1st Build UNSC Air Force Pararescue ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too heavy on weathering? Then what does that make me, good sir?
1655755504072.png

lol. It's Reach, weather more!

Great work so far!!!

Love how it's looking! Definitely think you should add more weathering!

Reactions: BAG
it'll be nice having a medic in the ranks, we'll have to put together a suit repair kit and a people repair kit to hide in your ruck sack for when you troop.

• Love
it'll be nice having a medic in the ranks, we'll have to put together a suit repair kit and a people repair kit to hide in your ruck sack for when you troop.
I would love that. Currently learning sewing too so that would be awesome.

Another update!

Finally started painting my AR backpack is shaping up and still working on pouches for my kit. Was thinking of the canteen pouch on the front for my phone but it looks ugly so I will be moving it somewhere else.

I swapped to my old deployment uniform as the camo is faded and it fits better. I can no longer wear my combat pants because I have been doing too many squats. This is the style of uniform the ODSTs wear in Reach so it is probably more accurate anyway.

I don't like the AR hanging across like that so looking for any suggestions on that. Still need to weather my backpack and AR.

For my helmet I was thinking about attached my headlamp to the front as some of my guys did that for night missions. Of course I would be removing the strapping and velcroing it. Let me know what you think as always.

Thank you all for your time and help! I hope y'all are well.

-F

*Edit* Also I need to repaint the handles on my backpack as I oversprayed them like crazy because I didn't tape the off.

Attachments

• 20220625_154452.jpg
    20220625_154452.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 124
  • 20220704_125029.jpg
    20220704_125029.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
  • 20220704_125009.jpg
    20220704_125009.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
  • received_765799777767305.jpeg
    received_765799777767305.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 121
  • received_2006699089533451.jpeg
    received_2006699089533451.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 136
ODST is eventually on my list of things to build one day. Looking good so far. The weathering looks super nice

So thinking on it, a medic probably wouldn't carry the AR. If they carried anything beyond a sidearm (and let's be honest, an ODST would) it would probably be the SMG, flip a coin on if it's the silenced version or not. If you decided to go that route, the SMG is more than small enough to take a thigh spot, either with magnets or a holster. I would also see them carrying the MK50 Sidekick over the over the M6 series, maybe in a boot holster. Still, your build! Do what you want! They do make a rifle harness that holds the rifle to one side, typically along the leg, but it's more a "I'm out of ammo and need to use my sidearm" type thing, it's not built for comfort. Lastly, I've gotta say, the red nail polish really pulls the look together!

So thinking on it, a medic probably wouldn't carry the AR. If they carried anything beyond a sidearm (and let's be honest, an ODST would) it would probably be the SMG, flip a coin on if it's the silenced version or not. If you decided to go that route, the SMG is more than small enough to take a thigh spot, either with magnets or a holster. I would also see them carrying the MK50 Sidekick over the over the M6 series, maybe in a boot holster. Still, your build! Do what you want! They do make a rifle harness that holds the rifle to one side, typically along the leg, but it's more a "I'm out of ammo and need to use my sidearm" type thing, it's not built for comfort. Lastly, I've gotta say, the red nail polish really pulls the look together!
So how it was always told to me by my Js is that the best field medicine is preventative so they would carry the same weapons as the other guys and pretty much take whatever weapon they wanted (Of course everyone had their standard issue M4 but would take other stuff). I was actually thinking about sticking my MK50 to the inside of my left shin with a magnet and putting my knife on the right shin inside as well!

Perhaps I will go mandolorian style and have the m6 on my hip and the MK50 on my shin as an emergency weapon. I may look into putting the AR on my back with the pack somehow.

Thank you so much for your input!! I genuinely appreciate it! :) Also I love my red nail polish. Thank you for noticing. It's all in the little details lol.

