Reach Mark V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boukie12345

Hey guys
this is my first build so let me introduce myself, My name is Ben, I dont own an Xbox and have only played the first halo once when I was younger, Im not big on the games themselves but I am really fascinated by Halo and its history/story so you could say that Yes I am a halo fan, just not a fan of the games if you know what I am saying, Hahaa.
So anyways down to buisiness. What I will be building is the mark 5 suit from halo Reach (as you can see by the title).
So as you can see I have started with the torso. This chest piece was beautifully modeled by the one and only L3X and I am extremelly happy to have it.
Halo

Torso Already Pepped
Halo

Ive Added some thin wooden dowels, that I got from Home Depot, to the inside to keep it straight through the resining process
http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i335/boukie12345/Halo/?action=view&current=FoamStuff.jpg
Im Attempting to make this Chest piece a slip on so I am going to replace the "rib bars"(whatever you call those things on the bottom) with foam to make it easier to slip into. Also the red highlited areas will be made of foam just so you know.

Any Comments/suggestions/critisism would be highly appreciated, Thanks

Okay so Ive fibreglassed the inside of the chest and started bondo/sanding. I managed to put it on by cutting one of the rib braces off. it fits extremelly well

IMG_0023-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0023-1.jpg
    IMG_0023-1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 88
So Ive finished sanding the chest piece and Ive put a layer of primer over it. I went down to canadian tire and got me some bicycle inner tubes and foam excercise mats(Which werent easy to find by the way), these will be used for the soft under armour.
149_0105.jpg

These shapes were made from the foam, when I glue the seperation point together it will make the shoulder part for the inside of the chest piece.
149_0087.jpg

I made this piece out of the inner tubes and foam
149_0085.jpg

149_0088.jpg

The Chest piece so far with soft under armour. I wore white so it stands out
149_0100.jpg

P.S. I also completed one thigh and am currently working on the other one.
149_0101.jpg

Attachments

• 149_0105.jpg
    149_0105.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 149_0087.jpg
    149_0087.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 149_0085.jpg
    149_0085.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 149_0101.jpg
    149_0101.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 149_0100.jpg
    149_0100.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 149_0088.jpg
    149_0088.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 88
beautifully done. can you link me where you downloaded the reach chest because i can't seem to find it.

I used some more of the inner tube around the edges of the foam and I made a collar from the inner tube as well. Im leaving it primer coloured for now because i still havent decided what colour I want it.
149_0117.jpg

149_0112.jpg

Any suggestions on how/what colour I should paint it? cause im having alot of trouble deciding, haha I dont know what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 149_0112.jpg
    149_0112.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 149_0117.jpg
    149_0117.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 88
Love the way the metal latches look on the lower "straps" of the chest piece.
I'll be keeping an eye on this... :)

o mai! this is some amazing stuff here!
and the bike tire tubes are so smart, i gotta think more outside the box.
i may use that method in the future. youve got my vote for the win!

looks great, any chance of getting some pictures of how you sliced your chest piece, the hinges and your buckles just want to get some ideas how it can be done

looks great, any chance of getting some pictures of how you sliced your chest piece, the hinges and your buckles just want to get some ideas how it can be done

Its too hard to explain so Ill show you on video if thats okay...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys this is not an Update, just a question I have. I am really stuck on the pepakura program right now, here is my problem...

Ive downloaded the Right and Left Bicept models but when I print them it makes only Right bicepts. Ive pepped a "Left" Bicept but it came out as a right bicept. I cant figure it out. I didnt download two Right bicepts on accident because Ive tried downloading the Left one over and over again but it wont work. I dont know if there is something wrong with the file or its just me.
WhattheHeck.jpg

Whattheheck2.jpg

If anyone could help that would be highly appreciated or If there is a way to flip the model around thad be good to Thanks

Attachments

• Whattheheck2.jpg
    Whattheheck2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 86
  • WhattheHeck.jpg
    WhattheHeck.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back