Ultimate Airsoft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard plenty of horror stories about evikes, and I can never find a reasonable price on airsoftgi for whatever I'm looking for. If I were you, I'd check out Airsoft Megastore, they may have a smaller selection, but they have far cheaper prices and shipping.

My newest toy to which to add to the collection, maybe sometime in the future I may convert it to a EBR, but its good as it is at the moment.

Tm M14

M1 Scope

Harris bipod

Nato silencer

= a very very heavy gun :unsure

SNC00127.jpg

SNC00122.jpg

SNC00118.jpg

Well, I really don't care about prices or shipping costs, mainly because my mom is giving me $325 in airsoft funds, and i want a sidearm as well. I'm just looking for a website that can custom put on a ris unit on an m4 and is G&G's nylon plastic. And also, does anyone have any painting tips on my gun? I would like the upper receiver and the stock painted tan. And what kind of paint should i use?

dpchief216 said:
Well, I really don't care about prices or shipping costs, mainly because my mom is giving me $325 in airsoft funds, and i want a sidearm as well. I'm just looking for a website that can custom put on a ris unit on an m4 and is G&G's nylon plastic. And also, does anyone have any painting tips on my gun? I would like the upper receiver and the stock painted tan. And what kind of paint should i use?

$325!?!??!! Your the luckiest person alive!

As for the paint, Krylon fusion works well. Their Ultra Flat Camo looks amazing. Look for Khaki.

Last edited by a moderator:
dpchief216 said:
Well, I really don't care about prices or shipping costs, mainly because my mom is giving me $325 in airsoft funds, and i want a sidearm as well.

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage that! I wish I got coin like that growing up! About ASGI, you usually end up paying more, but I've had no problems with their customer service. Also, you should get free shipping (orders over $100), so you will save some $$$ there. If you've got the money to spend, I'd go with what you linked. However, if you want to make darn sure that your stuff won't get damaged in shipping, just buy local. Check Utahairsoft.com for your local airsoft stores.

Welsh- I like you M14, I can relate to the weight thing. I'll have to post up some pics of my JAE-100.

dpchief216 said:
I'm just looking for a website that can custom put on a ris unit on an m4 and is G&G's nylon plastic.

not sure which model you are looking at exactly, but if its a higher end one, then often times you can buy an RIS separate and install it yourself, its not too difficult.

dpchief216 said:

What?!?! My mom barely likes when i airsoft to begin with, but she would NEVAARR give me 325 dollars for airsoft. Maybe if i asked for my birthday or Christmas...but anyway, redwolfairsoft.com offers custom guns put together by you with your choice of externals, and internals. So you could have and m4 handgaurd, with a masada stock, and a masada grip, all made by G&P if you want. But those however are about 800 dollars.

dpchief216 said:

Mustang said it, use Krylon brand paint. Theres a bunch of guides online on how to paint the gun, but if you just want solid colors, just do a couple coats of the Krylon. If you really want, (I would, but some people like the look of the wear) I would put a flat clearcoat on after I'm done painting it. Krylon also makes this.

As for installing the RIS, its honestly not hard to put on, usually depending which RIS you get. Free floating is easy to get on and off, but it wobbles a bit, but that's what I use.

Well, To answer your troubled mind, my mom is giving it to me for 2 reasons. 1st, she lost a $125 radio shack gift card of mine, so that's the first $125. And my mom's out of the country so she said if i took care of the house while she's gone, then she'll give me $200 bucks in airsoft funds. I'm using the $125 for my WE 1911, and the $200 for the G4 socom. I changed it from the standard RIS m4 because i watched some reviews on the Non-blowback version and the charging handle is not functional. Being a realisim fan, that's why i'm sticking with the G&G brand.

If you need to see the gun, here it is.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=284_332&products_id=5601

And about RIS rails, I actually need one that's closest to what our boys in the army and national guard are using on their m4's. I am just not a fan of free float. And I would rather get this gun and save on the tightbore barrel and everything. My job will pay for the battery and the PEQ box. Oh, and if anyone want's a crane stock for an LE, pm me.

dpchief216 said:
Well, To answer your troubled mind, my mom is giving it to me for 2 reasons. 1st, she lost a $125 radio shack gift card of mine, so that's the first $125. And my mom's out of the country so she said if i took care of the house while she's gone, then she'll give me $200 bucks in airsoft funds.

