Somebody Hacked The Costuming Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is just disturbing.

ive looked through the wiki code and cant seem to find anything. If there is anything i can help with just hit me.

I dont have problems with going on infected pages also due i'm on a mac. If there is anything you guys dont wanto do...

I cannot believe that all this can be created over some WoW guild. Seriously, it's a game.

And as Peter said what possible use could a PLASTIC ODST helmet have for security?!

That's not gonna protect your head much, unless the laws of physics have changed.

The real crime here is that these guys are wasting our valuable prop making time and stopping us from doing the hobby we love.

The Mods are not some juvenile children, they are adults with familes, jobs and homes. They don't deserve this junk.

I serously hope this gets sorted out soon because it's just so stupid.

OK so let me get this right...

Some WOW nerds screwed up the wiki because Adam wouldn't make a tut for them. They are also mad because someone here stole a Lamborghini model thing and now they want our Warthog and some other stuff. If we don't comply they will send a motorcycle gang to beat us all up on August 17th. This group is also a private security team who wants to learn to make plastic videogame helmets and guns for use in security work, oh and for one of their 7 year old daughters or something.

guys... ya'll are getting trolled by 14 year olds. I mean for real.

This is getting completley out of hand. Since yesterday we have created 10 whole pages on this. All basically saying the same thing. Either we should leave it to the mods (no one else) to post what they are doing or have done on the matter, or close this thread as it is just getting really ridiculous.

Somebody Hacked The Costuming Wiki! Please come in for Epic Fail stories and giggles all around.

I think this could be a good reason why it's getting so rediculous, the thread title.

Bonus: I've been laughing about it for almost 36 hours now.

P.S. Laughter is the best medicine, and I've been feeling ill from the resin fumes! :D

Somebody Hacked The Costuming Wiki! Please come in for Epic Fail stories and giggles all around.

I think this could be a good reason why it's getting so rediculous, the thread title.

P.S. Laughter is the best medicine, and I've been feeling ill from the resin fumes!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IDK why but for some reason when it comes to resin and bondo I have worked with it all day and never felt sick once even with wearing gloves but no respirator mask, never felt ill from it or lightheaded, wonder why could be b/c I might have already lost my mind and theres no resin fumes to attack.

Regarding this Outlaw character, I myself had dealings with him recently. Nothing major, just a stupid little comment he posted on one of my blueprint YouTube videos; "you look like a spaz seriously".

I checked out his profile afterward, and sure enough it's the same guy everyone here has been talking about.

That whole bit about being enemies of the 405th? And for what? The simple fact Adam didn't make them a Build-Your-Own-Armour tutorial video? Couldn't stop laughing.

Greedy, whiny little b******s is what they are, imho.

It's amazing how some people outside of the hobby are under the impression we have nothing else to do in a day but this.

I'm sure many of us would agree that'd be awesome to be able to devote that much time to our beloved hobby, but the reality of it is we all have lives outside of the 405th; jobs to work, friends and family to see, bills to pay, et cetera. Folks like Adam just don't have the time to do such things.

He's busy enough just trying to keep this place running, with the help of the rest of the Admin/Mod group.

I find it pretty rediculous that this has escalated to the point it has over such a trivial thing. It's sad, really. These people need to get a life outside of the online world.

I agree it's best to close down registration for the time being, and also that everyone refrain from using the Wiki and only exchange Pep files amongst ourselves until this issue has been resolved.

P.S., Also received a message through YouTube from Regretfulflyer (the former "leader" of the CCE), asking me about the tutorial vid I made for the AR. Which, of course, I've made no such vid. These guys really need to get their people/facts straight, lol.

I'm terribly sorry, would the mods like me to change this? I changed it yesterday at a point in the thread where it was getting funny, but it's not so funny anymore. Don't want to call extra attention to anything, or make this worse than it already is.

Looks like we will have a even better 405th because of there actions, aka, a better place for storage of the pdo/pep files. I can tell they aren't that deep into computers. If someone had "stole" a file off of my computer it's just like deleting the file, there are plenty of free delete recovery programs. The files is still there just needs to be recovered. Childish.

