Xxcalibersxx Jun Sniper Armor Wip (Page 5 Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ya'll just dropping in with a short update... Hope you like, i did a little work here and there, the video will explain itself.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J1cU9obL5g[/media]

What i didn't mention is i will be starting soon on a D-9 Gun sooner or later, and during that time i will be setting up a room over in the woolshed as a kind of home away from home. So i probably wnt do much on the helmet until i get back to school, sorry if anyone is waiting for me to mold it, if thats the case, tell me and i will try to get it done quicker.

Cheers, Dave.

Okay, now that i have gotten up to a stage i am happy with i need to get into school and get the visor done... But wait.. Schools finished for 2 weeks. Sorry you won't be seeing anything until maybe 3 weeks... :D.

Small and insignificant update i know, but watcha gonna do? Lol. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Looking good.

The two visor points that you filled are actually inset in game, http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/01/29/feature-Noble-Team-Profile-5.aspx course you don't have to add them if you don't want too. the top of the visor view port dose seem to be unsymmetrical. Going with the in-game screenshot, the nub on the front is inset instead of outset, again you don't have too mess with it if you don't want too.

Your helmet is looking really good, looking forward to seeing it done :D

FACE PALM, stupid pictures keep changing! Lol.

After having a think about it i wil be insetting them slightly. But i ran out of Bondo. *cries*. Also i fixed the visor with my last bit of bondo, so thats done.

So.... I will go get some more of that sooner or later and finish. But new project atm (might post pictures later) i buildin a man den over in the shearing shed, so i can move out and hae my own little adobe.

Updates will be up sooner or later, god i sound so lazy.

Cheers, Dave.

Wow that is looking fantastic! Sorry to hear you ran out of bondo... you don't need to cry.... please don't cry... you can always get another one.... ;)

Haha, living in a place with no accent, it was awesome to hear your 'stralian one.

Out of curiousity, how much does it weigh?

BTW: you should change the thread subtitle to

"Customizing the Mark V Helm to the Reach Sniper helm... successfully"

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392
Wow that is looking fantastic! Sorry to hear you ran out of bondo... you don't need to cry.... please don't cry... you can always get another one....

Haha, living in a place with no accent, it was awesome to hear your 'stralian one.

Out of curiousity, how much does it weigh?

BTW: you should change the thread subtitle to

"Customizing the Mark V Helm to the Reach Sniper helm... successfully"

Cheers!

Thankyou very much man!

Okay, Okay, i've stopped crying. :D. I will have to get some more, stupid public holidays keepin me from my bondo!

Lots of American's on Xbox Live comment on the accent, and call me British. And i'm like, no I'm Aussie bro. :D.

As for the wieght... There's quite a lot of cardboard in it, plus fibre glass, Rondo and Bondo (2 kilo's i think)... Some expanding foam, nuts and bolts. Without actually weighing it i'd say about 3-4 kilo's (dunno what that is in pounds.) But i ain't gonna wear it, I'll be molding and then casting in plastic, i think it would stuff up my kneck if i tried to wear it. :D.

BTW changed the name, but spelt it wrong. *Sigh* now i got to do it again.

Cheers, Dave.

Hey everyone, just droppin by.

The helmet... And armor.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkN2cAYqzcA[/media]

And the other project that os occupying my time. and money.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spw2w5xmTaY[/media]

Rondoe will hopefully happen today and then i'll order some clay and stuff for the bicep. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Feels like i am talking to myself here guys...

Just thought i would say i am gonna harden the bits and peices of armor, then use clay to sculpt in the finer details.

Update.

Sanded down the forearm. The rest is nearly cured. and i have ordered the clay and the 'prop builders molding and casting handbook'. So get ready for progress... :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Just found this man. Looks really nice, and I'll be watching it! Hope you fix that small asymmetry in the visor part of the helmet!

Thunder

I'm hoping i'll be able to fix it up with the clay. I am sick of stuffing around with bondo trying to build it up. :D. Thanks to by the way.

Cheers, Dave.

UPDATE

Watch the video, i am pretty sure i explain everything, if not ask a question. :D.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgOGhJ4XUH0[/media]

Tell me what you all think.

(and i know, i probably should have done 2 seperate ones, bbut i find it easier to just throw them in together, the helmet and rifle that is.)

Cheers, Dave.

Small Update.

Silicone came in yesterday, so i am just working on refining some more details and then it will be molded! Yay.

I was think, is it possible to do an impression mould with a little bit of RTV Silicone, and then on the outside of the impression mould use some guttering silicone to strengthen it? or is this a big no-no? The only reason i am contemplating using guttering silicone on the outside is because of the cost of the RTV Silicone. 120 buck for 2 kilo's is a lot, and i don't know how many i will be able to sell in order for it to pay for its self. So watcha's think, After an impression mould guttering silicone just for strength?(and fibreglass after that).

Also I've done a fair bit to the bicep, made it universal, so that one mould does both arms, (without making it look weird) and i printed off the chest.

once mid year exams are over updates will be coming thick and fast).

XxCALIBERxX said:
once mid year exams are over updates will be coming thick and fast).

Kind of an odd sentence don't you agree? :rolleyes
Oh you so intended that.

Cool Can''t wait :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahahhahah.... Lol.... Rofl....

:D. I fully did. ;).

That was rather quite funny, i think i got to watch what i say? :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Okay guys! The forums back! Yay.

Anyway, here with an update.

Comment and tell me what you think..

Cheers, Dave.

Hey everyone! I'm back for an update, i've beeen out and about for a while, but i have been working on the armor. Tell me what you think and what could be improved at this point in time. Also sorry for the vid quality.

Okay, the video explains itself and the pictures. So Have fun ya'll.

100_7125.jpg

100_7126.jpg

100_7127.jpg

100_7128.jpg

Smoothing definately needed but its getting there.

Tell me what ya think and i'll hopefully have another update within the month.

Cheers, Dave.

Okay, Nobody?

Anyway, i've finished the forearm and am wondering how to go about moulding it, one full silicone mould around the whole thing with a two part fibreglass jacket? Or a to part mould (divided by shims) and a two part fibreglass jacket?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Dave.

are you gonna make the fanny/backpack thing from the new the battle begins trailer that Jun has

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back