Quick heads up on Weta SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting man!

BTW , this is unrelated but, did you ever see the pics of the finished grenade?

Thanks for posting man!

BTW , this is unrelated but, did you ever see the pics of the finished grenade?
No prob Jake!!
Yessir, VERY weathered. Your nade looks like it was some unexploded ordnance that was dug up from the battlefield years after a hallacious firefight.

I was going to get the Cortana Statue but at $81+ to ship it's not a very good deal when you can get it for $45 total right now from 3 different auctions on Ebay

I was going to get the Cortana Statue but at $81+ to ship it's not a very good deal when you can get it for $45 total right now from 3 different auctions on Ebay
OMG! I am SO glad I just saw this!!!! :D

I NEVER did get anything for my birthday so maybe I will treat myself to something. :p I have been wanting this statue for a VERY long time now. Happy birthday to me!!! haha Even though it's a bit late now. :\

FYI guys, I saw this on my facebook(weta and I are friends:p) about 4 hours before I posted it. So I think they are really serious when they say SALE. It's like a 24 hour thing. The price is surely right, but I wonder what the availability is like. I was this close to getting cortana. but I know it'll be just one other thing to put in my closet...safe from the kids....collecting dust.
BTW good eye Ben!

$45 until everyone bids it up to $200+.

I just checked this about a few days ago, to discover that the helmets were on sale for $15 a piece. I was hoping these would be.

I'm snagging the Flood one personally.

I picked up the Cortana off off Weta during this sale on Monday and it ended up being one of the best delas I've ever gotten on a prop/collectible. With shipping to Ohio, it only ended up being a little over $100 USD, which is half of what it is normally on thier site, before shipping. Also, I saw the ones on eBay, but if you'll notice, they are all from sellers with 1 or zero feedback, only stock photos, and by this point, the cheapest one is $240. I think I came out on top. Will be sure to post pics when I get it.

I picked up the Cortana off off Weta during this sale on Monday and it ended up being one of the best delas I've ever gotten on a prop/collectible. With shipping to Ohio, it only ended up being a little over $100 USD, which is half of what it is normally on thier site, before shipping. Also, I saw the ones on eBay, but if you'll notice, they are all from sellers with 1 or zero feedback, only stock photos, and by this point, the cheapest one is $240. I think I came out on top. Will be sure to post pics when I get it.
My work here is done:p. That being said, I'm really regretting not getting 'Corty and the Cheif' I wonder how big it is. When you post pics Cadet, please use your own hand or something universal for reference.
Thanks.

My work here is done:p. That being said, I'm really regretting not getting 'Corty and the Cheif' I wonder how big it is. When you post pics Cadet, please use your own hand or something universal for reference.
Thanks.

Will do, no problem.

I want to get some better picture later, borrow a friend's digital SLR, get a nice backdrop and such, but, as promised, a quick picture. The mcfarlane cortana is there for reference. I believe the statue is just around 18 inches, and according to specs I read on one website, the whole thing is about approximately .85 scale. That makes sense, as the Chief's hand in the statue is just about the same size as mine, maybe slightly smaller, and I'm 6 foot even, so a 7 foot tall super-soldier would obviously have a larger hand.

100_2630.jpg

I want to get some better picture later, borrow a friend's digital SLR, get a nice backdrop and such, but, as promised, a quick picture. The mcfarlane cortana is there for reference. I believe the statue is just around 18 inches, and according to specs I read on one website, the whole thing is about approximately .85 scale. That makes sense, as the Chief's hand in the statue is just about the same size as mine, maybe slightly smaller, and I'm 6 foot even, so a 7 foot tall super-soldier would obviously have a larger hand.

100_2630.jpg
Wow.WOW. Cortana looks to be about the size of a barbie doll. The texture on the armored glove looks like it may have been a cast of an actual work glove or something like it. Or maybe it was sculpted...I can't tell. Got yer self a nice catch there Cadet. Thanks for making me even MORE depressed. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back