Hey everybody,

Ok, im here to clear "halo is gay in the buthole"'s name. It turns out that the person behind the username is one of my buddies from school. He was just joking around and being himself. He didn't meen to start anything here on the forums. Please stop saying he is behind the Wiki hacking. He's done nothing wrong OTHER then his user name. Hes a good guy, and woud never do such a thing.

Also, everybody who jumped to the conclusion of him hacking the wiki and "destroying" it, please say your sorry. Jumping to a conclusion only based on the persons username is a stupid thing to do.

Thanks guys and galls.

Cheers!

HeavyGunner said:
I'm terribly sorry, would the mods like me to change this? I changed it yesterday at a point in the thread where it was getting funny, but it's not so funny anymore. Don't want to call extra attention to anything, or make this worse than it already is.

I respectfully disagree - I think it's still quite funny. :D

Let Adam and those involved on an offical level handle that aspect of it - that leaves the rest of us free to make inappropriately snide comments and repeatedly call into question their intelligence, courage, and mythical alliances with otherwordly toughs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Also, everybody who jumped to the conclusion of him hacking the wiki and "destroying" it, please say your sorry. Jumping to a conclusion only based on the persons username is a stupid thing to do.

Anyone who stumbles into a dedicated fan site with a craptacular, insulting, and downright offensive name deserves whatever comes their way. He wants an apology? He can change his name and apologize to the community for his appalling lack of respect, then perhaps we can talk. On a related topic - moving forward you ought to be VERY careful when throwing words like "stupid" around, especially given the topic being discussed.

No apology here...

I'm pretty sure there BSing there way through because "SOMEHOW Adam pissed them off." There just trying to find a way to get a pep file and "threatening" us since "one of us stole" a Lambo file from THERE computer. There just leeching off of us through BS they just setup cause there idiots for not getting there facts straight one bit..

Ok, so now your "punching me in the head" for defending my friend? Wow...Real nice.

Honestly, how I just read your reply it looked like you were blaming me AND my friend for #1-the hacking of the wiki, and #2-my friends username. Thats a direct insult to me, and my friend. Like, I know you didn't blame him for the wiki, but comming off all like "Im going to just spit in both of their faces and see what happens" makes you sound like, well, pardon my wording, like a major ass.

Although I agree, the username is awfencive, it still gives you, and everybody else here no right to accuse him of commiting a cyber crime. Sure you didn't have to apologize to him before, but now I believe you owe both me, and him one.

Correct me if I took this the wrong way, but I really did think you were trying to be... well, you know.

I just find it funny how they're claims have gotten progressively more ridiculous as time continues.

@Xtreme: Cool down man, What he says is that your friend had it coming when he made an account on a Halo fansite with an insulting username. I don't think anybody directly blamed him for the wiki, and at any other time when this wasn't going on, we still would have been leary of such a username.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Ok, so now your "punching me in the head" for defending my friend? Wow...Real nice.

Honestly, how I just read your reply it looked like you were blaming me AND my friend for #1-the hacking of the wiki, and #2-my friends username. Thats a direct insult to me, and my friend. Like, I know you didn't blame him for the wiki, but comming off all like "Im going to just spit in both of their faces and see what happens" makes you sound like, well, pardon my wording, like a major ass.

Although I agree, the username is awfencive, it still gives you, and everybody else here no right to accuse him of commiting a cyber crime. Sure you didn't have to apologize to him, but now I believe you owe both me, and him one.

Believe me - if I ever "punch you in the head" as you so inaccurately stated, you'll know it...

Go back and read my post again - slower this time (even the big words) - and you'll see that there is nothing at all in it referencing the Wiki attack. You were the one who started throwing the insults around so get your own house in order before commenting on mine. You want to defend someone who chose a name specifically designed to be offensive and insulting, hey - that's you business. I don't buy it...

Feel free to come collect your apology at your earliest convenience. ;)

If you ever literally punch me in the face, I will bring it to the cops and you will be arrested for assault ;).

Anyway, on a more serious note, sorry I took your reply the wrong way. I did read the post very carfuly, but how I read it, it really looked like you were well...yea.

Now your turn :cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back