-= Quit Smoke Now =- Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

Today is exactly 1 month since... I'm quit smoking :)
Without any exceptions. I do not touch this any more :) At all.
After 20 years of ceaseless smoke :)

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Congratulations, Bev! Took you long enough to find out that smoking is bad. ;)
Yeah, thanks.
It is amazing to see that your snivels are white again, while always they were black, ha ha :)
Yeah, and I started to sense odors again :))

Last edited by a moderator:
But you're still gunna die of lung cancer from Resin fumes. J/k, congrats!!

Man...congratulations! I'm a smoker (and loving it, sad but true) but my family is starting to annoy me with their incessant attempts to get me to quit so who knows...maybe one day I'll be able to make a thread like this myself :D

Now you can redirect all of the money you used to spend on smokes for costuming ^^;

Congrats. There are so many addictive chemicals anymore its not even funny.

bevbor said:
Yeah, thanks.
It is amazing to see that your snivels are white again, while always they were black, ha ha :)
Yeah, and I started to sense odors again :))

how is that going for you? i kinda miss the ability to sense odors... is it wonderful to wake up and not cough up a nice lung cookie?

oh and Silentviper we all know that smoking is bad... we choose to take that risk.

hey, congratulations man, quitting smoking is not easy, i know a lot of people who smoke and have been trying to quit for years, but only managed to cut back on how much they smoke.

personally i have never smoked (never plan on it), so i don't know what its like to give up smoking, but if its anything like giving up dark pop (i'm addicted to Pepsi :S), and i'm assuming its harder, you have MUCH more will power than i do. lol

Congats, I quit for 3 months now as of the 23rd, cold turkey. You can do it, I have faith in you.

Ithica

Congrats!

I'm on day 9 of quitting myself. :D I've tried many times before but for the first time it really feels like I'm done. I have no interest or craving to smoke.

BTW, I smoked for 18 years. That's more than half my life.

One of the things I've found most interesting is how much it's changed me in just a week. I've undoubtedly become more focused, more energetic. But being that smokers often use smoking to handle stress, it's like I have to learn how to cope with stress all over again. Now I can't just walk away and have a cigarette when I'm frustrated about something.

It's funny because I've smoked all my adult life. I wonder what kind of person I will be as a non-smoker. It's very startling how quickly my sense of smell is coming back, and I can taste the food I'm eating better too.

Anyhow, congrats Bevbor! I personally know how hard it is to do.

Did you use any quitting aids or nicotine medication to help you quit? Every other time I've tried going cold turkey, this time I'm using the nicotine gum. It really takes the edge off and makes the transition less agonizing.

"What the hell is this? Whe the HELL is there a pen cap...AND NO PEN!?!?!?!"

That's what you'll turn into. loljk.

Sean Bradley said:
Did you use any quitting aids or nicotine medication to help you quit?

Nothing! For 1 month :) And I feel now I can easily recall long phone numbers that people said just a few minutes ago!
That never happened to me before! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back