Mortal Kombat 9 Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the posts broke? Did it overheat?

Nope, never overheated. Just bad luck I'm guessing. It's worked wonders for years until now. It still works..kinda..just has a loud clicking noise to it since it only has the two posts. I'm going to end up tossing it out when I get a replacement and keep some of the parts for whatever, I'm just going to use it as is I guess.

Seems the past week or so has been bad luck on my project so that's what I'm accounting it to...

Epoxy the post back in? :)

I thought about it but wasn't sure it would be strong enough. Since normally mold small parts that break around the house I may cast my own mold of the piece and make another one. Just have to find time to do that..lol.

I thought about it but wasn't sure it would be strong enough.
Well, what's the worst that could happen? It's already rapidly approaching paperweight status, this will either save it, speed it along, or do nothing :) Epoxy is pretty strong, and that little area looks like a pretty ideal candidate.

Hand painted as in brushes? Could you take some closeups of the paint showing texture?

Yes but not with traditional brushes. I used foam brushes because they give a nice even coat. In the case with these though, the paint I used is about 4 years old so it doesn't settle like it should. I'll get some pics up soon of each mask. Some are nice and smooth with newer paints, others aren't REALLY smooth but not bad enough for me to really care to redo them..lol.

EDIT:

Here's the pics. Hope they turned out ok, I couldn't really get too close to them without going out of focus..lol. I also have to note that the flash brings it out worse that it is. If I were to show you in person you would only notice because I already told you about it.
th_random363.jpg
th_random354.jpg
th_random353.jpg
th_random352.jpg
th_random351.jpg

Started work on making another pep file while I've got some down time...Now I just need to unfold it :)

Shao Kahn
th_shaokahnhelmet.jpg
th_shaokahnhelmetattachments.jpg

Nice work on the masks, the paint job, and starting the Shao Kahrnage. We're you planning on building the Shao Kahn Helm and if so, putting it in this thread?

The paint looks really good! I like how you did the gold lines on the black mask.

Nice work on the masks, the paint job, and starting the Shao Kahrnage. We're you planning on building the Shao Kahn Helm and if so, putting it in this thread?

I'm planning on building the helm but not sure how soon I'll get to it right now. When I do get it built it will be going in this thread though.

Can't wait to see it man, and didn't you say you were gonna make a costume for each of the masks?

Sure did! I've got until march to finish the in time for a con near me but I want to get all the resin/filler work done while there's warm weather..lol.

Hey could you send me the files? I'm not gonna pep it I just want it for a reference, I might scrap build one in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back