Project_mjolnir://mark_iv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason still needs to unfold the helmet file i've created, it's very acurate :p

Please tell me it's that really pretty obj file in the archive, with all the color on it, 'cause that's the one that's giving me such a hard time.

Please tell me it's that really pretty obj file in the archive, with all the color on it, 'cause that's the one that's giving me such a hard time.
nope, it's another file, it isn't in the archive yet.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but between the holidays and the insanity of the chest piece, I took a break from the suit. Admittedly, it was probably longer than it should have been. In the meantime, I am still taking a break from the torso build, but I've been working on other, simpler pieces instead. After all, after the move, I need to rebuild almost everything.

P1250746.jpg

I'll try to be better about posting in the future, but I'm afraid there won't be much progress until the end of March. I recently got a new job. Good news: it pays a lot more, so I'll have a better budget for the project. Bad news: I start training in a week in a different state, and I'll be very, very far away from my suit. Oh well. I'm going to try to knock out as much as I can this week, and will make sure I post at lease something before I leave. However, there is another side project that I can take with me, and I will make sure to work on that while I am gone. With any luck, it'll be ready to post when I get back.

Again, sorry for the long radio silence. I'll try to be better about check-ins in the future.

(P.S. It's not necro-posting if it's done by the author of the thread)

Attachments

• P1250746.jpg
    P1250746.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 275
Love it dude! It's more like resurrection posting if anything. I LOVE the Mk IV armor but I'm a bit inexperienced and it seemed like one of the most complicated builds to start. Maybe someday I can make one and join the 2525 clan! For now I'm making a spartan IV recon helmet. I wish you the best of luck. (subscribed)

I've owed you guys a post and progress weeks ago. However, there has been a major setback. As I mentioned in my last post, I was going out of state for new job training. Well, while I was there, I was run over by a truck while I was crossing the street. I suffered major injuries including damage to the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, spleen, broken ribs, fractured vertebrae in my lower back, and a broken pelvis. I have been in hospitals and care centers ever since, and I am still recovering in Connecticut. After this, I'm going to California to recover at my parents house where I'll have help relearning to walk and where it's a single story home instead of a third floor apartment.

So, to those who follow this thread, there isn't going to be any progress for a while. To the admins, please don't shut down or lock this thread in the meantime. The doctors are saying it'll be 2 to 6 months before I'm fully recovered, so I won't be back to work on my project for a while. However, my dad has tons of fun tools and power tools and my step-mom has plenty of sewing stuff. Who knows? Maybe when I'm more mobile, I'll be able to work on something over here after all.

Christ almighty! Sounds like you were lucky just to survive - I'm glad to see that you have, though, Spartan. Allow me to be the first to wish you a speedy recovery and an easy road to full health - and rest assured, we wouldn't close down the thread.

Spartans never die, and Troopers don't go down with a fight. Glad to hear you're mostly in one piece. I wish you a speedy and full recovery - and remember, that's what's most important. Don't go straining yourself if the doctor tells you that you need to be resting.

Well, I don't have an armor update for you, but I figured I could give you an update on my recovery.

I've been in my parents' home for about a month,now, doing physical therapy. I feel like a post-op Spartan. I had a lot of stuff put in me, have a long recovery readjusting and relearning how to move, and have to eat a high protein (and high fiber) diet. To top it off, I'm coming out of this with a lot of kick-ass scars! Now all I need is the neural chip.

My cat and gerbils made it to California as well. The gerbils are having a blast, but Sienna is not happy having to share space with 3 other kitties. But once she's done hissing and growling at them, she enjoys the extra people to pet her and going out in my dad's backyard.

I've been doing plenty of physical therapy. Though not as frequent as when I was a patient at the acute care facility, the workouts are a lot more difficult. I've been going through exercises to rebuild left leg strength and my core, which has been non-existent since they sliced me open. Literally. There is a giant scar running from my sternum down to my pelvis bone where they cut me open to pull out and find any damage to my innards. Trying to do a crunchie has been a b***h and a half. I also say I'm building left leg strength because after compensating for 2 months, my right thigh is massive!

With any luck, things will even out because I am finally full weight bearing on the left. I've been hobbling around the house all week on one crutch. I'm also about to switch from having an in-home therapist to being an outpatient... somewhere to continue my physical therapy. This is a big step since whatever facility I end up going to (hopefully UC Davis) is going to have a lot more and a lot heavier equipment to use. It's going to be difficult, but I'm looking forward to getting on a stationary bike or a row machine. It all pushes me back to being at 100% and going home.

Mark IV is the most protective-looking halo armour there is. (Unfortunately, it's a little low on the bad*** scale, EOD beats it, due to the 'sniper avoidance' perk. (wearing a little visor makes your head harder to see)

Welcome back, tomboy. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery! Spartans never die, they just go MIA and return after recovery in the hospital :p
And your build is truly kickass, will be subscribing to the thread! You're Navy, Spartans are Navy. You're a Spartan :D

Welcome back, tomboy. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery! Spartans never die, they just go MIA and return after recovery in the hospital :p
And your build is truly kickass, will be subscribing to the thread! You're Navy, Spartans are Navy. You're a Spartan :D

And now I've got all the scars, too! (Seriously, I look like a gutted fish)

Spartans never die, They just regroup in hell.

You, tomboy, missed out on the regroup, deciding to kick ***** again!

There was just too much I had left to do in the world of the living. Covenant, beware... :devil

Thank you, everyone, for the support, the kind (and amazing) words, and for putting up with a very long wait for any more progress (though that may change soon). I can at least give you an update on my recovery.

I am now in outpatient therapy, and I've moved on from standing exercises to work with weight machines. If I can convince my dad to move a few things, I might even be able to dust off and use the one at home. I've also tried to get back into tai chi, but lack of a core and balance makes it difficult. Work continues on my legs, thighs, core, and upper body, but I can see the payoff:

I can walk without crutches!!!

There's good and bad days, but for the most part I'm walking without any help, though maybe a limp. I'm also working with my doctor to wean myself off the pain medication. I will say that withdrawal sucks, but I'm already down to about half of what I was originally taking. Things are mostly healed up, and now it's just a matter of medication and endurance keeping me from going home. In the meantime, my family and I have been discussing getting me a bicycle since I still can't drive. My only concern is this giant hill/bridge that's between home and everything I'd want to get to. That thing was difficult even when I was healthy.

Still, I'm more excited about the personal freedom and mobility. If it all works out, I may be able to get supplies to work on a weapon or two, and my step-mom has a serger. I'm going to try to convince her to help and let me use it to sew the lycra undersuit. Hopefully, I'll have something to show after all my time stuck here. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back