*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am sorry for what i said earlier. but i am like someone above me said, new here. I had no idea that there was more than what was provided on the first page. i come back here every so often just to take a look at what great things people make. i made this account so that I could ask for help when i need it. but that wont be for a while

I am however entitled to my opinion, and from what i saw on the OP's list, the quality of the reach stuff (from the first page, i didnt know there was more) was significantly "lacking" compared to all of the previous stuff. i do know that there was a method of ripping models from the games with previous games, and i dont know if there is one for reach yet.

my reasoning for saying that the people who made them "should have just not uploaded them" is because i have high standards. even for myself. you see for most of my life i have been making replicas from games out of nothing but cardboard and hot glue. it used to be, whatever i got done was good enough. then after seeing how inacurate my creations were i quickly started to try my hardest to make them exact. now if i dont make something almost dead on accurate, i literally destroy it. mainly because seeing its imperfections discourage me from trying again.

I even had a near complete suit of ODST armor from halo 3 ODST and. well, it is very inaccurate so i will most likely burn it (wood stove is really close by and it is winter).

anyways, like i said, i am new here. i intend on coming back often, and i am incredibly sorry for causing strife in my previous post.

please forgive me as i dont want to come back here only to be treated as "the ungrateful" person that i was previously called.

can someone link me to whatever everyone uses to 3D model? i have done some in the past for Halo Custom Edition. even if i dont have the materials to start this stuff i would at least like to get good at modeling before i start.

@Forerunnr

There are many different 3d Modeling programs available, from the free ones (Blender, SketchUp) to some that cost thousands of dollars (3dsMax, Maya). There are a few threads that show tutorials on 3d Modeling, but I think the best free program would be Blender. http://www.blender.org/

i am sorry for what i said earlier. but i am like someone above me said, new here. I had no idea that there was more than what was provided on the first page. i come back here every so often just to take a look at what great things people make. i made this account so that I could ask for help when i need it. but that wont be for a while

I am however entitled to my opinion, and from what i saw on the OP's list, the quality of the reach stuff (from the first page, i didnt know there was more) was significantly "lacking" compared to all of the previous stuff. i do know that there was a method of ripping models from the games with previous games, and i dont know if there is one for reach yet.

my reasoning for saying that the people who made them "should have just not uploaded them" is because i have high standards. even for myself. you see for most of my life i have been making replicas from games out of nothing but cardboard and hot glue. it used to be, whatever i got done was good enough. then after seeing how inacurate my creations were i quickly started to try my hardest to make them exact. now if i dont make something almost dead on accurate, i literally destroy it. mainly because seeing its imperfections discourage me from trying again.

I even had a near complete suit of ODST armor from halo 3 ODST and. well, it is very inaccurate so i will most likely burn it (wood stove is really close by and it is winter).

anyways, like i said, i am new here. i intend on coming back often, and i am incredibly sorry for causing strife in my previous post.

please forgive me as i dont want to come back here only to be treated as "the ungrateful" person that i was previously called.

While your original post may have been a little harsh, it's obvious you had no intent of offending anyone. Getting to know the people and layout of a forum community takes time, and you're bound to make a few mistakes. Everyone does. :D No one wants to scare you off, or make you feel like a jerk when you're not. Welcome to the 405th!

can someone link me to whatever everyone uses to 3D model?

If you're familiar with 3d programs, Blender is great (and free) from what I've heard. http://www.blender.org/
Some of our best modelers use 3ds Max, a much more professional, (and expensive) software.

Forerunner, you can use blender if you have some 3d modeling experience. However, I've heard that it's very difficult to move from a program like 3ds Max to blender. I've had a year or two worth of experience with 3ds max, and when I looked at blender, i was dumbfounded. Blender, however, is a great program. So, I would recomend going with blender. There's also tons of free sources on how to properly use blender, such as the wikibook or blender forums. Theres entire sites dedicated to teaching it, so with a little bit of perserverence, you should be able to learn it :)

can someone link me to whatever everyone uses to 3D model? i have done some in the past for Halo Custom Edition. even if i dont have the materials to start this stuff i would at least like to get good at modeling before i start.

That's better. I've got no problems with people trying themselves, but complaining about the quality of freebies really gets my blood boiling. Once you've gotten your hands dirty with some 3D work yourself, you can have a better appreciation for how tough it can be to create high-quality files and I'll guarantee, after a few failed attempts you'll have far more respect for the others out there submitting their work.

Blender is a really good beginner-level 3D modelling program with an intuitive interface and it's designed with speed in mind. Just make sure you've got your Python scripts all up to date when you install, otherwise exporting .OBJ files will be a bit of a pain for you. Other than that, the best thing I can suggest is to make a little note to stick on your screen of all the hotkeys, since they'll take a little getting used to (CTRL+W replaces CTRL+S to save your progress, while CTRL+S now scales your model up/down).

Good luck, and happy modelling!

Halo Reach Thighs (Male) by SJSUSPARTAN (a.k.a. Spartan-029)

I'm aware that there is a problem with the thigh models made by SJSUSPARTAN and I hope he doesn't mind but I have gone ahead and did some editing to fix it. The links are still the same as the ones on the 1st page but here they are again if anyone is interested.

Left Thigh

Right Thigh

Tehe, newbish question:
Has anyone unfolded kats thighs (sounds horribly dirty but not intended that way) or her chestplate? I've noticed alot of the female armor on the first page hasn't been so i was just wondering if anyone knew.

Tehe, newbish question:
Has anyone unfolded kats thighs (sounds horribly dirty but not intended that way) or her chestplate? I've noticed alot of the female armor on the first page hasn't been so i was just wondering if anyone knew.
I unfolded Rhinoc's female chest a while back, theres even a link to the download buried somewhere deep in the bowels of this thread. As for thighs, I'm not sure, I'll have to check.

Does anyone have a pepakura file for the armor attatchments? (sprint, armor lock, etc.) cause I looked around in here but I couldnt find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back