SWTOR Republic Trooper Build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody I am back with my latest attempt at prop making,this time I am going after making a SWTOR Republic Trooper:
newtrailer_trooper.jpg

So after buying Rundowns files for the trooper, I decided to do the helmet first:
SANY1310.jpg

SANY1311.jpg

Anyway planning on getting this done by the time planet con rolls around this year.Hope to have another update wednsday night.Any Qs or critism are welcome.

Sorry fo the double post but I got the gauntlets done today:
Photo0496.jpg

And here I am trying it on with the handplates.
Photo0492.jpg

Can't believe this project is coming along so nicely.Anyway all I got left to build is the chest,cod,thighs,and the shoes.Then I got to all the resin/bondo/paint stuff.Im hoping the weather stays nice so I can start resining some time this week.Hope to have another update soon :D

Wow! looks great man, mind taking some shots of the legs from different angles? id like to see what they look like once pepped :)

Shouldn't this be on the 501st website? Haha! JK!
Seriously though, thats some hella fine cardboard work. There's no way I'd have the patience for that kind of cardboard detail. Keep up the good work!

Alright,know that I got all the mass effect 3/planet con done with its time for UPDATES!!!
Photo0602.jpg

Photo0603.jpg

Chest is almost done.Hoping to get the rest of it done and start on the belt soon.

BTW if you are a fan of SWTOR,or just sci fi in general.Please consider liking my fanfilm page in my signature.Thank you. C:

ZOMG this is amazing work! And what a build to tackle, I am keeping a watch on this for sure, keep it up I want to see the end product.

UPDATE:

Finished the chest finally,among other things.
Photo0607.jpg

A close up of it.
Photo0608.jpg

Added a little bit more detail to the helmet.
Photo0609.jpg

Resined a few Peices.
Photo0610.jpg

As a side project I started on making a Thermal Detonater.So I took one of those little round bottles they sell coke in around the holidays,and filled it with expanding foam.
Photo0604.jpg

^Just filled.
Photo0605.jpg

^Hour later.
Photo0611.jpg

^The next day.Next thing im going to do with it is make it more round with bondo,but ill save that for another day.And just for giggles,I had my armor just lying on my table and notice how epic it looked in the afternoon glow.Enjoy.
Photo0614.jpg

Photo0617.jpg

Looking good man! Like the idea for the thermal det.

Way of the Force, one must know;
If cardboard, they are to master;

Cereal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back