Reach Armor By Spartan-029

Status
Not open for further replies.
your welcome :)
although it looks like an easy fix after seeing Spacemeat's comment.
and ive gotta agree with HaloGoddess here! adding the collar piece onto the female chest would look pretty smexy! :D

Back again guys! So I finished making tweaks to the body armor, both the regular and the 'sized' version as you see below. hopefully the sized version fits as well as I hope it to. (I'm 6'3'' if you're looking for a scale to unfold this at.)

I assembled the area of the helmet in question. The fit is a little awkward but it goes together. The thing that bothers me more is that towards the back of the helmet there's these too edges are supposed to be connected but the shape doesn't match up so it kinda leads to this weird overhang.

Thank you to AceNat and Spacemeat for pointing out the couple flaws in the Kat helmet. It turned out a couple of verteces did not merge when I wanted them to so that issue has been dealt with. Although I'm not certain about that overlap part Spacemeat, I looked at my model and everything 'looks' fine. I'll keep checking it out though later on.

So here you are:

The redone Kat helmet
http://www.4shared.com/file/yE1-RmTf/Reach_Kat_helmet.html

Body Armor
http://www.4shared.com/file/RGyKCL2r/Reach_Chest.html

Spartan 'sized'
http://www.4shared.com/file/TsVdiB-S/reach_chest_sz.html

Thank you Iganderson for offering to lend your unfolding skills for this. I want to say I'm sorry for making the file really detailed though. lol. Hope it doesn't give you too much trouble. If anything needs fixing, let me know and I'll get on it.

39887_143900665629490_100000286729763_333040_6474466_n.jpg

As the good man once said: "I know what the ladies like"

So if it's ok with DF, sure i'll tweak it a tad, less he's done so by now... lol
And thanks for pointing out the extra plate, i keep forgetting that lil piece. BTW, I'll try and get you your Kat leg attachment soon...just...going through a little family stuff on my end at the moment so there's a lil delay...

That'd be awesome! I have tomorrow off so I can build it then. I'll be finishing the COD piece tonight. I'll have to post pics of the legs and gauntlets as well. The gauntlets look absolutely awesome! I think we'll be able to make it before Reach hits shelves. Bungie just went Golden! Woohoo! 39 days and counting! Let's push guys! we can do it!

Thanks for being so fast with the tweaks. The overhang is definately there, you can see in this picture:

The overhang is duplicated on both sides of the helmet too and If you angle it just right from the back you can see the part that sticks out a little:

Anyhow, I finished the older version of the helmet and figured you'd like to see you work all assembled:

Unfortunately I made it freakishly big and reminds me of big head mode from Goldeneye. At least it helped get some of the kinks out.

Oh and when I was building it, I noticed this funny little extranous piece on the chin that didn't really fit, so I took a look at the file and discovered this little internal piece:

Hello mate. I was wondering if I could request an Emile helmet. I don't want to be "that guy", but I found out after pepping Chevysrule's model, that the helmet is slightly narrow. It's a good model nonetheless. I provided a picture for reference. I know it's one of the concept models, but it's really not too far off from the in game model. Thanks a ton mate.

ReachConcept_EmileHelmet.jpg

Hello mate. I was wondering if I could request an Emile helmet. I don't want to be "that guy", but I found out after pepping Chevysrule's model, that the helmet is slightly narrow. It's a good model nonetheless. I provided a picture for reference. I know it's one of the concept models, but it's really not too far off from the in game model. Thanks a ton mate.
L3x BLU3XAVI3R, modelled the emile helmet, is super accurate but its just missing the vents, but you can add those while pepping the helm

L3x BLU3XAVI3R, modelled the emile helmet, is super accurate but its just missing the vents, but you can add those while pepping the helm

Um, actually, it's not very accurate at all. It's too long, the visor is not shaped correctly, and other details aren't perfect. Chevysrule made one and I edited it further. It adheres to the concept art about 99% of the time. And it has the cutout for the vent. Trust me, I have been working on my L3X emile helmet forever now, and it'll take a long time to get it accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back