CoD Black Ops Trailer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, another Modernish warfare game along with Bad Company, Modern Warfare 2, and soon to be Medal of Honor.

Sorry guys, but these Modern Combat games are beginning to start the, "Guitar Hero Syndrome" if you know what I mean.

don't bash people interests it's just not nice

I'm not bashing people's interests. I'm just giving my own opionions on the game that was called the, "Next evolution in gaming". I never really found out what it did to earn that title in the first place.

How many people say Halo sucks? That's their opinion. I love Halo! That's my opinion. Everyone has different tastes in games. Just becuase I say something that I find wrong with it doesn't mean I'm "bashing" people. I'm bashing the game, not them.

SchizophrenicMC wrote that the game was going to be, "Halowned". Do I think that's bashing? No, becuase it's what he thinks about the game.

-Pony

Oh look, another Modernish warfare game along with Bad Company, Modern Warfare 2, and soon to be Medal of Honor.

Sorry guys, but these Modern Combat games are beginning to start the, "Guitar Hero Syndrome" if you know what I mean.
Technically, it's the DDR syndrome. DDR has like 60 titles, including all the various editions of each version. Guitar Hero just did it faster than DDR. But this is so agreed.
I'm not bashing people's interests. I'm just giving my own opionions on the game that was called the, "Next evolution in gaming". I never really found out what it did to earn that title in the first place.

How many people say Halo sucks? That's their opinion. I love Halo! That's my opinion. Everyone has different tastes in games. Just becuase I say something that I find wrong with it doesn't mean I'm "bashing" people. I'm bashing the game, not them.

SchizophrenicMC wrote that the game was going to be, "Halowned". Do I think that's bashing? No, becuase it's what he thinks about the game.

-Pony
This.

We're not being rude, we're just stating our opinions on the game. The point of forum is to be a place where all can freely voice their opinions, within reason, so as to allow the community to better understand each other. So, in that vein, we don't care for Call of Duty, and the aforementioned reasons are why.

The game sucks. Your interests do not, because of that.

The new game actually looks like some fun, and it might give Halo a better run for its money this time. I might actually rent this one (Gears 3, Fable 3 and Halo Reach have my buying limit) but i will say that CoD was a game that never kept its excitement for me, at first it was "HELL YEA" and than it hit "Yawn" way too fast.

In my opinion Halo has a MUCH longer life span than Cod games, For every halo there was two Cod's to fallow and Halo stayed in the fight and it would always repeat lol.

Grenade of Grenade:Airstrike Ops. I bet they kill the franchise after this game. After spending alot of time with BF games and CoD games the latest installment of BF just eats this series alive. I really don't see myself playing another fps where the environment isn't destructible. It's like the first time I went to shooters that used iron/raised sights. I said I would never go back to old hip style fps games, and I still haven't.

R.I.P. CoD you were a fun game in 2007.

I hate the game, because at the time of the first, and even the second title in the series, it had so much potential, and it was a really fun game. By the time 3 came out, I was getting real meh, and while 4 was a rejuvenation of the series, they started whoring it out, excuse my French, and releasing a new game every year. Dev was rushed and the gameplay suffered for it. World at War only stayed playable for more than 5 weeks because of Nazi Zombies, but if I wanted to face wave after wave of unintelligent enemy, I'd play Left 4 Dead. Modern Warfare 2 was okay, at best, because it had I-dub behind it (Can't say they're not good storywriters) and a fun campaign. But multiplayer went pretty stale for me after the first 2 months. Now, Black Ops, the 4th game within 3 years is gonna be released, and it looks like it's just a reskin of MW2, with a poorly-written story, and some pretty badly-contrived goodies to try and make it fun again.

Honestly, if you can't spend your time making a game people won't get sick of in a few weeks, you shouldn't be making games. I gotta say Bungie has some -blam!- good work, considering it's been 9 years since Halo's initial release, and people still play the original. Hell, Halo 2 is 6 years old, and it was so played, even after 2 more Halo titles were released, people were actually saddened by its removal from Xbox Live. Halo 3 is 3 years old, and is easily the top-selling Xbox 360 title, with countless people playing it, even today. Call of Duty 4 was released 2 months after Halo 3, in prime position for the '07 Christmas Rush, and didn't see sales numbers reach as high. In fact, it's never been played as much as Halo 3. Now, Reach looks to take Halo 3's slot, but don't count the latter out. It'll still be a very popular game on Xbox Live, and even after it leaves its XBL run.

Why? Because Halo's created an iconic role for itself. It's got multiplayer anyone can pick up, but still leave the "pro" gamers with a fun time. It's got an insane campaign experience that rivals Star Wars in terms of epicness. (In fact, I daresay it's my generation's Star Wars) And, for god's sake, it's a quality game. At least 3 years on each of the titles. That's better than the 1 or 2 on a Call of Duty game, I'd say.

Now, don't get me wrong. I had a great time playing Call of Duty. I enjoyed it quite a bit. But, it just got stale in a really short time. And, while I anxiously awaited Modern Warfare 2, for its development, and continuation of the first MW's story, I have no such desire for Black Ops, because it lacks that story, and merely borrows a used game engine.

(If my use of the word "whoring" has offended anyone, please let me know. I don't mean to transgress against the language use rules, and if I have done so, I will gladly change that to some term you deem more appropriate)

This ^^. I agree with SchizophrenicMC completely, Its kind of redundant and Treyarch is know for stealing InfinityWard's engine.

BFBC2 is for noobs. MW2 is for noobs. Halo beats everything :D
Oh and let's not fight, shall we?
I don't wanna get banned....

dude i'm not having a go at you but, if you didn't want to get banned then why did you go shooting your mouth off? like liq said This section is for anything not related to Halo.

But on to other things it looks bad and I mean really BAD. The COD franchise died when WAW and MW2 were released. I for one can't see myself buying it in the forsee-able future. :L But Trando343 if you wan't to buy it, buy it because at the end of the day the game isn't to everybody's tastes. You may like it I do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back