Oklahoma Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epiccc. completely... amazing.. ^_^

Thanks! Your armor set the stage for women to build their own. Impressive work and can't wait to see your next one!

don't forget to leave a spot for that Power Cat Logo!!!

Your armor turned out great, I like the red leds, and the shoe/boots...I am going in the same direction mostly, except I am using the large foam pads from harbor freight to make full size soles for my boots, still a work in progress, but will post pics when I get it going...

I am using the magnets to keep the chest together just like longshots...I am using magnets out of a bunch of old hard drives I have laying about, those lil things are pretty darn strong...and I will be putting one in my piston and thigh, have not decided if I am gonna put one in my rifle yet? what you think?...oh and don't say a dang thing about the skull dragging Nebraska put on us...that was very painful

A spot will be available.... but I dont think any pussy cat will find its way on there! haha

I also went with the magnetic method like LongShot, and had clips installed just incase a magnet gave way.

Magnets in both your weapons would be awesome! Plus if you get tired of carrying a weapon you can just stick it to the armor. I think the pistol should go to the thigh and the AR should somehow attach to your back.... However, if your suit comes out like mine someone would have to put the AR on the back for you b/c of the range of motion once in the suit :(
If you can get magnets to hold it up I think it would still look sweet (might look at some photos of how its positioned in the game)

Good luck on your build, put up some progress pics ASAP!

Nice to see another Oklahoman here, I live in Tulsa. I'm really digging the armour dude.

Sweet! Another OKIE! You have been a member for quiet some time. Did you build your own armor? I seen some pics of you I think but couldn't find your WIP or atleast with photos anyway? Also seen that you did some 3D modeling, THATS AWESOME! Wish I knew how.

amazing work, i love how you left a bit of the pitting from the bondo in the back it adds a bit of character to the suit, great work mate.

Thanks, it orinally occurred because I was to lazy to bondo... sand...bondo...sand, but once the paint was applied I kind of liked the battled look.

I've been following your progress since you started this thread. I really liked how your armor turned out for you! Great work indeed! The lights definitely add to the suite very well! Congrats on your first suit!! I will be reviewing your thread for when I make my own spartan armor for inspiration! (if I ever finish off Iron man lol)

*edit* oh and BTW, what are the black tubes everyone uses on their helmets? The vent hoses or whatever.. they all look the part and they all seem the same for everyone. Did I miss what everyone uses for that part??

Thanks! BTW I have been following yours too and it may have just compelled me to give IronMan a go....

I really don't know how everyone else is doing the hosing on their helmets. I just found some tubing around the house that was close to the right size and did some cutting and trimming so I could squeeze it in there.

Question: Chest plate by flying squirl

Hi, your chest plate looks good. I Down loaded the MKVI HD Chest letter Flying Squire files. Just started putting together and the hole to put you head through is too small. I haven't change or scaled the print out. Did i use the wrong file? Where did you grab you file?

The head opening was always meant to be made wider. Use your dremel for this. That what I had to do

Cheers

great job with this build! Your pep work looks really clean and neat, especially for an HD model. And the added effects of your lighting, oh man its sweet! And of course, you can't go wrong with that good of a paint job, well done on this armor build - I think it's fantastic!

The suit looks as awesome in action as it did during the build.

You seemed to have good articulation except perhaps with the thigh pieces? Perhaps a set of suspenders might help there.

Love the final credit shot, looks outstanding (the suit also! :) )

Nice job on the Video!
Great to see that you got the suit "Out and about"
I agree with Roadkiller... looks like some tweaking needs to be done with the strapping. Thats part of the process. :)
Great work on the red LED's and the color scheme.

What kind of response did you get when you went to Game Stop?

Cheers!

Nice job on the Video!
Great to see that you got the suit "Out and about"
I agree with Roadkiller... looks like some tweaking needs to be done with the strapping. Thats part of the process. :)
Great work on the red LED's and the color scheme.

What kind of response did you get when you went to Game Stop?

Cheers!

Thanks, but I don't think I will be cuttn' logs and hit the trails on a 3 wheeler like you have been in your suit!

You and Roadkiller are totally correct and have been workin on it for most of the day!
Thighs and biceps seems to give me a headache but I about have it figured out.

Funny Story at GameStop, I went to preorder Kinetic and COD only to find out that the system was down and I would have to come back later??? Can't you see I'm MASTER CHIEF......FIX THE $#!~ !!! :)

Anyway the reaction was awesome from the little kids, might put some of those photos up tonight!

Thanks!

Sick build man, your stuff is awesome!!!!!!!!

and now that I've complimented you, I need to inform you that the Sooners may just have to break yall's undefeated streak. The only reason I'm saying that though, is because now you know another 405th Oklahoman, Edmond Born, Sooner Raised ;)
I don't have any armor yet, still trying to get files together to try and perfect what I want. I'm going to be doing a custom Reach build, and I'm hoping to see some game-accurate peps soon.
I'm going to try and get everything pepped out by at least winter, but then I may have to wait till late spring so I can Harden (because of the temperature).

I'm a mechanical engineering major, so what free time I do have, I try to spend learning stuff from these forums. With that aside, I do still happen to be having a total pain trying to figure out scaling. Maybe we could get together some time and you could assist me, or maybe we could get a pm conversation going.

Anyways,
I currently live in Moore, but I lived in Stillwater the past four years as a COWBOY!
That looks awesome ! I'm in Edmond,OK and just started my armor .
Nice to see another Oklahoman here, I live in Tulsa. I'm really digging the armour dude.
it looks like we have an Oklahoman team ;)
it's exciting!!! haha

At WandererTJ,

Congrats on moving to #1, it will be nice to knock yall off your high horse! LOL
I have a brother attending OU right now, so I don't hate you sooners, but I don't like you either!

Seen that you dont have a WIP thread yet so what troubles are you having with scaling exactly?

We're number 1? Lol that's news to me. Guess I do too much homework. Either way, if we can't beat missou or A&M then the bedlam game is going to be very interesting... actually it's going to be interesting either way. At the start of the season I had money on OSU, but as things are going my decision is somewhere in the range of: I could probably flip a coin and it would land on it's edge...

I didnt want to start a WIP thread until I could actually get something(with pictures) going. I did happen to post a blog about what I want to make though.

I'm interested in making Hugh's ODST helmet and I have the activated Pep Designer so I can change the scale. However I've compared the numbers with other helmets(ODST in particular) that I've downloaded and noticed that numbers in the scale menu have what seems like no relation between one another. I am a noob when it comes to scaling the pep models. Once I can get past the scaling stage, things should come fairly easy though.
I've looked around trying to find help for scaling, but I just cannot figure this out for the life of me.

This weekend I didn't have much on my suit to work on so I decided to carve a pumpkin. I went with the Reach cover for my carving.

What do you think?

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

This weekend I didn't have much on my suit to work on so I decided to carve a pumpkin. I went with the Reach cover for my carving.

What do you think?

I think there's going to be a problem if someone tries to smash that pumpkin cuz that is freaking awesome.
If it goes missing though, well...... don't look at me ;P

I think there's going to be a problem if someone tries to smash that pumpkin cuz that is freaking awesome.
If it goes missing though, well...... don't look at me ;P

Haha, I don't think its going to last until the 31st though.... already moldy!

Here is some pics from the GameStop trip......

PA150543.jpg

PA150544.jpg

PA150546.jpg

PA150547.jpg

PA150548.jpg

PA150550.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back