor thats pretty slick. Lookin good and I hope everything turns out well for you. If you don't mind could you share where you got those Molle shoulder plate carriers? I've been hunting google looking for something similar and can't find them =(

Looks very good, perfect sizing. I like the idea of using flex-foam for the cast. Like Meleck said, it solves a lot of mobility issues.

Nice Fett bucket by the way, ESB?

very cool, the helmet was sculpted by a guy on there named terminalfettler. it came ready to paint out of the box. very nice helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back