Ultimate Airsoft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have a question. I just got my gun back from the store today from downgrading the spring. I needed it to go below 380 fps so I got an M113 spring for it. However, right after the new spring was installed, I had the gun chronoed at 376 average BUT there were a few shots that actually went 381 to 383. Is there anyway to weaken the spring a little more to wear it down so that it won't go above 380?

Hey, I've got a really quick question/request to all the American airsofters in here:

Does anyone here have a Masada CQB Barrel set for the A&K Masada? It's driving me NUTS!!!! The standard length on the Masada isn't bad, but it's much more manageable for me with a CQB barrel since I stand at 5'8.

On the other hand, if anyone's got the G&P Masada (which is the A&K Masada but with the CQB barrel already installed) and wants to trade for a standard length barrel type, let me know.

Driving me nuts, but the Masada's so beautiful!!!

Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. Anyone in here own any GBBR's?

SpArtan-270 said:
Hey I have a question. I just got my gun back from the store today from downgrading the spring. I needed it to go below 380 fps so I got an M113 spring for it. However, right after the new spring was installed, I had the gun chronoed at 376 average BUT there were a few shots that actually went 381 to 383. Is there anyway to weaken the spring a little more to wear it down so that it won't go above 380?

You have to give the spring time to wear in, once it does the power will drop down. I have an m 100 in my m16 which was chronoed at 375 when first fitted but is now at 310. Also the site should take more than one reading so if one or two are only over by a couple of fps it shouldnt matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
jareyes said:
Hey, I've got a really quick question/request to all the American airsofters in here:

Does anyone here have a Masada CQB Barrel set for the A&K Masada? It's driving me NUTS!!!! The standard length on the Masada isn't bad, but it's much more manageable for me with a CQB barrel since I stand at 5'8.

On the other hand, if anyone's got the G&P Masada (which is the A&K Masada but with the CQB barrel already installed) and wants to trade for a standard length barrel type, let me know.

Driving me nuts, but the Masada's so beautiful!!!

Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. Anyone in here own any GBBR's?

Oh, I hate you! :p

Where did you get it from, ASC?

LastSpartan said:
Oh, I hate you! :p

Where did you get it from, ASC?

Haha hey!

Yeah man, I did. I'm in the midst of trading with Cottoni for the ones he's getting soon, told me they haven't come in yet though. No one wanted to buy my SOPMOD =( haha so Cottoni agreed to trade at first for a WE SCAR, but I bought one myself locally. Realized I needed an AEG to run for colder days so I figured the Masada is the closest in terms of size, shape and function to the SCAR (and I didn't want a SCAR AEG, blegh).

You should get one when Cottoni gets more in!!

I've got the same username on ASC too btw, in case you want to look it up for some reason. I don't post much though, at first I was afraid of getting flamed by Pusangani haha. Met him in real life though and see him like once a week, nice guy actually. And to be fair, the noobs he flames are really asking for it haha.

EDIT: MY BAD. haha I didn't realize you weren't AV'ed yet, soon my friend, soon. Have you had a chance to make it out to any games yet?

Hey I've got a question- So I want to get a reflex sight for my AR, but I can't decide between a red dot and a holosight. I like the pricetag of the red dot, but the lack of paralax of the holo. Anyone have any experience here?

iSUPERNOOB said:
Hey I've got a question- So I want to get a reflex sight for my AR, but I can't decide between a red dot and a holosight. I like the pricetag of the red dot, but the lack of paralax of the holo. Anyone have any experience here?

To be honest, I like the holosight a little bit better (assuming you mean the EoTech type sights) over the red dot types (assuming you mean the Aimpoint type sights). I started out with an Aimpoint M3 replica and it was great, but the field of view is very small. On the other hand, the holosight has a bigger reticule so it's harder to see smaller objects, but the overall field of view with the holosight is better.

In short, personally I'd prefer the holosight since it allows you to see more peripherally while still looking through your reticule. Also, if you WANT to narrow the field of view and focus on something in the distance, you can dish out a little more for a 3x or 4x magnifier to co-witness with the EoTech :).

jareyes said:
Haha hey!

Yeah man, I did. I'm in the midst of trading with Cottoni for the ones he's getting soon, told me they haven't come in yet though. No one wanted to buy my SOPMOD =( haha so Cottoni agreed to trade at first for a WE SCAR, but I bought one myself locally. Realized I needed an AEG to run for colder days so I figured the Masada is the closest in terms of size, shape and function to the SCAR (and I didn't want a SCAR AEG, blegh).

You should get one when Cottoni gets more in!!

I've got the same username on ASC too btw, in case you want to look it up for some reason. I don't post much though, at first I was afraid of getting flamed by Pusangani haha. Met him in real life though and see him like once a week, nice guy actually. And to be fair, the noobs he flames are really asking for it haha.

EDIT: MY BAD. haha I didn't realize you weren't AV'ed yet, soon my friend, soon. Have you had a chance to make it out to any games yet?

