Trooper114's Custom Reach Build WIP

New or Used?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help, i am going to try a experiment later, to see if it works or not and also to see if spary paint has any effect on a raw foam piece, i have heard that is eats the foam and/or starts flaking off.

looks really good so far :D For your question about gaping, i've never done a foam build, but maybe you could experiment with using a foam wedge to make your edges (like so)
wedge-concept.jpg

as opposed to
wedge-countercept.jpg

Idk... might work, might not. like i said, i've never worked with foam... just an idea :)

Attachments

• wedge-concept.jpg
    wedge-concept.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 120
  • wedge-countercept.jpg
    wedge-countercept.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 121
Good idea, but it would take alot of measuring, trial and error, and tools i don't have in order to make the wedges good. This is why i want to use caulking, it would fill in the gap, i could take off the extra with out buring my finger, opessed to glue, which hurts like mother------. Since this material is in a gell state, it can be easlly made into a flat sufrace, with a swipe of a scalpel ;)

ive been using the fill cracks with glue, than spread over it to make it smooths before it dries. (like scrap foam, etc.)

btw, i tested a piece of scrap foam with normal spray paint, and one with plasti-dip

overall the foam didnt eat it, this was just black so im not entirely sure.

what about making folds like the boot toes I made. ?

I think i get what you did, did you cut a portion from the back of the piece, so there would be room to make the fold?

ive been using the fill cracks with glue, than spread over it to make it smooths before it dries. (like scrap foam, etc.)

btw, i tested a piece of scrap foam with normal spray paint, and one with plasti-dip

overall the foam didnt eat it, this was just black so im not entirely sure.

Thanks for letting me know.

Sup man im back, also i am an expert a Nerf gun modification, and i have done very similar things, so if you have a problem you could PM me. Also I recomend UIN13's minimized N-strike clip so it wont poke out the bottom.

Yep, To get the large fold in the Front, I cut what looked like an "M" with the top portion of the "M" facing the outside just shallow of the surface. IT gave me a perfect curved fold. Heres a pic if it helps.

12202010008.jpg

12202010009.jpg

12202010007.jpg

After a few mishaps with my thigh, I'm now thinking of redoing my thigh piece again, and incorperating this to them.

Hope this helps ya Trooper.

Attachments

• 12202010007.jpg
    12202010007.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 12202010009.jpg
    12202010009.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 12202010008.jpg
    12202010008.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 94
Yep, To get the large fold in the Front, I cut what looked like an "M" with the top portion of the "M" facing the outside just shallow of the surface. IT gave me a perfect curved fold. Heres a pic if it helps.

12202010008.jpg

12202010009.jpg

12202010007.jpg

After a few mishaps with my thigh, I'm now thinking of redoing my thigh piece again, and incorperating this to them.

Hope this helps ya Trooper.

Thanks for the help Jester.

Attachments

• 12202010009.jpg
    12202010009.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 12202010007.jpg
    12202010007.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 12202010008.jpg
    12202010008.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 100
Looking sweet. Cant wait to see the shotty. I LOVE Halo Reach's EOD and te colar breacher. Cant wait to see it. 2 thumbs up. IM followin this thread for sure

Trooper I came up with a great magnet set-up check my build. The Magnets I'm using can hold 1 lb a piece and I got 50 to a pack for 12.99 at my local Hobby Town USA. This may work for your back section and to hold your grenadier collar, that way you could remove it and still be in costume, give your costume option slots if you think about it.

*Click* I got it! What i will do is make the base armor, then use those magnets for removable chest, forearm, and shoulder attachments. I just need to adopt a color scheme. :D This way i wont have to go back and make a entire new suit for minor changes. Then i can also make different helmets for the suit as well. And as for the collar, im using the Breacher, but later on when a file comes availble as a attachment i want to do the Grenedier collar.

Just do the colar from the Jorge Torso file. Me; I want the HP/ Halo armor add-on. the one with the extra Clip add-ons
That's prety much the idea of my suit, with attachments!

My suit was just gonna be the base, and then I would have a an armory of parts, like different helmets. They would all be in the same color scheme, but alot of you noticed noble teams armour colors cant be done in matchmaking. Kind of like how you can make your armour identical to Carter's, but he has a grey wrist thing, even though his primary is blue, and it has a blue stripe, or how Emile's is basically all black, but the security shoulder is red, and he has some red stripes. I was also going to put addons on both wrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back