Vacuform Tables. Best way to get started/make one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Knight

Hey, I know there's a bunch of videos probably out there, I'm not an electronical genius, but I know how to build things and it shouldn't be complicated to build one, which I'm hoping to as soon as I move out in a month.

SO.... Question is, what's the best way to make a self heating vac table?

I'll follow up with specific questions. Thanks.

Seth

I haven't built one personally, but found a plan that I would like to utilize someday, found on Instructables. Look for "Vacuum Forming Rig" by stechi.

-Matt

I bought the plans for the hobbyvac and protovac years ago got half way threw the build and lost interest once I really did the math on cost of heating elements. But I know bill Duran at punished props built a super simple one he uses for helmet visor molds. Simple vacum and a $50 electric heater. His mimics a few I've seen out there it's not hard if you just want simple and not a super strong pull on heavy thermal plastics.

I bought the plans for the hobbyvac and protovac years ago got half way threw the build and lost interest once I really did the math on cost of heating elements. But I know bill Duran at punished props built a super simple one he uses for helmet visor molds. Simple vacum and a $50 electric heater. His mimics a few I've seen out there it's not hard if you just want simple and not a super strong pull on heavy thermal plastics.
Hey dear. While your enthusasim is great, please watch for when a thread was last active.

This thread was last active 5 years ago. We would appriciate if posts older than 6 months of inactivity are not revived, unless it is the origional poster who revives it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back