Vacuform Tables. Best way to get started/make one?

Seth Knight

Hey, I know there's a bunch of videos probably out there, I'm not an electronical genius, but I know how to build things and it shouldn't be complicated to build one, which I'm hoping to as soon as I move out in a month.

SO.... Question is, what's the best way to make a self heating vac table?

I'll follow up with specific questions. Thanks.

Seth

mkshane81

I haven't built one personally, but found a plan that I would like to utilize someday, found on Instructables. Look for "Vacuum Forming Rig" by stechi.

-Matt

merc4now

I bought the plans for the hobbyvac and protovac years ago got half way threw the build and lost interest once I really did the math on cost of heating elements. But I know bill Duran at punished props built a super simple one he uses for helmet visor molds. Simple vacum and a $50 electric heater. His mimics a few I've seen out there it's not hard if you just want simple and not a super strong pull on heavy thermal plastics.

Ashuraa

Judicial Officer
Division Staff
Member DIN
S015
I bought the plans for the hobbyvac and protovac years ago got half way threw the build and lost interest once I really did the math on cost of heating elements. But I know bill Duran at punished props built a super simple one he uses for helmet visor molds. Simple vacum and a $50 electric heater. His mimics a few I've seen out there it's not hard if you just want simple and not a super strong pull on heavy thermal plastics.
Hey dear. While your enthusasim is great, please watch for when a thread was last active.

This thread was last active 5 years ago. We would appriciate if posts older than 6 months of inactivity are not revived, unless it is the origional poster who revives it.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.