carter helmet build/ marine helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ended up using warm blue, mars black and just plain silver, with white for the added details like the UNSC and the white strip.. a tip for the silver coat with weathering. . . it sands back best if you use a spray on silver undercoat compared to a painted on, in the pic its a painted on i just didn't take a pic when i redid it with spray on :) and to mosske I'll get back to you on that soonish, i use my laptop for posting updates so all my files and so on are on my computer.
and just wondering if anyone would know what the best sorts of screws are to fix the visor in? I'm stuck on that bit

yeah thats what I'm currently having problems with :p not sure what sort of screws to use to fix it, and I'm also considering trying to slightly mould the visor but afraid i might ruin it :p

If you wanted to use screws, you'd have only the wood screw options. The other way is to use industrial velcro (Velcro brand) - it has a really strong hold. Only problem is if the lens is too stiff, it may not spread out properly and hold its shape to fully cover the face opening. May need a heat gun to adjust that, but that's another tricky deal.
I'm curious to see how you get around that. Maybe one of the vets here can better advise.

thanks for you advice, yeah I'm fine with a heatgun and even vacuum forming, but i would rather just use an already made visor instead of my own. i was already settled on wood screws and a bolt for each, but there are tons of different kinds of wood screws, and it would need to be the smallest possible length.

and now because of improved weather i was able to sit outside in the beautiful sun and sand away at the rondoed marine helmet :) no pics yet but will be soon

My sister F***** up my internet so i can't upload pics yet, but i have finished the carter helmet and have done about half the sanding on the marine helmet, i have also started making a mark VI chest piece and expect to make the entire suit :)

Wow man. You made mad progress on those helms fairly quickly. Nice Commando(carter) helmet! I'm currently building it for my suit. Won't be like you fancy Mark VIs though. Good luck with chest piece!

buids1013.jpg
[/IMG]
buids1006.jpg
[/IMG]
buids1005.jpg
[/IMG]
buids1012.jpg
[/IMG]

the poor quality pic of the carter helmet is only there because it caught the visor in the right light... the chest piece i already way past that stage, the entire front is done now, and starting on the back tonight.
the marine helmet is slow progress now as i can only do sanding outside and the weather is poor to say the least...
i plan to eventually make molds of the marine helmet and sell some, possibly with the entire marine armor.
also if there are any readers from anywhere near Geelong or Melbourne in Victoria Australia get in touch with me, I'd be happy to help you out and possibly sell some work to you if you wanted.

wow! very nice helmets man, i really like the carter helm it looks really good and you finished it pretty fast too, btw what did you use for the visior and where did you get it?

dude, those are some of the cleanest peps ive ever seen. its amazing how quickly this came together, keep up the good work.

05112010005.jpg
[/IMG]
thats an update from this morning, should take me at least two or three more days to get done, then the resining

Finally I have been able to finish sanding the marine helmet, Thank you oh lord of weather for the clear sunny day :p
I also gave it a silver undercoat for when i do the battle damage effect.
13112010008.jpg
[/IMG]

I am finally getting internet boost in three days so i can put pics up of the finished pep of the mark VI chest, I'm about to start work on the rest of the mark VI armor and a Jun helmet :)

ok so i have now resined the chest piece.. just wondering for when i bondo it what would be best, to attempt to bondo it as it is, or to cut it in half and do it?
uping011.jpg
[/IMG]
uping010.jpg
[/IMG]
uping009.jpg
[/IMG]
and i got bored with making the same thing so i randomly made an iron man mask :p
uping005.jpg
[/IMG]
uping007.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back