Sean Anwalt's Mk V build

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:

Got 'em both now. :D:lol::)
20180727_205701.jpg

Next up are the forearms and then the belt. Which I need to reprint because I scaled it wrong. Ayee!

How do the biceps look? Any tips for building the forearms or belt before I begin?

Having issues with the forearm templates, so I gave up and moved on to the belt. Did my very own re-unfold of the one in the armory, and got me some new foam! yay.

So, here we go. Also, I now have a very strong conviction of the importance of SHARP blades. Like, razor sharp, not just sharp. Getting a lot better results with these new blades.

Anyway, I took a picture. Here ya go:

20180730_223541.jpg

Obviously just starting, but I think I have a good thing going.

That do you think?

I think you just started on the belt piece..........and you have a good thing going. But that's obvious.......:rolleyes:

Ladies and gentlemen: Dirtdives.

My intent with the belt is to get all the sections assembled by themselves before actually putting them together. Since I'm working off a template I redid myself, I'm going to need a few extra scraps here and there, but my foam work has definitely improved since the chest piece.

20180731_073935.jpg
20180731_073948.jpg

But now I'm stuck at work, so progress is halted.... I need to get a lot more money so I don't have to keep coming here.... hahaha

UPDATE kinda.

I am re building the belt. It is too small, and I'm not super happy with how some of the pieces turned out.
20180806_074545.jpg
20180806_074542.jpg
20180806_074531.jpg

So I get to remake the stupid thing. The new pieces are cleaner cut, and bigger. I think what I'm going to do is build all the detail pieces like the side thingies, butt plate, and codpiece and attach them to a solid strap that will in turn attach to a belt. Then I can get me some suspenders to help hold the lower body pieces up.
This piece is kinda kicking my butt. Again. Any advice?

EDIT:
Here are some pictures of the new pieces.

20180807_073949.jpg

20180807_073940.jpg
20180807_073938.jpg

For the most part, I am happier with these than the other one. The cod piece bothers me a little bit, but whatever.

Last edited:
For some reason the belt is killing me! So after days of debating I've decided to attach it in the following manner.
From the center I have put a strip out to either side and still attach that strip to the next piece over after sanding out the details on the back. I measured where the strip was going to be and marked the foam. I'll glue it together when I get home.

20180808_074400.jpg

20180808_074313.jpg

I also got some detailing done on the tops of both the front and back.

20180808_074134.jpg

20180809_074515.jpg

Dang this progress is slow!

Last edited:
Quick photo update:

Got the forearms built, biceps painted, and stickers on the chest. View attachment 258652

With vinyl stickers on dark coloured armour make sure you clear coat over top or make sure they're tacked down extremely well. On my ODST during a particularly warm summer day at a con I had vinyl start peeling up off of foam because of the heat in direct sunlight.

Hmm... trying to think how to explain this...

View attachment 256366
The part threat says "side" goes on the side, the part that says "front", obviously, goes in the front.

Normally I'd just be like 'well fold it at the little attachy point, silly', but it isn't that simple, because there's another piece,

View attachment 256367
There ^

That fits in that little gap.

I don't want to sound unintelligent, but it is proving difficult for me to get the fold as crisp as I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back