Well nevertheless, you are one lucky guy.

Congrats on becomin a veteran sangheilli. And those custon guns are really cool. Just dont like the fact that i didnt see a single non-M4 or mp5 of some type

Aaron said:
Congrats on becomin a veteran sangheilli. And those custon guns are really cool. Just dont like the fact that i didnt see a single non-M4 or mp5 of some type

Thanks! As an AUG user, the prolific-ness of the AR-15 platform does get on my nerves after a while. BTW, on AS-R, my username is Elephant_Gunner. If you ever make an account or something, look me up!

Sorry to say, but I was barely allowed to make an account here, I definately can't talk my mom into another account somewhere else. So, once i have the "funds" here is what i'm hoping for with my guns: Main being Custom painted black and grey masada, secondary: USP. 45

right now, my guns cost me a total of thirty dollars. 25 dollars for my UZI and 5 dollars for a pack of four (just saw a huge crab looking spider, had to get up, smash it, then go to get a kleenex, then find a near-coarpse walking around, smashed it repeatedly) spring m9s found on ebay, or anywhere. They must be the cheapest guns you can get, and i learned, that you somethimes get more than you pay for.

Aaron said:
Sorry to say, but I was barely allowed to make an account here, I definately can't talk my mom into another account somewhere else. So, once i have the "funds" here is what i'm hoping for with my guns: Main being Custom painted black and grey masada, secondary: USP. 45

right now, my guns cost me a total of thirty dollars. 25 dollars for my UZI and 5 dollars for a pack of four (just saw a huge crab looking spider, had to get up, smash it, then go to get a kleenex, then find a near-coarpse walking around, smashed it repeatedly) spring m9s found on ebay, or anywhere. They must be the cheapest guns you can get, and i learned, that you somethimes get more than you pay for.

Huh. My parent's don't care what accounts i make. Just as long as it doesn't cost anything. I have an acount on airsoft retreat myself. (I always use dpchief216 as my username). Oh. One question you guys. Do you recomend me getting my gear at airsoft-club.com? They have some good prices, but i want to know if they're trustworthy. I'm planning to get an ACU vest, helmet, balaclava, half finger gloves (ODST inspired) :rolleyes and some elbow and knee pads.

dpchief216 said:
Huh. My parent's don't care what accounts i make. Just as long as it doesn't cost anything. I have an acount on airsoft retreat myself. (I always use dpchief216 as my username). Oh. One question you guys. Do you recomend me getting my gear at airsoft-club.com? They have some good prices, but i want to know if they're trustworthy. I'm planning to get an ACU vest, helmet, balaclava, half finger gloves (ODST inspired) :rolleyes and some elbow and knee pads.

I've bought from Airsoft-Club a number of times. Not a bad place to buy from, but count on your gear being in the mail at least 3 weeks from Hong Kong. Also, their gear quality isn't very good, hence the cheap prices. If you don't plan on using your gear heavily, you'll probably be fine, but you're better off buying Condor gear if you're on a budget. Even Ebaybanned gear (where I got my CIRAS) would be better than Airsoft Club.

Also this is just me, but I'd rethink the ACU idea. The Army has just stopped using it, verifying what airsofters have known for a long time: ACU stinks.

Sangheili811 said:
I've bought from Airsoft-Club a number of times. Not a bad place to buy from, but count on your gear being in the mail at least 3 weeks from Hong Kong. Also, their gear quality isn't very good, hence the cheap prices. If you don't plan on using your gear heavily, you'll probably be fine, but you're better off buying Condor gear if you're on a budget. Even Ebaybanned gear (where I got my CIRAS) would be better than Airsoft Club.

Also this is just me, but I'd rethink the ACU idea. The Army has just stopped using it, verifying what airsofters have known for a long time: ACU stinks.

What about if i only play airsoft about a little once in a while? Do you think a vest would be fine? And i think that they have a good price on ris, but do you think i should trust them?

And about ACU. I just like it. It suits me. There! Said it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back