Shadowshail's MKVI and Jorge W.I.P. (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
See i thought that i had the valley and mountain line codes flipped around, but i double checked in Pepakura designer and it was the same as i usually have it for files i do.

See i thought that i had the valley and mountain line codes flipped around, but i double checked in Pepakura designer and it was the same as i usually have it for files i do.

Hmmmm... I know when i was doin my Mrk VI some files had different patterns for the folds... Had to figure out which was mounttain an which was Valley...

But this is wierd the only problem i had with rundowns upper arm was it was way too round.... hmmmmm *strokes long beard and ponders*

oh well...so i took your advice and just flipped it. It should work cause i inverted the file and printed out the other one already so no matter what it should be correct. Thanks for the suggestion man!

now only to find someone to help with the visor for the H2 ODST.....hmmmm

Thanks for dropping off the ar, Shadowshail. It should be halo3 model at this point... Do you want a trigger? (BTW: can I dance around with it also (if I'm at the release :p))

Cheers!

Thanks for dropping off the ar, Shadowshail. It should be halo3 model at this point... Do you want a trigger? (BTW: can I dance around with it also (if I'm at the release :p))

Cheers!

Of course you can dance around with it! as for the trigger, if there is enough space in there to fit a paintball gloved finger then sure. If not then just leave it.

UPDATE!!! just a small one....

Alright so i am working on my Masterchief suit now and should have it ready by launch. Today i worked mostly on the H2 ODST helmet i will be wearing and here are some pictures of the end product of today's work:

090210184100.jpg

090210184042.jpg

090210184051.jpg

Don't mind the markings on the side...its my notes of what i have left to do. I still have to work on the back of the helmet cause its a little warped there and i have to fix the front right cheek part (you can see the Rondo inside note on the last picture) to make it more smooth.

Other than that i need some padding, good sanding, and a paint job and ill be done with the helm! well...that and the visor...still figuring that one out....

I also worked on hardening my chest piece more and have it 2/3 the way done for that.

And like Sniperbaas said i gave him a screwed up AR i had lying around so he could fix it up before launch night.

Stay tuned for more!

Sorry for the double post but i have pics and a good update, as well as it has been a couple days since i last updated.

UPDATE!!!!! YAY!

so here is what i have done:

Sorry for the pics in advance...i had a camera and my phone...

090610155950.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

090610181603.jpg

I have decided im going to leave the back part of the helmet that got warped a little as battle damage and not worry about it. Other than that i have a little more touch up work before i add the visor and i also have to sand one of the cheeks down more to be in proportions.

Now this next picture will show you the great idea my dad had. Not too sure if anyone else did this but i added the metal accent onto the plastic part of the paintball glove i used. So now it looks like the whole hand is kind of metallic!

IMG_2646.jpg

And last pic of the night!

090610171430.jpg

Ditto! :) I like what you did to the glove! I'm going to have to try that!
Excellent Idea!

Cheers!

Looking good there man. Loving the gauntlet.

For a second I thought armor pieces were in the washing machine. :$

Thanks man!

I had to look at the picture again to see what you were talking about XD lol

Ditto! :) I like what you did to the glove! I'm going to have to try that!
Excellent Idea!

Cheers!

Thank LongShot! my dad actually came up with the idea. Just make sure that you only paint the plastic hard piece on the glove not the glove itself. The only reason i painted the plastic was because it looked too simple without anything.

More Updates to come as we get closer to launch!!!

Update!!!

Alright quick update with photos before i head out to work...

i just realized i don't have many pictures so heres the ones i do have then ill tell you all that is done!

090710185729.jpg

090710185734.jpg

090710185744.jpg

this is a pic of the helmet without the paint job but with me holding the visor in to get a feel of where i needed to sand more to make it fit.

090710172944.jpg

An this picture is of its current state out in the garage waiting for the silicone to cure all the way. Glue/Epoxy didn't work to hold the visor down all the way so all the other holes and such i filled in with a black silicone i picked up at AutoZone for 6$ and some change.

090810122554.jpg

I also have both forearms done and almost done hardening up the thighs. Just one more round for them!

More to come!

Hey, any chance of NDK pictures? ;) Keep up the great work! (I'll probably be able to throw a quick coat of resin on the AR today, and I'm finishing up the designs/stencils for my Noble Six helm)

Cheers!

Update time!!!

I am working all day today and tonight and also going to be working all day tomorrow, so i know this will be done!!!!

First off here is the link to my NDK 2010 photo album! LINK

Ok so here is the low down:
I have completed the Helmet and added a new paint job (just for you FoolyCoolyMan):
IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

Here is me with another Spartan from the forums (though i forgot to ask your username but if you see this let me know who you are here!):

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

here is me with Lee....though im not sure that is a good thing...his suit looked cool though....

IMG_2653.jpg

and here is me with some pretty nice looking ladies....XD

IMG_2657.jpg

and other than that im rondoing everything up tonight so i can get the bondo on and work with that tomorrow after it has had time to cure!

More to Come!

Update Time!!!

Alright this update is for the MK IV Low res i was doing. you already saw the gloves and forearms but im pretty much done with it and i wore it to Launch night...

I am just letting you know the padding and strapping was jury rigged because of time, so it still needs a lot of work done to it!(that and most of it is broken now cause people at my house are moving my stuff around and not watching were they grab/put it).

Picture time!

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

These pictures are not all of the ones i took that night, if you want to check out more head to MY ALBUM on photobucket.

Please post comments on how it looks!...and yes i know about the thighs...

More to come after my sister is done with her wedding!

honestly aside from the thighs that suit looks really great for low def! you don't even need the boots to pull it off, very well done!

Thanks! I think i used a bit too much rondo on all the pieces though. I wanted it to be sturdy and so i filled them in with rondo until i could not see light from the inside. Therefore it took up space and made it smaller so it was a pretty tight squeeze! but once i make this suit completely functional im working on the high def stuff but im making a little bit larger...XD

Yea for the whole suit as it is in the pictures i went through 6 cans of bondo and a gallon and a half of Resin XD

Freaking amazing man! (I should've stayed a bit longer and actually gotten some pics... sometimes I hate school) BTW: where the hell did those energy swords come from?!!!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back