Odst Tux Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it will be a little while before I can get a Version 2 screen made up for myself, can't seem to find a place that will print an 11x17 inch transparency, and I'm not too interested in spending 70 bucks on a pack of 20 transparencies when I only need 1.

I called 2 local screenprinting shops today, and they both require minimum orders of 35 shirts. I was hoping for fewer than that to get started...

And I'm a little wary of using an online shop such as zazzle or the other one. I'm just not too comfortable having the design posted out in the open online. I'm still thinking about it though.

I've got the pattern finished up, I'll be getting a screen made as soon as I can.

have you checked with a kinkos? if not, i have one a block away that ill check with, we might be able to work something out to get you what you need from here.

Goosebot 5000 said:
have you checked with a kinkos? if not, i have one a block away that ill check with, we might be able to work something out to get you what you need from here.

I checked with my 2 local Kinkos, neither of them did 11x17, only 8.5x11. I also called 3 reprographics shops that we use for printing blueprints, none of them did transparencies at all.

If you could put a call in your local one that would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gawd!!!

I can't believe my eyes!! It's so epic that I just can't get my of eyes off of it!

Great job Ruze. Deffinately going to be watching out for this.

-Pony

Really, I'll bet you could sell 35 of these pretty easily around here, but it's your choice on what you want to do. Heck, I'll buy 2. And I'll make my friends buy some.

Ruze, forgive my ignorance of the details of screen printing, but couldn't the design be printed on two 8.5x11 transparencies, and the two taped together while exposing the mask, or is that going to mess up the process.

*goes off to research screen printing*

Loess said:
Ruze, forgive my ignorance of the details of screen printing, but couldn't the design be printed on two 8.5x11 transparencies, and the two taped together while exposing the mask, or is that going to mess up the process.

*goes off to research screen printing*

That could mess it up, it's basically going to work like a photo booth.

I will coat the screen with a photo emulsion, which effectively makes it like photo paper - light sensitive.

The transparency will lay on the screen, and a studio light placed directly over it. The light will then 'bake' the emulsion in all the blank areas through the transparent parts, leaving the lines that I want printed unbaked, since the black lines will block the light.

Then I'll rinse the screen, and the areas that weren't baked (the lines) will rinse right out, leaving the rest in place. Those large areas are what blocks the ink from passing through the screen, so the ink only flows into the empty lines.

Any shadows or lines could potentially block some light, and make some unwanted marks on the screen.

Anyway, I shouldn't have any problems now... I found a Kinko's not too terribly far away from me that can print me up some 11x17 transparencies. I will be getting it printed this weekend, I've already got my new V2 artwork done up.

Ruze789 said:
That could mess it up, it's basically going to work like a photo booth.

I will coat the screen with a photo emulsion, which effectively makes it like photo paper - light sensitive.

The transparency will lay on the screen, and a studio light placed directly over it. The light will then 'bake' the emulsion in all the blank areas through the transparent parts, leaving the lines that I want printed unbaked, since the black lines will block the light.

Then I'll rinse the screen, and the areas that weren't baked (the lines) will rinse right out, leaving the rest in place. Those large areas are what blocks the ink from passing through the screen, so the ink only flows into the empty lines.

Any shadows or lines could potentially block some light, and make some unwanted marks on the screen.

Anyway, I shouldn't have any problems now... I found a Kinko's not too terribly far away from me that can print me up some 11x17 transparencies. I will be getting it printed this weekend, I've already got my new V2 artwork done up.

Sweet! can't wait to see the new version.

I suspected that having the edge might mess up the exposure, but I've never done any work with this, so I figured "ask the foolish question, not knowing it can't (or shouldn't) be done pays off occasionally."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back