Acenat, Mark Vi Suit... Looking Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha thats ok, i cut it exactly in half then kept trimming it so it slots straight in.

and i actually completely finished my helmet (sprayed, visor, lights, padding and all ..) then just glued them straight in :)

nat

Wow Nat I hadn't seen your thread since the forums went down and your finished already. Your armor looks great. Congrats on the awesome build. Any news on the Hammer?

Wow Nat I hadn't seen your thread since the forums went down and your finished already. Your armor looks great. Congrats on the awesome build. Any news on the Hammer?

hey! yeah i spent almost everyday working on it, then when the forums went down my progress just jumped! so there is a big gap between half done and finished...
yeah the hammer is still standing in my computer room.. staring at me..
i cant finish it yet as ive really gotta finish kat, but once her suit is done then im onto the weapons!

Your armor looks great, and you built it in such a short time! I have a question about the chest piece, it looks like you used the HD model by flyingsquirel and I'm about half way done with it. Did you put the entire chest together (with the support struts)? I'm not sure if it would be best to put it all together, then resin it and then seperate the front and back. Or if I should seperate it before I resin. Thanks!

hey Toftt !
thought i'd reply on here rather than facebook as im logged in here at the moment.. ahaha :p
yeah i was really rushing towards the end.
well as the pics dont work anymore showing my progress (which is kind of anoying) they went after the site moved :(
anyway.. i built the whole chest as one piece, with the support struts and all, then resined about 3 times. then fiberglassed the back.. but then i learnt about rondo (which is resin and body filler mixed.. thank ben streeper for that :D ) and hardened the front..
then after it was completly hardened i cut it in two pieces as you can see in the shots!

i would really reccommend seperating the chest AFTER its been hardened because then you get no warpage and it keeps it shape.
if you get any problems feel free to hit me up on facebook! it will be cool to talk to another armour builder about this stuff outside of 405th!

:D

and thanks Josh, i do love the paint job ive done, but im actually going to be re-spraying it to match the cg trailer (its like a metallic goldish green) as i soo prefer that ! ahah

Holy cow that armor is wicked, you did an amazing job. The paint job is great. If this is a preview of you work then your Kat armor is going to be fa-nominal.

Fantastic job, I think we are getting a new elitist from here. Definitely looking forward to any future project you might start.

ok, im a lazy SOB so, step one to a good response, a bit of but kissin'

wow, that armour is amazing im surprised that wasnt on waypoint, its awesome (seriously)

now step two, awkwaerd question which has been answered multiple times in thread

did you use the hig res of lowres pepe files, or a mixture, and what on?

step three, some more nice comments, to finish the "sandwich"

i hope that your new project goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back