Reach CQC helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, finally back to this guy after real life has stopped sidetracking me.

Here's what I've got, it is just about done:

This is what the model looks like. Mesh is kind of ugly, as Rhino models things totally differently than anything I have, and the way it exports .objs gives it tons of tri's and open edges. It took a lot of work to even get it to here.
CQCHelmet3D-1.jpg

Here's what it looks like in Pep:
CQCHelmetPep1.jpg

And this is what the breakdown starts to look like. I'd say it's on the upper end of a MQ file, lots of little tabs due to all of the small tri's instead of regular 4-sided faces like we prefer.
CQCHelmetPep2.jpg

So would everyone prefer the file released as-is (Almost HD, full of tiny tabs and tri's, released tomorrow) or optimized for pep (MQ, less tabs, delayed release)?

I LOVE the look... and would love the helmet....BUT
I am willing to wait and let you get it right....A bit of quality is WAY
worth the wait....

Cujo3131

You could release the HD version as is for the more ambitious peppers to re-unfold and build, but I am content waiting for whatever you are willing to release.

It wouldn't necessarily be on the top of my list, but I definitely feel like it worth the wait to get the geometry right.

-Matt

As long as I've been waiting for this model, I think I can wait a little longer. Thanks so much for updating ruze! My only thoughts are that if life sidetracks the development severely, it would be nice to get this model if nothing else. I just started learning rhino to build this but I'm not quite there yet...

Agreed, that model looks fantastic. But I would say wait until you feel happy with it. But it really does look great man, fantastic job Ruze! And THANK YOU for taking time out of your busy life to work on this. I read through the entire thread before getting to the last page. The amount of selfishness from some of our members was appalling. I can't believe some people. I guess they just don't understand that sometimes things take time. IT would be nice to have an "instant" button sometimes, but in real life, it just doesn't work that way. Again Ruze, this model looks great, and thank you for putting so much time and effort into it. And also a big thanks to Torsoboy who started the modeling process and gave you a nice headstart. :)

I've waited this long, I can wait longer. My Team and I love all the effort put forth in armor creation. Shadow Team stands ready.

Chill, guys.

It's alot of work if you really think about it, at least from my un-skilled point of view.

let the big man do his job.

Hey Ruze, do you have any kind of an update? I'm supposed to be debuting my suit at a con in about 3 weeks, and most of the rest of the suit is done, and if you plan to have it released soon it would be a nice heads up for me before I start trying to build one from scratch. Thanks in advance.

Hey BlueSol, terribly sorry I didn't respond to your PM last week... work has been beyond insane and I haven't been near a computer for more than 5 minutes at a time, for the last 5/6 weeks.

The CQC helmet is quite a bit simpler than the last time I posted, but not as simple as it could be. But now I never know when I'll be around my PCs to work on it anymore, so I'm just going to release it as-is.

Working on getting it uploaded now, should be up shortly (30-40 minutes). Not yet unfolded, if someone could tackle that it would be much appreciated.

Okay here is the CQC Helmet (version 1):

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20072811/torsoboyRuze789_CQC_V1_Release_pdo
torsoboy-Ruze789CQCHelmet.jpg

It's not yet unfolded, to whomever does unfold it- please keep torsoboy and Ruze789 in the filename or pep unfold. Don't modify the file without first getting permission from torsoboy. There will be a version 2 eventually that will further reduce the HD-ness of this, but I'm putting this one out now so people can get going on it. Feel free to let me know if there are serious errors with the model, and I can fix them asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back