*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what dimensions do you guys usually use when pepping a helmet? I am having a hard time figuring out a good size. Right when I thought I had a good size for my head, the opening on the bottom is too small for me to fit my head through.

if that's the case, simply print out a larger helmet. Try using some of the scaling tutorials to help you on your way, and if that doesn't work for you, just use trial and error i guess... remember, make the helmet more than a bit bigger than your head, because you'll be doing stuff like adding foam, fiberglassing, etc.

well... remember, gotta keep room for the foam :) and then... if you wanna get REALLY technical, add fans, exhaust ports, LEDS, need to have the wiring, so you have to make room for that, etc, etc. :) all depends on what you wanna do with it.

I don't think it's been made yet. My advice: Don't badger the modelers. Be patient, and it will be made in it's due time. Patience truly is a virtue, especially when it comes to this. I believe trooper114 said that (or, at least, something along those lines) originally, a page or two back, and I'm going to adopt it for this reply because it is perhaps the most simple to understand, yet concise explanation that would probably take a bit of talking about otherwise, to get the point across. So, to sum it up, check the first 3 pages, at least. Or, what I do when I search for something, click on "search thread" which is at the top of a thread right next to thread options. If it's not there, search the entire forum using the search engine provided. If you still can't find it, then you either know to wait, or take a chance and ask about it, as stuff isn't always properly named around here, e.g. The commando helmet is simply known as "Carter's helmet" hope I helped

im awefuly sorry if this is an old topic, bu i cant find an recent files on the halo costuming wiki, and my skills with a computer are so low i wouldnt know how to put these up myself. is there a reason they arent there, or is it simply because it is easier to come here instead?

I heard only "the best" files can be put up on the wiki. Which is a issue, because i have a heard time try to figure out which to use, let alone determine the best.

Hey 405th

I'm looking for a HAZOP helmet file for Pepakura and I haven't been able to find one. Can someone help me out? Is there one already or do I have to make my own?

Thanks in advance, merry Christmas everyone

Bro I´ve downloaded the Hazop Helmet from the 3D modeling section, its already finished, go check it out there, i believe it was a thread called by the name of the helmet. Cheers

I heard only "the best" files can be put up on the wiki. Which is a issue, because i have a heard time try to figure out which to use, let alone determine the best.

Really? Ohh, well, but we all know there are plenty of great files here, thanks to the amazing modelers which work on them and share their work with all the community; I think lots of files deserve to be on that wiki

I see what you guys are saying about sizing the helmet. I found a size that works for getting my head into the helmet, but according to the dimensions it is going to be bigger than my motorcycle helmet. I don't want to look like a bobble head. Oh, I did some testing with rondo and the smell is absolutely terrible. Does that stink ever go away or can it be hidden with other materials? Are there any tutorials for fans and LEDs for helmets that you guys recommend?

That is true. The wiki was meant to be the 405th's pep files showcase. Back in those days, it was very easy to see which models and unfolds were the "best." But now, with so many model variations, modelers and unfolders, determining which ones to put on the wiki is going to be difficult to figure out.

Really? Ohh, well, but we all know there are plenty of great files here, thanks to the amazing modelers which work on them and share their work with all the community; I think lots of files deserve to be on that wiki
Yes but like what Trooper114 said, determining which ones to put is going to be tricky. After all, we can only put so many unfolds on the page.

Oh, I did some testing with rondo and the smell is absolutely terrible. Does that stink ever go away or can it be hidden with other materials?
If you put enough hardener, the swell will go away. You might want to post this question in the Help! thread in the Noob section and not here.

Are there any tutorials for fans and LEDs for helmets that you guys recommend?
Yes. Go to the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor forum. There's a sticky there for this. Again, this is not related to the thread topic so make sure that you post your questions in the appropriate thread.

EDIT: the LED and helmet fan tutorials stickies are in the Creation Discussion forum.

@Ral Partha
Maybe we can allow everyone to vote on the best armour to determine which goes on the wiki. We could break it into armour sections like best torso piece, best shins, best forearms, etc.

hey guy thanks for telling me where the mrk v (A) helmet was and i found a jetpack too and its finished and unfolded.

now all i need is the unfolded shotgun can anyone help me with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back