Another noob enters the fray..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to be very minimal warpage there - great job!

Thanks. Yeh there is VERY little - even in the third pic I think it's more due to how I held the camera (I can build armour but I can't take a photo lol). Most of the warp that is there is more confined to individual polygons of the piece rather than of the piece as a whole so I should be able to correct 99% of it during the filling and sanding stages...hopefully.

Handplates done and fitted to gloves

DSCN4133.jpg

DSCN4135.jpg

*looks at pictures of handplates*

*looks at my handplates with the resin drying on them*

*fires up printer for a new pair*

I feel inspired to step up my game - thanks :)

*looks at pictures of handplates*

*looks at my handplates with the resin drying on them*

*fires up printer for a new pair*

I feel inspired to step up my game - thanks :)

Glad I could help, but I'm sure your hands are good? If you still want to do them again the way I looked at it was I figured the front edge 'bulges' are there to cover your knuckles - that's what I aimed for.
A good reference is the Halo - Starry Night trailer ;)

The pictures I posted on my build thread make them look like they are the right size, but I'll take new ones once I get my gloves - they still seem a bit small right now. I have been having trouble with the itty-bitty tabs that go around the corners to make the indention detail, but looking at your photo made me realize that there is a better way to put those together than I have been doing so far :)

The pictures I posted on my build thread make them look like they are the right size, but I'll take new ones once I get my gloves - they still seem a bit small right now. I have been having trouble with the itty-bitty tabs that go around the corners to make the indention detail, but looking at your photo made me realize that there is a better way to put those together than I have been doing so far :)

As an insight into how I build...What I tend to do is after all the parts are cut out and folded is build the separate sections (if you get what I mean), so I would build the recess circles and then put those on the plate, then build the side bulges, then add those to the main part.
I dunno if I explained that very well lol but it makes it a lot easier for me to do the complete piece.

What I had been doing is gluing larger tabs first and then having an (obviously) difficult time getting the corners glued to make the recessed part look cleaner. So, I've been doing it backwards in a sense...not sure why it never occurred to me to do it the correct way :). Serious "DOH" moment, but at least I am figuring it out before I get to the chest piece.

Thanks again!

Nothing's obvious to me yet either - I'm still very much the noob to this...Tbh I think the only reason I even came to that way of building was because I messed up the first time round on the chest piece...having to sit and do two chest pieces, HD, back to back kinda taught me to do things in a more efficient way ;)

Pretty much finished the back of the chest piece

550526_153478121468788_1204957127_n.jpg

And put in the lower lights (forgot to get batteries and had to put old, nearly dead ones in there so they'll be brighter with new batteries).

DSCN4548.jpg

431308_152487281567872_2055693754_n.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

This looks seriously awesome. Great work so far! The fox armour really looks awesome as undersuit too.
+1 sub here :)

Looking fantastic man! Love the purple blood on the torso.

So, I bought the same motorcycle armor that you did, but the back plates were sewn on all crooked, so mine kinda looks stupid. Missed my chance to return it too, so I'm just all SOL...

Here's a few pics of the finished chest piece back.

Silver 'wear' detailing finished
DSCN4559.jpg

Lights on in bright artificial light
DSCN4563.jpg

Lights on in the dark
DSCN4562.jpg

Worms eye view of the lights
DSCN4565.jpg

I'm done with this now, front of the chest next.

Thanks for looking in

The color came out really nice. Those LED's will light up the night for sure; and I'd have to say, along with the others, the under armor you have on really does compliment your chest piece. Nice work man.
Good luck!

Im impressed at how well this is looking.
Excellent progress and pics. :)

Don't know how I kept missing this one surfing around. Excellent job thus far. Everything is looking good. When you also consider that you did most of the pep w/o edge idea and it is a first time build, it makes it that much more awesome. Keep up the good work.

I know everyone's said it already, but I guess I'll say it again. Good job so far man. Really, for being you're first build this thing has come out excellent. I hope my first build comes out to be as good as yours, lol. Good job, keep it up.

Thanks so much for all the great replies guys - really helps me stay with it :D I think where I'm on such a tight budget I struggle with some stuff (I have no tools at all, only a dremmel) so I get stuck at times and have to have a head-scratch to see how to get around some problems...then I get these kind of replies and I'm like cool, I'm doing it right lol.

405th is amazing and all it's members are awesome. This is by far the best community/ scene I've ever been involved with and I wish I could give more back..maybe one day.

As usual - thank you for looking in and taking the time to post :)

Could have sworn I'd posted in here before, but... been watching since you started this build and it's coming along very nicely! The pressure suit you have is a better look than a lot that I was considering for my own, and the armor pieces themselves are turning out extremely well.

Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back