Carpathia's Carter Build (picture heavy!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use whatever works. I've been using mainly automotive paints, but the orange and black on the helmet attachment is acrylic model paint.

helmet looks friggen awesome, but it looks too clean
maybe drop it in some dirt and throw some rocks at it
basically, add battle damage

CJ

I made a ton of progress today. I got ALL the parts to my armor hardened (with the exception of the new pieces I'm pepping now). The thighs fit very nicely. The gauntlets just need the forward hole widened so my hand can fit through. The belt needs a little modification since it fits nicely side to side, but it's too big front to back. The new torso is great, just need to sand a little on the outside, maybe hit it with a coat of resin, then paint. There is one thing I'm redoing. I had a little trouble with the boot cover (they were a little messy, then while I was working with one, it cracked, so I destroyed them both and started over). So, that explains this...
DSC04212.jpg

DSC04213.jpg

These boots are modeled by Ruze789 and unfolded by me. I'll be hardening these much like I did my helmet attachment, with the slow-curing resin. That way I can work on them inside and since they're small pieces, they won't be overwelming.

It's looking like I'll be finishing by release date. So keep watching!

On a different note, I'm not sure what to do with my other torso (L3X's that I made too big). It seems a shame to throw it away since it was built very well. It could fit someone that is a little bigger than me, someone with a chest width of 15" (38cm). My chest width is only about 13", so even padding wouldn't help me much there (besides that, I can't even put my arms down properly in it). So, if someone is interested in it, just go to my profile and shoot me an email and we'll talk.

damn carpathiavh!!
your helmet looks insane! i love it :D
looking forward to seeing the whole suit done !

dude i must say its looking great so far bro very nice and you always do such a good job at unfolding files i always look for the ones you do awesome bro keep it up

Can you tell me how to scale or ratio the add-on with the helmet, I have to finish it by this December, how long did it take for you to make the helmet?
P.S: Awesome helmet. I'm bookmarking this page.

Are you selling the DMR....cuz if u are, I would love to buy one.

I'm not building a DMR right now. If you mean my Assault Rifle, no I will not be selling it. As for the helmet attachment, I scaled it so that the length was just a little longer than the depression on the side of the helmet. If you tell me what the height of your helmet is, I can give you an idea of what length to make the attachment. As far as how long it has taken so far to make the helmet, I would say a little over two months, and it's still not completely finished.

Nice armor :D Plz check my Carter progress :)

I actually have been following your progress. I haven't commented because what advice I have has already been said. Good job so far!

Alrighty mate, my helmet height is 28cm and i'm also having another problem which is the knife, I can't seem to scale the sheath correctly together with the knife, the knife itslef happens to be bigger than the sheath obviously but my problem is scaling the blade with the sheath so I can put it in, how did u do urs?

umm.. damn that helmet looks awesome. can't wait to see what you do with the rest.

Actually NVM abt what I said just now, my question is are you going to make molds of the helmet, if you are can I buy one, i'll say at least $30-$40 for a raw cast like the ones that just came out of the mold, I don't want the paint or anything else.
My reason is because, I have Pepakura Designer so I open my Carter file with it, but the helmet is 28cm in hight which won't fit and I would move the pieces around but it'll take long and I don't have the password. So if you could give me the file you used or atleast make one for me.

Alrighty mate, my helmet height is 28cm and i'm also having another problem which is the knife, I can't seem to scale the sheath correctly together with the knife, the knife itslef happens to be bigger than the sheath obviously but my problem is scaling the blade with the sheath so I can put it in, how did u do urs?

With a 28 cm helmet, you'll want the Width of my new attachment to be about 142mm. As for the knife scale, you should not have to change anything in either the knife file or the sheath file. Yes, they're at a different unfold scale, but as they are, they fit. And, no, I will not be making molds of the helmet. I don't have the money needed to buy the supplies to do such a thing as of now. Basically, I won't be making armor for anyone or making molds of anything until I feel that I have reached a level of skill that is acceptable, as of now, I don't feel that I am there.

One month left ladies and gentlemen. Are you ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back