581 - A HALO Story from the 405th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I am exceedingly excited to announce a project that was over a year in the making!

In our continuing effort to make this community easy to access and navigate, we have developed a "helper" to guide new members and old members alike through the site. His name is 581 and in order to better acquaint you with him, we have created a short backstory in the form of a 10 page comic. We will be releasing this comic, 2 pages at a time over the coming weeks and hope you enjoy it. We hope you enjoy 581's story and look forward to seeing him pop up around the site.

To start us off,here is the cover and about page of the comic. Page 1 and 2 will be posted next week!

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - Cover.jpg

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - About.jpg

EDIT: 2018.06.04 Page One and Two!

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - 01.jpg

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - 02.jpg

EDIT: 2018.06.11 Page Three and Four!

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - 03.jpg

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - 04.jpg

EDIT: 2018.06.18 Page Five and Six!

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - Page 5.jpg

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - Page 6.jpg

EDIT: 2018.06.26 Page Seven and Eight... we are almost to the end!

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - Page 7.jpg

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - Page 8.jpg

EDIT: 2018.07.02 Pages Nine and Ten... Here are the final pages!

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - Page 9.jpg

581 - A HALO Story from the 405th - Page 10.jpg

Last edited:
Loving the art for your monitor. Looks much more tankish than the original installation monitors. Very cool!
I have to hand it to ya, this is a great way to include the community in fun events.

When is 581 (the bot) going to become active on the site?

Anyway, I look forward to reading the comic!

I don't want to give too much away before the story is told but the 405th ancilla is certainly "up-armored."

You MAY see 581 on the site in small ways over the next few weeks, but won't see a real hard push until the comic is done.

Well, I was already planning to make a Monitor prop before this, but now I feel I need to make a prop of our buddy 581 now lol.
I wonder if I could get him to fly too, hmmm......

I was thinking something similar to the Probius costume made by Punished Props for Blizzcon. EVA foam body supported by clear acrylic on top of a beefy RC car.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you guys are already trying to come up with ideas to build 581!! Our little friend is going to be a fun addition to the 405th and something that we can call ours!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you guys are already trying to come up with ideas to build 581!! Our little friend is going to be a fun addition to the 405th and something that we can call ours!

Is there more angles of 581? I'm okay with playing fill in the blanks but if the angles exist I'd be interested in seeing them before starting out a 3D model or a pattern.

Patience, Grasshopper. All shall be revealed as the comic progresses. Once it's all released if you're still missing some angles, we'll make sure that you have those.

View attachment 255747

THE EXCITEMENT IS REAL AND THE WAIT IS KILLING ME. 581 IS GOING TO BE SO COOL.

Hahaha... I know that feeling all too well. We have already done a base model/render for the imagery you will see on the site, but are now working with the original modeler to create a printable version. Obviously this won't/shouldn't stop you from creating your own version, but just wanted to let you know, we have an official model in the works.

Hahaha... I know that feeling all too well. We have already done a base model/render for the imagery you will see on the site, but are now working with the original modeler to create a printable version. Obviously this won't/shouldn't stop you from creating your own version, but just wanted to let you know, we have an official model in the works.
Woohoo! Will the 3D render be available in an .stl so I can unfold him in Pep designer? Or is someone already looking into a pep file for him as well?

Just had my first introduction to 581. But 581’s little dialogue box doesn’t play well with mobile. You can’t scroll the box and all the text was cut off top bottom. All I got was the middle of the intro text. Sorry I should have taken a screen shot. It could just be safari as well I’m not sure.

Last edited:
Just had my first introduction to 581. But 581’s little dialogue box doesn’t play well with mobile. You can’t scroll the box and all the text was cut off top bottom. All I got was the middle of the intro text. Sorry I should have taken a screen shot. It could just be safari as well I’m not sure.
There's a "dismiss" button. :)

Yeah, smartphone screens are hard to see on at times. the button is on the top right corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back