Sean Anwalt's Mk V build

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 260528

Knee pad is done. Need to heat seal it and shape the side wings.

Is heat sealing by itself enough to paint over, or should I seal seal it with something else?

It helps, I recommend always heat sealing before any painting, but plasti dip is the way to go after the heat sealing. It is a primer and sealant and helps your foam stay a little flexible without cracking

View attachment 260528

Knee pad is done. Need to heat seal it and shape the side wings.

Is heat sealing by itself enough to paint over, or should I seal seal it with something else?
After heat seal paint can be applied. The foam will soak it up quite a bit, the pores will be visible and will have a very matte finish. You'll have to apply more coats than usual if you want the same finish if you had sealed/primed it.

Hp1rQX5r4Ub6bytrphfky6lFPd8JmoWJ7Rog0Peyg28.gif
You can't rush art!

^
I like that gif.

I have news:

Take number 2. (Apparently take one was so bad I didn't bother to photo graph it.)

20181006_212335.jpg 20181006_212340.jpg 20181006_212346.jpg

This one has a better hole for the arm.

I also got on this forum on a desktop computer a few days ago, and the full size images are HUGE! So here are a few thumb nails.

This is that take one looked like:

20181006_220148.jpg 20181006_220201.jpg 20181006_220153.jpg

Last edited:
Long but good! This is my suit up. The shoes still need to be attached (and shrunk a bit), the knee pads need straps, and my forearms rotated without permission, but here we go:

20181007_211027.jpg 20181007_211113.jpg 20181007_211139.jpg

Plan is tomorrow to get the belt finished and painted, and the straps on, knee pads straps, and possibly the shoes completed.

I am also constructing a new curaisse, hoping to be done with that in a week or two, but we'll see how that goes.

I need some help with my forearms rotating.

For painting details I'm going to get some lighter olive drab paint and kinda dry brush it on the highlights, then black wash it all after doing some yellow and black detail paint on the shoes. Couple stickers and dull coat and this part will be done.

looks good! for the forearms,(I haven't tested this but this is my plan) I will permanently apply Velcro to several anchor points on my under armor so it holds the piece in place...

For the forearms, I just used seat padding on the inside, combined with my gloves, they did not moved at all and had it on for 11 hours

Also to make the chest piece look solid, I just kept the top permanently glued on and the bottom with crazy quarter sized magnets that do not move

apply Velcro to several anchor points on my under armor so it holds the piece in place

That's a good idea. I need to make the under suit, still.

For the forearms, I just used seat padding on the inside, combined with my gloves, they did not moved at all

Seat padding? That is that?

Also to make the chest piece look solid, I just kept the top permanently glued on and the bottom with crazy quarter sized magnets that do not move

I am completely rebuilding the chest, and will keep is as solid as possible. That's why I haven't done any more detailing to it.

Got some painting started this morning. Stuck it inside in the back of the house to let it finish drying. October brings cold and cold brings hard to dry conditions. In June/ July the paint goes on dry. It's great!

Anyway:

20181009_073643.jpg
20181009_073651.jpg

When I get home if I have time, I'll finish what I started and the shoes and belt will be done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back