Model portfolio (Satchmo III)

Discussion in 'Halo 3D Modeling' started by Satchmo III, May 27, 2011.

1. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117 Well-Known Member

Ok just checked out your Facebook and wow! You do some amazing work! And unbelievably fast! Look forward to seeing what else you come up with. Just drop a line or two in here for the few of us Neanderthals that don’t have Facebook next time. If it’s not too much of a hassle especially if it’s halo related!! No more the causal oh FYI I just made this epic suit or this epic suit!!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Sean Anwalt likes this.
  2. Satchmo III

Satchmo III Well-Known Member

Chances are favorable. Below is a link to an OBJ file containing all parts (including a simple body mesh). Your ODST looks good...I look forward to seeing what you're able to accomplish with an SPI build. Good luck and take care.

Onyx SPI-TC 01-01.obj

suit-wip-03-03.01.png

3. mkshane81

mkshane81 Well-Known Member

Holy cow Andy! That looks so awesome. I definitely need to add an SPI build to my list. Thanks for sharing buddy!

-Matt

4. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke RXO 405th Regiment Officer

I'm really liking this armor set. I'm currently doing a foam unfold of your SPI pep files. Would it be alright to upload everything to the 405th library once I finish?

Dirtdives and Lieutenant Jaku like this.
  5. Satchmo III

Thanks Matt. Hope your current builds are progressing well.

Absolutely it would be alright. I think there are more than a couple people who would appreciate foam templates.

6. Sean Anwalt

Sean Anwalt RCO 405th Regiment Officer

7. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke RXO 405th Regiment Officer

Here are the foam unfolds I did from Satchmo's work. Along with Satchmo's PDOs and OBJ file

They should be up in the armory soon.

Attached Files:

8. Satchmo III

ADD UPDATE AND UNFOLD REQUEST...

Halo 2 Anniversary's hoplite helmet has been added below and at the beginning of the thread. If you'd like to provide an unfold for this model, please download the PDO to work on and share back to me via PM or post within this thread. The model is developed from reference imagery captured from the Master Chief Collection. Below is a photo capture of the PDO file and turn table GIF of the model made in Blender.

Halo 2A helmet hoplite (Satchmo III, XXX) 2018-12-08.pdo

Hoplite helmet pep window.png

Hoplite-turn-00-0.07.gif

9. Satchmo III

I'm growing concerned about the well being of everyone's meat-hooks. Halo 2 Anniversary's hoplite hand-plate has been added below and at the beginning of the thread. If you'd like to provide an unfold for this model, please download the PDO to work on and share back to me via PM or post within this thread.

Halo 2A hand-plate hoplite (Satchmo III, XXX) 2018-12-09.pdo

Hoplite hand-plate pep window.png

mkshane81 likes this.
  10. Satchmo III

The H2A hoplite forearm has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread and below. If you would like to provide an unfold for this model please download the PDO to work on and share back your work in a PM to me or in a post in this thread. The model is chiral and is intended for the left forearm, so the mirror point function in Pepakura Design will not work when doing an unfold...there is however a mirror inversion function so once the lefthand unfold is done this function will carry over the work onto a righthand unfold.

I've modeled the metal banding with the depth of a single plane. I think it's too thin in the game model to easily make it out of paper but the single plane can be printed out and used as a template to cut it out of some material thicker than paper.

Halo 2A forearm hoplite (Satchmo III, XXX) 2018-12-09.pdo

Hoplite forearm pep window.png

Hoplite-forearm-turn-00-0.0.gif

mkshane81, MoeSizzlac and Sean Anwalt like this.
  11. Satchmo III

To knee or not to knee, the hoplite knee guard has been uploaded at the beginning of the thread and below. An unfold is needed for this model...is no one interested in unfolding? Oh won't someone think of the children.

The model is in two separate parts. The guard itself and a standoff piece that sits between it and the actual knee. Take care four oh five!

Halo 2A knee hoplite (Satchmo III, XXX) 2018-12-10.pdo

Hoplite knee pep window.png

Hoplite-knee-turn-00-0.0.gif