If you don't like the look of the strapping you could hide it below the chestpiece! It would allow you to have the rifle sit lower and the strap would not be as visible. I did that on my ODST to hold up my MA2B

• Love
They only PJ I've ever known was a CCT, and he subscribed to the "nuke it from orbit" mentality. Just to give you more things to think about I'll tell you my plan for my ODST! My knife is gonna go on the small of my back for easy combat draw, I'm not the Rookie, so I don't need the extra nap padding there :D. My weapons will be a thigh mounted SOCOM (with magnets) and a DMR that I'll carry for the most part, but I am going to figure out a way to mount it to my pack, probably on the right side and with LOTS of magnets. My biggest question is where I'm gonna put my extra ammo, and I think I'll do an ammo bag on my left hip for the DMR, and find a way for the SOCOM mags to sit on my belt. Your build is looking fantastic! I look forward to seeing what else you do with it!

• Love
They only PJ I've ever known was a CCT, and he subscribed to the "nuke it from orbit" mentality. Just to give you more things to think about I'll tell you my plan for my ODST! My knife is gonna go on the small of my back for easy combat draw, I'm not the Rookie, so I don't need the extra nap padding there :D. My weapons will be a thigh mounted SOCOM (with magnets) and a DMR that I'll carry for the most part, but I am going to figure out a way to mount it to my pack, probably on the right side and with LOTS of magnets. My biggest question is where I'm gonna put my extra ammo, and I think I'll do an ammo bag on my left hip for the DMR, and find a way for the SOCOM mags to sit on my belt. Your build is looking fantastic! I look forward to seeing what else you do with it!
Thanks for the ideas! On my build you can see my m6 mags on my battle belt just like you were saying. For the DMR mags you could put a big pouch on the side of your vest (waist area) or the front where the two accent armor plates go on a rookie build. I think that makes a lot of sense. I feel like hip ammo pouches would be a little too far for easy reloads but maybe you have super long arms lol!! :)

Can't wait to see your build!

If you don't like the look of the strapping you could hide it below the chestpiece! It would allow you to have the rifle sit lower and the strap would not be as visible. I did that on my ODST to hold up my MA2B
Going to do this now thank you! Don't know why I never thought about this lol

October Update:

Been a while but excited to show y'all. Got the boot armor, calves, ammo pouches, painted AR, attached my magnum to my battle belt, finished my backpack, neck seal, attached small personalizations, and got new nail polish. I now need to do the thigh, hip and side waist armor. I am thinking I need to do the back of the boot also. Looks a bit odd to me without it. I am testing out some blood vials on the shoulder. I know it doesn't really make sense but I like the look.

received_837809380714643.jpeg
received_622814412562221.jpeg

I also got an ODST shirt as I have been eyeballing a small etsy shop for a long time and she is going out of business and wanted to help her (It has my old active unit on it as it matches my in universe character). Really like the "It's way too hot at this convention floor look". For the low armor look I have my boonie hat with an ODST symbol on the front.

20220921_173541.jpg
20220921_173716.jpg

As always let me know what y'all think and any changes or further ideas for the cosplay.

Thank y'all for your time. -F

I love the way the colors are coming together. That red backpack really pops and gives a very realistic interpretation of a medical pack!

I really admire your creativity, outside-the-box thinking, and unique approach to your ODST build (namely being an Air Force pararescue ODST, rather than just a rank-and-file redshirt ODST or recreation of someone from Halo 3: ODST). It's actually motivated me to do something similar (a more specialized ODST, though what it is exactly is staying a secret until I announce the start of my project and have images to share of it).

• Love
I really admire your creativity, outside-the-box thinking, and unique approach to your ODST build (namely being an Air Force pararescue ODST, rather than just a rank-and-file redshirt ODST or recreation of someone from Halo 3: ODST). It's actually motivated me to do something similar (a more specialized ODST, though what it is exactly is staying a secret until I announce the start of my project and have images to share of it).
Thank you so much! I can't wait to see what you come up with! I am happy that I could encourage you to make it your own. :)

The red visor looks very nice with the white armour
Are you going to make the leg armours white as well or just how it looks in the renders?
So cool to see some fresh takes on stuff we haven't seen in the games or other visual medias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back