Blackula and Hypers ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great. Have you tried using window tint. I know it is impossible to apply after a pull, but it might work very well if you apply it before you pull. Just a thought.

I think we are going to try that metod out, I was talking to Tony the other day about it, so we will see how it goes

dang guys this is looking great =D great job on the odst helmet

Thanks Roadkill appreciate the commet

Sounds good, but can you provide the dragons? I think were going to need about 5. Let me know cause you really can't take over the world without dragons (I think its classless without them). :)
Tony

Sure right on it..... Wait a min..... How'd you know about my privet stash of Dragons.....Awe well, The Jig is up... Now everyone will want one. ;)

I painted a cast today, well at least the base coat, Im not sure if the color is correct or not, if any of you guys have painted a ODST before what color did you use to kind of match the ODST game color of the helmet, I used a charcoal gray on this cast and not sure if its to dark or to light, It hasn't been blackwashed or battle damaged yet which will make it a little darker, I painted the area under the visor black to offset the color, so what do you guys think, does it look ok, when I went to get the paint, I seen the color that looked right, then I started looking at the other grays then they all looked the same, I should have grab the first one that stood out to me but after a while they all started looking the same, thanks for looking comments are appreciated

Unfinished paintjob just want to know if the base color looks right
Don't pay attention to the visor I just stuck it in the helmet, its a messed up one that we cut the plastic to short
DSC05088.jpg

DSC05089.jpg

I'm not sure about the accuracy of the color, but I know I like it. Also, the black around the visor looks sick. It will look even more betterer (yeah, I said it!) when you but the damage and wash on it. Great job Hyper.:)

I'm not sure about the accuracy of the color, but I know I like it. Also, the black around the visor looks sick. It will look even more betterer (yeah, I said it!) when you but the damage and wash on it. Great job Hyper.:)

I agreed. I think this is going to be epic.

Yeah, I'm sure the paint work will look great when hes finished. Can't wait to see it bro!! But, I know Hyper is busy with FoSho at the momment.

I agreed. I think this is going to be epic.

Thanks CoolC, Hopefully we can deliver.

Well, here is a slight update. I'm to thrilled with how my strip came out. I'll most likely redo it. I got a little to saucy with the spray paint, so the paint pooled up and the line is off too. But, I'm sure I can correct it. Anyhoo, just to show that the project isn't dead. Here is my attempt at the painting. Again, its not fineished, but this will give you an Idea of where its heading.

Before stripe

e04c432a.jpg

6bb3be08.jpg

After Stripe (this is when I destroyed the hotness)
b0b27950.jpg

600ab75e.jpg

28085d31.jpg

7f7d86dd.jpg

Here it is with the flash, I tried to replicate the greenish gray look, I guess its ok.
dfdc5185.jpg

Also, I was planning on using this to attach the chest components. (what do you think?)

a769385d.jpg

Anyways, it does need work, but I figured I would show it at this point because I don’t want people thinking we have abandoned ship. I wish I had more progress to show, but I’m currently working on rebuilding a helmet that got molley womped by FedEx.
Well, see ya next time 405!

Tony

I think the helmet looks great Tony. Lol, I didn't know you had a mustache?!

The helmet looks great, really like the paint job, the orange stripe and the black under the visor really make all the colors pop. As for the chest components you could use the chest core file made by Hugh and just make it out of foam, it would be really confortable and would not look half bad. Or just make the chest core out of fiberglass, either or, it's just my suggestion.

Andrew:

I see you posted a pic of your alter ego willy

I think the stripe turned out pretty good, Dry brush it some and the straight lines shouldn't matter anymore

I have been messing around with the H4 helmet for the past few days, but My ODST helmet is almost finished with the paint work, should have pics of it posted soon

..|\||...............................
...\\\\..............................
....\\\\\\...........................
......\\\\\\\\......................
..|-----| |-\\\\\\\.../|||||||| |
.|-----|_|--\\\\\\\\\\|||||||| |
..|-----|_|--\\\\\\\\\|||||||| |
...|----|_|-\\\\\\\\\\|||||||| |
..........................\||||||| |

Job well done! :p

wow those helmets are freakin amazing guys, great job
@blackula when i saw the most recent pic with you wearing the chest padding, when i saw your face i thought that it was your real face xD
well great job guys

Lol , Thanks guys, yeah the stash is the new hotness. Anywho, here are a few more photos. I tried to tighten up some spots on the helm added a killer skull from the Helljumper Crest and started working on some new buckles.

Tried to tighten up this line:

5896b23e.jpg

Added this:

baddb118.jpg

Heres a closer look:

25cc00bc.jpg

Start of my buckles:

cd2d89b0.jpg

Well, see you next time 405!

Tony

I'm in love, nothing more I can say.

Thanks Jintek, I'm digging your build too :)

That skull looks great dude!:)

Thanks buddy!

Nice skull! what did you do to get it on? Keep the the awesome work!

Thanks a lot. I just looked it up via google, hand drew it to a stencil using paper, transfered it to some masking tape, and then put that where I wanted it. Then taped it all off and shot it with the color I wanted. Glad you all like it.

be good guys!

Tony

Another Spectacular helmet Guys im not suprised in the least with this sort of workmanship from you two though. What are you equipping yourself weapons wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back