Ranking discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
MasterGun said:
it shouldn't be about how many post you have.
Its True, like Sean said, based on post # it makes for
lots of unnecessary posting. - Ice

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the idea like say you arrange a 405th food drive and you get say 5 xp the you need like 20 xp to go to private first class BUT you need proof of it. idk just a thought

MasterGun said:
i like the idea like say you arrange a 405th food drive and you get say 5 xp the you need like 20 xp to go to private first class BUT you need proof of it. idk just a thought

Yeah, but that mean, a lot more work for the mods. And people may be cheating saying like " I was there! " but he or she wasn't.

1st here's the Halo official ranking system. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Rank_%28UNSC%29

2nd It should be based on <ul>[*]For how long you are a member[*]How much you help the community[*]etc.[/list]
my 0,2 cents

Here's my thoughts and ideas on it:

1. I think it could be possible, but might be more hassle than it's worth.

2. I think we need Medals, with different ranks in the medals. Halomods has a system like this, and they have over 83,000 members. It works so that if you stand out in some way, and a mod thinks that you are deserving of a medal, then he can give you one. That way you don't get better things on how many times you post.

For instance, if you make a mold that is OK, then you could get a low level "Molder" medal. If you were to mold a full suit of very high quality armor, then you could get a high level "Molder" Medal.
If you were to make some OK pepakura files, then you could get a low level "Pep Creator" medal. If you were to make some very good or innovative pep files, then you could get a high level "Pep Creator" medal.
You could a "Critic" medal, or anything you could think of. There could also be bad medals, such as the "Bad Grammar" medal. You could then redeem yourself from that by using good grammar.

That is just what I think. If it's to much hassle, ok. If it gets used, I'll be happy. :D

I think after every 100-200 post in a certain area such as the armor making area (pep/molded area) you should have a new rank, rather than just advanced.

So... we're saying that rankings can be based on rep.

For those of you that need a little more explanation, some forums have a little gimmick called 'rep' whereby you can leave a positive or a negative reputation mark against that member. Sometimes members can have 'negative' rep scores, often if the system is implemented to show that positive rep shows you as 'good' and negative as 'evil'.

Well.. that's fine and all, but could end up being incredibly biased and unfair. I've seen the 'rep' function on some boards (or whatever variant other boards use) be abused where a lot of members gang up on one person to boost his/her rep up upon request, just so that person can show off.

Still. If governed well, it could work.

You kids and your reputations... sheesh :D

Can anyone summarize how a ranking system would benefit us as an organization, or facilitate the goals of this website?

Or are you guys just looking to 'rank up'?

I personally could care less about 'ranking'. I'm happy just being SPARTAN Weyland-Seven-Six, but if someone decides to assign me a rank, I'm fine with that too.

My original intent was to have a small rank insignia on my armor once I'd gotten it complete, but due to that being subject to change, I decided against it.

I'd have to agree with Sean.
I don't believe having a ranking system would be useful in any capacity. The only real outcome of having a rank would be more arguing and infighting, as I'm sure very few people would achieve whatever rank they feel they should.

Have a good quality costume, as well as meet whatever requirements might be lined up at some point, and you'll be included in this great group. Do we really need any more than that?

Well, I don't think a ranking system would be a good idea. I know of one forum that tried it out, and well, it didn't turn out to well. Let's just leave it at that.
If you guys ABSOLUTELY want a ranking system, I think that Rooster-Teeth has the perfect system.

Hello I just joined the site and I think you should be ranked based upon what you do help wise. Decided by a group of admins. Also another thing that would be fun to do is to get together and reenact battles using airsoft guns or similar in armor.

Ice said:
Hey guys, I just went to Halopedia to check out the UNSC ranks, and I came up with this for how to go about doing the ranks for members of the 405th. It goes as follows:
Master Chief- Adam
Senior Chief- Link
Chief- All the Global Mods
Petty Officer(s) 1st Class - Members of Veteran Status with a set of quality of armor
Petty Officer(s) 2nd Class- Members of... Member status with a set of quality armor
Petty Officer(s) 3rd Class- Members of Noob Status with a set of quality armor
Crewman- Members of Veteran Status without a set of armor
Crewman Apprentice- Members of... Member status without a set of armor
Crewman Recruit- Members of Noob Statur without a set of armor

This is just what I thought up for ranks in the 405th, it may need some revisions added. If you would like to add anything to this, be my guest, I just designed this as a rough copy for you guys to think about and branch off on, and thoughts and inputs will be accepted. - Ice

what no officer ranks?? i know you guys love the MC... but this is just a list of enlisted naval ranks... there is a whole other level of military leadership to consider... if the 405th decision makers want to go with enlisted rank... i recommend appointments based on rank... IE adam can be made 'MC of the 405th'... much like a SGT MAJ rank... who's duties are based on that of the roman centurion... and right where the MC is in the chain-of-command based on his extensive experience in the enlisted ranks.... at the end of the day however... it is still the general or admiral that sends the marines and spartans into battle....

just a thought....

Razgriz said:
Well, I don't think a ranking system would be a good idea. I know of one forum that tried it out, and well, it didn't turn out to well. Let's just leave it at that.
If you guys ABSOLUTELY want a ranking system, I think that Rooster-Teeth has the perfect system.

i agree... its prob trouble... KISS principle (keep it simple stupid)... general appointment rank for the 405th admin are good... but enforcing the chain maybe more trouble than any of us want... at the end of the day... its all about participation and doing similar recognition programs as the 501st should be enough 'hoorah' for our brightest...

Razgriz said:
I know of one forum that tried it out, and well, it didn't turn out to well. Let's just leave it at that.
Was that possibily the old GH forums? They argued and argued, but they made great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back