Pep Scaling for Short Girls (Under 5'7'')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aloha!! Im a newb (hench the newb thread), Im making the HD Master Chief armour (halo 3) but Im having trouble with scaling, apparently certain methods dont work if you are under 5'9'', Im roughly 5'2 or 5'3'', any pointers or help on scaling pretty prettyplease

(Spartan Chick says thankies!!!)

If you're new to Pep armor making, I suggest reading this:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34408-All-In-One-New-Member-Introduction-Guide

As for scaling, there are several scaling tutorials around the forums. Try using the Search function to find them. They are also linked for you in the above document. I was unaware of any scaling method that wouldn't work for people under a certain height, but the methods of scaling in the tutorials work for anyone, regardless of how tall or short they are. Case in point, several members have made suits for their young children. You basically just have to measure your respective body parts and use that to scale each piece, so your height doesn't matter.

I've used her's as well and it really does work great!

I'm glad to know that my scaling tutorial has really helped other people! ^_^ hehe

And yes, the tutorial I have works for ANYONE of ANY height since you just measure each part of your body for whatever piece you are working on. :)

Yeah, Halogoddess' tutorial is extremely detailed and informative, and is definitely one of the best out there (I used it for my build, it was great). Spitfire also has a tutorial HERE if you're looking for something more short and to-the-point.

Thanks everyone :D Im soooo happy everyones so supportive! I made my helmet today (HD and it was my first go!!) and I'm pretty happy, but Im a newb and easily impressed ... you guys wanna lemme know if I did any good?

master_chief_cosplay_by_cheshirevirus3-d4la54n.jpg

5'1'' goodness youre so cute and tiny I could eat you up :) Im roughly 5'2'' or 3'' but some people say Im 5'4'' so I dont really know :/ hahaha
Thank you :D

I feel so tall now haha awh its okay, being short is great, you can use less cardstock and bondo etc so you make savings in the end ;P
Master Chief is still a giant compared to both of us though hehe and the Hunters ... Jeeeezus not I feel like Im 2 feet tall haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back