Official Odst Launch Photos Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
Only launch photos please, and yeah... I don't expect to see anything until 20 hours from now or so.

Hey, guys, I just got ODST at my local Gamestop! Here's a quick picture of it:

nuclear%20explosion.jpg

EDIT: Oh, you mean game launch photos...

Seriously, though, can't wait for tomorrow

I can start it up.. :D

I did a pre-launch event for a local game store at Field Of Screams on Saturday night. They got me up on stage in between the rock bands that were playing and the announcer said that I was "an ODST from the 405th Infantry Division, the Costuming Community of the Halo Universe" and directed people to where they can go to get photos with me at the park.

Handed out hundreds of my cards, took dozens and dozens of photos with kids. Told everyone about the game release and where to go to pre-order, etc. It was a really great time.

I skipped an event on Friday night at the Clipper Magazine Baseball Stadium on Friday night because I was still finishing a museum installation project. The store managers told me that I didn't miss much though, it was the first game of the season and nobody really showed up.

Is there a downloadable version of that 405th 'Building Character' card that I saw at Dragoncon? I'll hand as many out as I can at the launch event I'm going to tonight!

DSC04453.jpg

DSC04454.jpg

DSC04456.jpg

DSC04465.jpg

DSC04472.jpg

DSC04477.jpg

DSC04497.jpg

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04502.jpg

DSC04503.jpg

DSC04506.jpg

Man I worked myself to death this week:

DSC04516.jpg

DSC04526.jpg

More pics here: ODST at Field of Screams

Hmm..i think that cant beat anybody, your Suite looks like it was pulled out of the Game with some Kind of Materializer..

Too bad i got no ODST and too bad it was too hot, so i wasnt able to wear the MKVI, so my only Choice was my unfinished Marine Suite.

And i got not the perfect BDU, but i think Tigerstripe works good too.

gamestop.jpg

BTW: Finished Legendary Difficulty a Hour ago^^ (ok, its not very hard, it feels like HALO3 on Hard...)

Awesome pictures Sean! Looks like you had a great time.

Well in some parts of the world, like here in Australia, it's already-

TIME TO DROP!

Here's some poor quality pictures (sorry Linda's out of town studying with her good camera) of my local midnight launch.

64741bd6.jpg

c486e417.jpg

d78ee2e3.jpg

At about ten to they lined us up out the front of the store. There was a five second count down on the stores screens and then the Halo music burst forth from speakers! Drop day had arrived! :D

1d0a75fb.jpg

fa93f680.jpg

Wanna see inside?

With Rube's helmet and Lee's knife in frame. ;)

8c0a476d.jpg

The Sgt Johnson download card.

3bb8ec1d.jpg

The book, disk one and mention of the Reach multiplayer beta invite.

10a5d24f.jpg

Disk two and an ad for Halo Legends and Halo Waypoint.

1caffee0.jpg

I've had a crack at Firefight now and enjoyed the fact that you're not as tough as a Spartan, gives the game a bit of a new dynamic. Well at least that's how it seems so far.

Also kicked off the campaign but just enough to see the opening scenes. Let me tell ya that the true ODST amongst us will be thrilled by seeing a drop from inside a pod. Loved it!

Anyway I better get some sleep now, not long to go now everybody. Get ready to drop! ;)

I'm up in Alaska so I'll get my copy of ODST a little later an everybody down south and the suspence is driving me up the walls and making my trigger finger so ichey I'm playing all my HALO games from HALO WARS to HALO 3 just to releave the tension.

You guys are going to love this game. I'm not going to get to play until after 2 am tonight.. and I'll probably be too tired to do so, but I'll be online every night after tonight.

I got my Firefight fix on Saturday night, played after the Field of Screams event until about 4am. Me and two friends played for about 2 hours straight in one game, got to Set 3, Round 5.. I forget what Wave.. on Security Zone. My buddy's score was up to 299,900 something... He's a wraith killer, carried our whole team that far.

I've seen a little bit of the first level of the Campaign, but honestly I didn't want to.. not until I can give it my full attention. What I did see was too awesome for words. This ain't Halo 3... this is something completely different.

Everybody have a good time tonight. I look forward to seeing everyone else's pictures when I get a chance to check in again.

I hope someone gets a chance to go to the Seattle launch party and take pictures. I'd go myself, but I heard that they expect the line to be completely full by early afternoon today, and I can't get take any time off work to attend. Have a great time at the launch everyone, some of us have to be up early the next day. :p

Well Missouri is having a Midnight release tonight, so I should hopefully get some pictures out.

Man, I so wish I hadn't used all of my sick days this year. I'm pumped about the release tonight and can't wait to jump into Firefight again (I got to play it on the truck tour).

I should be at home tomorrow playing ODST all day... but can't get out of work!

Such is life.

Great looking armour Adam, but one question:

#1. Why do you look angry, and if you are angry, I didn't do it. :p

Oh and I won't be able to go to the Midnight Release, some things came up, I will however be up for playing anybody either on tomorrow or Friday.

Alright, so the game just released on the East Cost about 30 minutes ago. I'll have pics up later, but right now I am either going to sleep or play some ODST, laterz.

- Adulese

No pictures from the Midnight release I went to, but that's mainly because they weren't doing anything special. Plus I was first in line to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back