Xtreme Tactics 101- Look Who's Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we never really talked on here, it's always a shame to see someone go. Hopefully you change your mind, but I understand why you wouldnt want to stay

I havent been with this forum but for a couple of months and yes i have seen all the things that you mentioned in the begining just for instance a while ago someone was bashing another for their spelling and grammer so what if they dont know how to spell or use grammer i hardly ever use it myself doesnt mean im less capable of doing the same things as you. Im not sure if this is possible but couldnt we make it where you had to read the stickies and everything first before being able to post....of course some people wont read and just scroll through it to make it seem like it. what about making a seperate forum for people after their first actual finished wip....

I was one of those annoying noobs when i joined. i still feel bad for annoying crackhead right off the bat. But at that point stickes weren't as numerous and i will say the suck feature sucked on the old site (i still miss it sometime late at night...) But im thankful that people were patient like tlither. In my first wip I posted one of the dickest thing I could have I think
JangoFett140 said:
LOL still no comments, oh well. I'll still post faithful to show my gratitude to this great site! couldnt do this with out you guys!
ive kept it as a reminder of what I was when I see other noobs post the same thing. But thanks to awesome members like you we now have a awesome sticky and tut for almost everything now. I still learn stuff watch new stuff on just fiberglassing or the like in these tuts. I know I need to do a better job of working to solve these problems. And I wish did have some kind of a lock on the sign up like we used to. I lucked out and found the sight while it was open for registration so I didn't do much lurking. But I did find the rules and try to follow them since I had never joined a forum before. So I d hate to see you go but understand if you need a break man. Ive also found it hard to log on every half hour at work cause there seems to be a lot of the aforementioned things. So keep on building in what everway makes you happy but know that you ARE appreciated here. As for Adam and the mods I miss you guys

edit: "what about making a seperate forum for people after their first actual finished wip...." i agree that would be a good way to leave teh noob forum. have you wip approved by a mod (or show constructive work on the site since some people here largley model and may not make something right away)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everybody,

Again, this is not good bye for good, but I thought instead of creating another topic, I might as well post in a topic that somewhat relates to what I am going to say.

I will be taking a leave of absence from the 405th to rehabilitate from a fairly large amount of stress caused by spending so much time every day answering PM’s and E-mails. Apparently, according to my dentist and family doctor, I have vitamin D deficiency, meaning I’m lacking the proper amount of vitamin D. Apparently that means I have to get out doors more often, and drink more milk and orange juice. That means I can’t be spending 3+ hours per day answering questions and helping other members via MSN and skype.

I don’t know how long I will be gone for, but for that time I probably won’t be posting, and will not be answering questions. So, I apologize to those few hundred people per week I attempt to help.

This is nobodies fault alone. I fully understood my undertaking of offering my knowledge to the community, I just never understood the repercussions of my actions until now.

I wish you all luck, and hope to see you all on the forums again very soon.

Cheers!

Well, it might just be that you're overextending yourself. You should help people, but 3 hours a day? Is that a real number, or a figurative number? How do you get school done? And Whenever I see one of these threads saying someone's leaving here... I know it's not true. You'll be back.

terminator_10.jpg

Dude, just cut down on helping people, give a few tips here and there, and move on. I also have a vitamin D deficiency, never stopped me. In fact, I THRIVE in my basement... Anyway, good luck to ya.

Boba Fett said:
Well, it might just be that you're overextending yourself. You should help people, but 3 hours a day? Is that a real number, or a figurative number? How do you get school done? And Whenever I see one of these threads saying someone's leaving here... I know it's not true. You'll be back.

terminator_10.jpg

Dude, just cut down on helping people, give a few tips here and there, and move on. I also have a vitamin D deficiency, never stopped me. In fact, I THRIVE in my basement... Anyway, good luck to ya.

3 hours per day is the literial time I spend answering E-mails and PM's. Sometimes its 2 hours, sometimes its 3 1/2 hours. Seeing how I'm a night hawk I get my school work done around 11:00 at night, and drift off to sleep at around 2:00 after playing guitar and working on my projects. Luckly I've adapted to one of those people who only have to sleep 4-5 hours to be fully functional in the morning.

As for cutting down on helping people, I've tried that before, and it didn't turn out very well. I'm attempting to develope systems to limit my time spent answering questions, but all have failed, or had a very minimal effect.

Anyway, like I have said many times before, if anybody can offer up some ideas to minimalize my time answering questions, or being sent questions in generial, please tell me. I would love to both help the community and slightly "slack off" on my efforts so basiclly everybody is happy.

If anyone deserves a break, its probably you.

just as long as: YOULL BE BAK.

2003_bulletproof_monk_010.jpg

Enjoy Your vacation! (its really old, but gets the point across)

How bout trying to revitilize the Q+A team, as far as I know, Nintendude is the only active member. If 3-4 people are answering questions, you might spend as little as 20-30 minutes a day. More members, it's taken care of. You're a staff member anyway, why not recruit more Q+A team members? I think that's the best solution, and you avoid ulcers. ;)

Hey, sorry to hear you are under so much stress. I would say you don't have to answer every PM that comes your way, You do such a great job with the tips and tricks. Don't take on more than you feel you can handle. We all understand. Just don't ditch! Your carboard skills are too great to leave us out on your work!!!

Truthfully i though this thread was domed to "dingo". But I guess its not.

Second off I think EVERYONE needs a beak from any hobby website every now an then.

Third off people really need to be nice.

Fourth off every one should stick to the guide lines.

Fith off If some one posts a thread saying somethign they made every one shouldnt go flameing. "Posts or it didnt happen"

Sixth off If ther is a paint ball/ airsoft armor thread dont replyy to it just send a Mod a PM to lock it.

Seventh off If you do ever choose to leave Xtream Ill miss you because you are one of the few who are nice.

Eighth off Cayoke -.-

Best of luck to you, and enjoy your vacation! (Vitamin D defic. sucks, especially if macular. degen. is in your family.)

Take as much time off as you need, get some sun, and come back whenever you're ready.

You've done a lot for this forum, and I think its a good idea that you "shrug" it off for a bit. (A cookie to anyone who gets the reference Mr. D'Anconia excepted.)

Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I believe my break is over. I can already see the 405th is falling apart without me, lol :lol (Reason-Scaling question threads, there are just so many!).

Anyway, back onto answering the questions I was sent while I was gone. I'll be at this for a few days.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:

I believe my break is over. I can already see the 405th is falling apart without me, lol :lol (Reason-Scaling question threads, there are just so many!).

Anyway, back onto answering the questions I was sent while I was gone. I'll be at this for a few days.

Great to see that your back, you really are very much appreciated here :D

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:

Wow... 8 days... talk about a long vacation.. told ya so though. ;)

Boba Fett said:
Wow... 8 days... talk about a long vacation.. told ya so though. ;)

Wasn't planning on a long vacation after all.

I'm going to contact Adam about the Q&A Team idea though. I'm answering plenty of questions, so I might as well get some recognition for it. It would also be nice if we could fill the gaps of members who are no longer active on the Q&A Team.

Mind you, I don’t believe I’m 405th Forums staff, I’m only 405th Source staff, meaning I publish a weekly article (which I have been skipping on for the past month sadly-I’ll get right on that ASAP).

Anyway, its great to be back. I did manage to get a lot done on my marine helmet sculpt. Sadly my camera is acting up, so pictures won’t be posted for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back