I may go to a game in Ontario in May/June, I'll keep you informed ;)

This is My opinion and not that of Ultimate Airsoft .... Ok this thread is getting real boring. If you buy a Two tone, Either one that is made as two tone .

jareyes said:
To be honest, I like the holosight a little bit better (assuming you mean the EoTech type sights) over the red dot types (assuming you mean the Aimpoint type sights). I started out with an Aimpoint M3 replica and it was great, but the field of view is very small. On the other hand, the holosight has a bigger reticule so it's harder to see smaller objects, but the overall field of view with the holosight is better.

In short, personally I'd prefer the holosight since it allows you to see more peripherally while still looking through your reticule. Also, if you WANT to narrow the field of view and focus on something in the distance, you can dish out a little more for a 3x or 4x magnifier to co-witness with the EoTech :) .

Ok, thats more what I was leaning towards. When you say EOTech, are you talking about the replicas? Because I don't really feel like dishing out more than my gun is worth on my sight.

iSUPERNOOB said:
Ok, thats more what I was leaning towards. When you say EOTech, are you talking about the replicas? Because I don't really feel like dishing out more than my gun is worth on my sight.

I think he was speaking about a holographic sight with a BDC sight and possibly a magnifier.

If you want to buy the real thing, that is made to keep its zero with recoil, have no reflection, be parallax fixed and small caliber resistant glass, then it's up to you.

Or buy a decent replica, and add a magnifier on a flip-to-the-side mount.

LastSpartan said:
I think he was speaking about a holographic sight with a BDC sight and possibly a magnifier.

If you want to buy the real thing, that is made to keep its zero with recoil, have no reflection, be parallax fixed and small caliber resistant glass, then it's up to you.

Or buy a decent replica, and add a magnifier on a flip-to-the-side mount.

well, its airsoft, so recoil doesn't really matter all that much, and I don't care to much for magnification seeing that I'm mostly CQB, but are the EOTech replicas parallax fixed? That's what's driving me towards HOLOs more than red-dots.

Those who are are just more expensive than those who aren't :p

I remember seeing one parallax fixed for around 120ish I believe.

Mine was 40$.

Give you an idea ;)

Again, it's airsoft. You don't really need to "aim". You point and shoot and adjust with your BB trajectory.

Just a warning, although I"m sure you're not going to do it. (You being anyone) Real EOTech lenses do break in airsoft use. I recommend whoever is using the replicas and the real one to get a protector for it. (They have em, but good luck finding em, or just make your own)

Spartan117x said:
Just a warning, although I"m sure you're not going to do it. (You being anyone) Real EOTech lenses do break in airsoft use. I recommend whoever is using the replicas and the real one to get a protector for it. (They have em, but good luck finding em, or just make your own)

... and yet they're used in real war huh? lol. +1 for military intelligence. :)

Spartan117x said:

Well it's 40$. It breaks, I'll buy another.

To all of the above comments:

I heard real EOTechs had a lifetime warranty on it or something? Which would go a long way to explain the hefty hefty price (just about the same price of a GBBR in Canada).

Also, the parallax correction on EOTechs will vary a lot. Of course I'm talking about replicas though, the real ones have got all the features you're talking about but they carry an appropriate price. Your best bet would probably be just to dish out some money for a replica one. LastSpartan is right, I have one with the BDC reticule and magnifier and it's pretty good, $160 for the set.

Bare in mind though that I have the EOTech on my GBBR (which does have recoil) and to that point, it has enough recoil that it disrupts the centre of the reticule, I would only use a replica EOTech sight on an AEG, nothing gas. If you want an EOTech on a recoil gun, get a really high quality replica or play it completely safe and dish out for a real EOTech.

And to the point of the ppl that posted above, it is just airsoft so it doesn't have to be perfect. My EOTech has a little ghosting (that is, it's not perfectly parallax corrected) but I can only really tell when it's dark and when I'm looking through the magnifier; otherwise it's more than good enough for airsoft.

Good luck with your decision!

Don't forget to factor in weight which seems like a small thing at first, but the weight of accessories adds up really quickly. RDS weighs less than a holosight.

Spartan117x said:

Found it! http://rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2428

RSOV is also a great place to do buisness with. I've used them on a number of occasions.

Hey Jareyes, where'd you get the masada? i found the G&P one, but i dont like that version. And does anyone know where i can find a tan red sot sight?

Aaron said:
Hey Jareyes, where'd you get the masada? i found the G&P one, but i dont like that version. And does anyone know where i can find a tan red sot sight?

=O!!!!!

You DON'T like the G&P ONE?!?!?! aguhhhhghhguhghuh I would trade you in a second if airsoft were easier to get into Canada. The G&P's got upgraded internals, the shortened barrel and basically everything I want for that gun, damn you.

Anyway, I was actually on a Canadian airsoft forum trying to sell my TM M4 SOPMOD when a guy there offered to trade me for his Masada. I don't really know where he got it from, but he wanted to trade and I was sick of the SOPMOD, none of the upgrades I had fit it and I was definitely not going to dish out for new mags, new batteries AND new externals/internals; that's just crazy. If you do pick up the G&P though I'd be willing to trade barrels with you ;).

EDIT:

As for the tan red dot sight, I don't think any of them come in tan stock. You could paint it with duracoat tan, and I think you can also get those rubber covers/protectors if the red dot sight is the aimpoint types (M2, M3, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back