thinking about starting over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barge is the best contact cement you can easily buy most places. DAP or LePage are okay second choices for brands.

It's generally not an issue with brands being bad but mixing of paint types chemically not working well together. Pick something, follow the application instructions for recoating times and everything usually works out fine.

Rustoleum is a good middle of the road spray paint option and FolkArt are fairly reliable brush on paints that come in small bottles.
can i use acrylic paint on rustoleum

can i use acrylic paint on rustoleum
Check the paint friendliness guide Fallen posted earlier. Also Rustoleum is a brand, not a type of paint so that's like asking "can I use Band-Aid with wound?". Technically yes but we need to know more about the wound and how big of a Band-Aid dressing we're going to need.

Check the paint friendliness guide Fallen posted earlier. Also Rustoleum is a brand, not a type of paint so that's like asking "can I use Band-Aid with wound?". Technically yes but we need to know more about the wound and how big of a Band-Aid dressing we're going to need.
what type is rustdom

Mechace13 I think you're thinking too far ahead. Pre-planning isn't bad, but I feel it'd be best if you focus on building the armour first, then come back to paints when that is all done. It seems you're putting your armour off until you can have absolutely everything organised, but you can do a bit of future-stage planning whilst your building too. Plus, products change and new techniques are founded all the time so what you plan now could well change in the future.

I suggest doing as much as you can with the knowledge you have gained, and if there's something you get stuck on and can't figure it out by yourself, then we'll be able to help. We encourage helping each other but we also encourage innovative thinking!

image.jpg

i've been thinking about getting some fabric to line inside thoughts

Mechace13 I am going to be very Blunt here for a moment, the vast majority of your posts are coming across very poorly and very unpolite. A lot of members have gone out of their way to help you, answer questions, and offer advice, and you have yet to Thank a single other members, only make more posts that honestly read like demands, not questions.

The 405th is a Community, not a Search Engine. We are also a Text Based medium, all other members have to go on is what you type and how you word it. This is not the Discord, where the immediacy of responses might lend itself to brevity nor Google where an answer just comes out automated. Behind every avatar here is another passionate Fan, who has their own life going on, who is generously taking time out of their day to respond to you. Some better internet-etiquette, politeness, and some respect might ensure you continue to get the advice and assistance you are seeking.

i want to know if there are any things i can cut eva foam with i was thinking about trying a wood burning tool

i want to know if there are any things i can cut eva foam with i was thinking about trying a wood burning tool

There is a pretty good guide about all things foam here on the forums:

I'd suggest giving that a read through

Mechace13 you're going to want to be sharpening your blades much more frequently than you are. Some of the jagged edges that are appearing on your foam will lead to headaches down the line when you're gluing pieces together. If you can either change your blade more frequently or use a knife sharpener you'll get much more consistent results and it'll save you time in the more difficult parts.

does anyone know if a wood burning tool can used on eva foam
I've seen it done, so I'd say yes. But also haven't done so personally. Closest has been using a soldering iron to add details. Wear a respirator if you choose to do so; don't want to mess with your lungs and fumes.

Make sure you are careful with the side pieces. They should be symmetrical, and they also need to support the top. If something is frustrating, go ahead and redo, or try and work with it if possible. I threw away a few pieces out of irritation, and almost didn't finish because of it.

rustoleum is that the only kind of spray paint i should use or does anyone have other thoughts on the paint
I only ever used Rust-Oleum Spray Paint on my bucket, and it works just fine. Go ahead and try it if you want, but it's like PlanetAlexander said, maybe finish the armor, get the seams filled, and the edges evened before you worry too much about it. But still, thinking ahead is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back