PIC HEAVY. Awsome Custom Halo Reach Foam Armor. Getting Ready For Anime LA!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
f53f0ece-e909-4bf5-8b5c-e1abcee0061f.jpg

^^This is how I feel right now^^ Holy crap bro, your work is flat out EPIC!!! I followed your work over on the rpf with the heavy artillery armor and I have to say man, I think you are outdoing your previous work.

About the minicell foam, I believe someone else asked a little earlier, what thickness are you using? I checked out that website you posted. The prices are pretty reasonable I think. Especially when you factor in that you don't have to buy body filler or resin. Also, (and I may have missed this earlier in the thread, distracted by the awesomeness) what type of glue are you using?

As far as knife placement goes, do you have room for your helmet to clear if you place it on the right top, beside the neck seal? In the pic you have for the top, it looks like it might interfere with that massive shoulder you are going to make. Just my opinion.
Keep those updates coming!:D

I forgot all about the RPF. My experience on there was not pleasant. I had to go. People where driving me crazy with the whole MasterLe thing. From What I heard a year later people are still going on about him. I've been on A lot of different Prop making Web Sites. The RPF is the only one I had to get away from. Well enough about that.

The size to foam I use is 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch. The body of the armor is 1/2 inch. If you use PEP you really have to think of the sizing, since the materiel your using is 1/2 a inch think. But so far for me i have not ran into any problems. When in came to the XL3 torso I sized it to 470mm It came out perfect. ForgedReclaimer Biceps, I used standard size. It came out a little tight, but its work able. But I a big guy. Those sizes works for me. So what ever size torso work for you just go a head and do it. you wont have to worry about the thickness of the foam. For the biceps add at the most 1/2 inch to your measurement.

I use 1/4 inch for detailing and the smaller pep parts that 1/2 inch cant do. Along with standard size Foamies.

I just use regular hot glue sticks. I just drown the insides with hot glue. My hot glue gun uses the thicker longer hot glue sticks.

Your right about the placement of the knife. It might come in contact with the shoulder too much. I believe I do have space from the helmet to place the knife in that location. Thank you

I forgot all about the RPF. My experience on there was not pleasant. I had to go. People where driving me crazy with the whole MasterLe thing. From What I heard a year later people are still going on about him. I've been on A lot of different Prop making Web Sites. The RPF is the only one I had to get away from. Well enough about that.

The size to foam I use is 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch. The body of the armor is 1/2 inch. If you use PEP you really have to think of the sizing, since the materiel your using is 1/2 a inch think. But so far for me i have not ran into any problems. When in came to the XL3 torso I sized it to 470mm It came out perfect. ForgedReclaimer Biceps, I used standard size. It came out a little tight, but its work able. But I a big guy. Those sizes works for me. So what ever size torso work for you just go a head and do it. you wont have to worry about the thickness of the foam. For the biceps add at the most 1/2 inch to your measurement.

I use 1/4 inch for detailing and the smaller pep parts that 1/2 inch cant do. Along with standard size Foamies.

I just use regular hot glue sticks. I just drown the insides with hot glue. My hot glue gun uses the thicker longer hot glue sticks.

Your right about the placement of the knife. It might come in contact with the shoulder too much. I believe I do have space from the helmet to place the knife in that location. Thank you

Yeah, I know what you mean about that whole situation. I haven't been on there in a while my self. Anyway...... Thanks for the info on the foam and glue. I have a mini glue gun, but I should be able to make it work. If not, I'll go get another. So are you editing the files any to make larger templates or working with them as is? One more thing,(for now) what is your cutting tool of preference? Sorry for all the questions, just don't know anything about foam builds, but I'm wanting to learn.

Where do you get your foam? I've seen others use the 1/4 inch foam but am not sure I can find it around me.

By the way I really like yhe way your knife came out.

Blade placement, A blade should be placed comfortably on the shoulder opposite of you're wield hand, so as to have a smooth cross draw/pull.

Nick Nack - Great work! What a talent! Thanks for answering everybody's questions - pretty much answered all I thought up. I keep tumbling over the idea of doing the foam armor, especially for the chest since it is so big and so involved in detail. Great stuff. - Bill

Wow, Nick Nack, this build is totally sick! I dunno if you've made up your mind yet, but I think that on front of the shoulder is where you should put the knife, just because it's easier access. ...For me at least..... But seriously this build is on the epic side of AWESOMESWEETCOOL AMAZING!
Keep it up and definitely keep us updated with the posts!!

the knife is awesome and the knife i think would look better on the top like fat hi555 said like on the straight part i really don;t know how to explain it any better so yah just keep up the fantastic work and really can't wait to see more =D

Looks really good so far. Looking forward to seeing the finish product and you at comic con. Btw what days did you get for the con?

WOW!

I love what you did with the collar and the addition of the LED's!

Your project is coming along FANTASTIC!

Please keep up the good work.

Cheers!

Very impressive! I know what you mean about people knocking out armour in week. It's been 3 years and I still don't have a completed armour piece. It's all about sticking to it though.

What kind of foam did you use? Sorry if you already answered that, but it just looks like the foam from camping mats. What's the strength like?

Keep it up! Oh yeah, that reminds me; do you have any previous experience with an airbrush?

Nick Nack, your armor and knife is horrible! SEND IT T0 ME FOR DISPOSAL!

XD But like everyone else said, I like it on the top, but not on the slanted part, on the top smooth part where it normally goes on the Spartan. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back