Trooper114's Custom Reach Build WIP

New or Used?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been thinking about doing the same thing with the magnets, jester :D i found a set of 4 magnets that hold up 12 pounds each for rellatively the same price. have to admit though, didnt occur to me to make modular attachments :) i was going to do pouches, but not entire armor pieces. thats genius :D trooper, since u doin a shotty build, why not incorporate emiles attachment onto a shoulder? more pics!

Well, the armory is all about attachments and modifcations. I just figured it would be cool to do that, and make all of the attachments. Instead of having one suit, you've got dozens! At least thats how I think about it.

I do have 2 magnets from my wife's work that actually picked up one of my 10lb weights. Thinking about using them on my torso for the shoulder connections.

I was thinking about using magnets to hold my props (like a magnum and ar) like in the real game, but that might be kind of costly to get GOOD magnets. Also, hows the shotty doin?

Im usin magnets for helmet attachments, chest attachments, all the different places the knife sheath attaches, wrist attachments, armor ability, shoulders, pretty much everything but the kneeguards (velcro)

Here this is what I mean, This knife weighs 9 oz's, The magnets aren't even touching the knife.
182011019.jpg

I put an inset inbetween the magnets, so that when I walk around, the inset will have apiece that will in a way "Lock" the item in place, Just have to make sure I add the outset piece to said Item.
182011015.jpg

Just something to pass to ya Trooper.

Attachments

• 182011019.jpg
    182011019.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 182011015.jpg
    182011015.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 98
Yeah, i was thinkin the same thing, a peg that goes in to keep it from rotating, or bar magnets that cant rotate.

Again Trooper, I'm not trying to take the spot light off your build. Just trying to keep ya from getting a headache like I did.

I was thinking about using magnets to hold my props (like a magnum and ar) like in the real game, but that might be kind of costly to get GOOD magnets. Also, hows the shotty doin?

Unfortunatly, i have not had time to work on it since school started up again, the only time i have time to myself is on the weekends, at night and even then i end up getting tied up with something else :( but i am eyeing a piece of pvc in the backyard ;)

Again Trooper, I'm not trying to take the spot light off your build. Just trying to keep ya from getting a headache like I did.

HOW DARE YOU!!! XD Please by all means, if its something to help my build and possibly others go for it. i had something similar in mind for the thigh piece, maybe doing the same for the weapons, cutting out a slot for the magnets on the side on the pistol or whatever, same for the back. Thanks to school updates are going to be abit less frequent anyway, and this kind of thing helps get the gears going.

yeah building can get stressful at points

You sir, have a very good point. I have only had very slight progress on the chest piece by starting to add the back.

Unfortunatly, i have not had time to work on it since school started up again, the only time i have time to myself is on the weekends, at night and even then i end up getting tied up with something else :( but i am eyeing a piece of pvc in the backyard ;)

HOW DARE YOU!!! XD Please by all means, if its something to help my build and possibly others go for it. i had something similar in mind for the thigh piece, maybe doing the same for the weapons, cutting out a slot for the magnets on the side on the pistol or whatever, same for the back. Thanks to school updates are going to be abit less frequent anyway, and this kind of thing helps get the gears going.

You sir, have a very good point. I have only had very slight progress on the chest piece by starting to add the back.
well my life is VERY similar. Schhol ftw. but when you get a chance-work on it. I rwally want to see the shawty ahem but keep workin.
an @jester my magnets are like similar and its to hold my lame magnum which ill make a new one

I found out scratchbuildin a robo-arm is easier than the gawd-awful pepakura for the arm armor. you just need a good design. At this rate i might use two.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool

Got some work done on the chest piece. The new technique i am using is working amazingly.

front.jpg

back.jpg

I also got some major progress with my shotgun. 85% percent done!!! Just need to add the front part, and a few more details all around the weapon. I fell very good about what i have done so far. :)

swip.jpg

swip2.jpg

swip3.jpg

swip4.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

swip.jpg

swip2.jpg

swip3.jpg

swip4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work on the pump man. Now you just need the barrel cover, and some kind of endcap for the barrel, also, i think the barrel on the shotty is under the tube, which is on top, also, you could remove the rail on the grey piece. That way the barrel cover could cover the whole thing sliding back, so you only see the pump move, also, when its back the jam door could be visible through a hole in the cover.
Ill just post a desighn pic or somethin, thats pretty complicated.

Sounds commplicated, and i know, i noticed that the acctuall barrel is the middle, but i can't really do that, so i did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back