thinking about starting over

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i made to lefts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
One option is to use fans to keep moisture in the helmet low and provide enough circulation. Another option is to put in some foam or something to redirect your breath away from the visor. That won't completely prevent the visor fogging up, but it fogs up a lot less.

A combination of fans and putting Rain-X Anti-Fog on the interior of my visors has worked fairly well for me. Same as Coreforge said it doesn't completely stop the visor from fogging, but it's less of an issue.

Another common trick is to put some "Jaws Quick Spit Antifog" on the visor. Not sure about Rain-X, but Jaws is listed for plastic

ok the halloween party got moved to video meeting over in person so i'm going to be working on mk2 of my odst and not getting the plans off youtube. i'm getting the heroes workshop armor files and has anyone made it and has pic i can use as a reference.
ps as anyone forgot to put parts on their armor cause i may have forgot to put them on my helmet. i'm going to put them on after my off work Saturday 10/9/2021

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844.2 KB · Views: 128
ok this is something i've been thinking about for next year. would buying that air soft odst armor be cheating i would paint it

ok this is something i've been thinking about for next year. would buying that air soft odst armor be cheating i would paint it

im not planing on playing the sports its just to use the armor as cosplay
this is the armor i was thinking about

Not to overstep, but basically the forum admin here won't talk about anything that's airsoft related. Admin just posts that thing about not using armor for airsoft and hopes you will drop it.

As nearly as I can tell, you're basically asking if it's ok to buy the kit and paint it/ do decals, weathering, etc. That would be perfectly fine, so long as you never talk about it with regards to airsoft.

We have a lot of people who build from kits here on the forum and occasionally you will see people refinishing purchased props and whatnot.

There's no rule that says you have to build everything from scratch.

Not to overstep, but basically the forum admin here won't talk about anything that's airsoft related. Admin just posts that thing about not using armor for airsoft and hopes you will drop it.

As nearly as I can tell, you're basically asking if it's ok to buy the kit and paint it/ do decals, weathering, etc. That would be perfectly fine, so long as you never talk about it with regards to airsoft.

We have a lot of people who build from kits here on the forum and occasionally you will see people refinishing purchased props and whatnot.

There's no rule that says you have to build everything from scratch.
ok then kits are ok thats all i wanted to now

my first armor is nearly done but the pics of the lower leg parts were weak so i got some foam sheets and put them on the back

Attachments

• 42FDF157-8322-45AA-A724-3A8C9983360A.jpeg
    42FDF157-8322-45AA-A724-3A8C9983360A.jpeg
    932.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 86F4814C-2AD7-4FE2-8102-BAB9EB8F44A8.jpeg
    86F4814C-2AD7-4FE2-8102-BAB9EB8F44A8.jpeg
    874.6 KB · Views: 118
A few things you also need to work on....
1) get a metal ruler, your lines will improve greatly when using a ruler as a guide when cutting the foam.
2) keep your blade sharp. That will prevent the foam from tearing. It will give you a smoother and cleaner edge. Get a blade sharpener from Home Depot, Amazon....where ever.
3) #1 and #2 will improve with time and more experience. You are doing great, just keep going. You will see the difference between your very first piece against your most current piece....It will amaze you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back