Danielles Halo Reach Build (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by whereisdanielle, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Everything looks FANTASTIC!!!! You were so worried about the boots.....you should have been concerned about the knees.......I know you said you were small bu those wouldn't fit @CommanderPalmer!!! and she is tiny!!!

Thom A293 and PaiganBoi like this.
  2. whereisdanielle

whereisdanielle 405th Regiment Officer

Always keeping my blade sharp, I use a new blade for every piece, so each forearm was a new blade etc, and I sharpen regularly while building. Also taking it slow and steady with cuts.

Its just the commitment of starting, when I start a piece I have to finish asap, and theres a lot going on with this chest so I'm like wondering how draining its gonna be for me doing nothing but the chest until its done.
    Capture.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture2.JPG

Still got to do a final pass on the unfold and then sort it onto printable pages. I'm 90% confident with the scaling I did a little while ago but I will also be double checking that today.

Dirtdives and Thom A293 like this.
  3. whereisdanielle

Theyre actually only off by 10mm or so, and fit me quite nicely as is, but thats because i dont have a bulky undersuit. Will be upscalling them accordingly to match the rest of the armour.
    18402877_1335190506565944_3764395132638579238_n.jpg 18358770_1336038833147778_3165193243252562639_o.jpg
    I wish I had the same body type as the female spartans, legs that long would get me so far in life :p
    I would kill to be able to make my thighs smaller, but theyre already beyond tight

4. Thom A293

Thom A293

Suit is looking great. I'm with Schankerz on the chest piece, it looks hard but just focus on it and sooner than you know it will be done. Shoot, for me it was the third thing I made and it took me a week and a half to build. Keep up the great work, the suit so far looks great!

Dirtdives, TOWLBiscuits and Schankerz like this.
  5. Spartan55

Spartan55

/whereisdanielle
    You forgot the tub shot!!!
    But looks great over all
    Can't wait to see the end product

6. whereisdanielle

Oops I bought a 3D printer.
    Havent got much chest stuff built, just the size tester:
    18527636_1340663562685305_6331205202875518625_n.jpg
    However I'm tracing to foam right now so hopefully I'll get some stuff built before I go away with work this week.

Spartan55 I'll have a tub shot when the chest is built :)

7. Schankerz

Schankerz

Sizing looks pretty good, although from what I can see in the picture I don't know if it'll be to small if you add the inner arm section...but honestly, looking at pictures I think you may be spot on. I'm just nit picky because I had scaling issues myself with this piece too and it's a bit of a pain.

All will be revealed in time though! Keep building away and I hope to see this when it's done! Maybe give out some tips and pointers so I may learn from them for my second chest piece I want to build to replace the one I have.

Dirtdives likes this.
  8. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Yep sizing looks good. Yay for the tub shot!!!

PaiganBoi likes this.
  9. Spartan55

Spartan55

Wait how did you acadently buy a 3d printer

Thom A293 likes this.
  10. whereisdanielle

Its going to be a flexible material and act like a seal as it does in game. With luck it will work out. I'll keep you updated.

It was, uh, a flash sale at ALDI, found out the night before they were gonna stock them and then ended up going and buying one. Wasnt exactly planned. Still trying to figure out the whole 3D printing thing yet though.

BucketHead1444 and Schankerz like this.
  11. Spartan55

Spartan55

Damit forgot about that

12. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Hoho! Yes! more 3D printers for the 3D printer revolution!
    If you need any help with your new toy, I'll be happy to assist. They can be a little tricky to begin with.

Schankerz and SI3RRA 117 like this.
  13. Schankerz

Schankerz

Do you hear the people print?
    Printing their suits and props and guns
    It is the music of the people
    Who will not do Pep again!
    When the beating of your heart!
    Echoes the printers deafening noise
    There is a piece about to finish
    When tomorrow comes!

IMG_2907.GIF

14. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Now you have a printer... I'm jealous...

15. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

'tis beautiful...:cry::love:

PaiganBoi and Schankerz like this.
  16. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Yes....sing a song about a 3D printer to a Musical about a failed French revolution..........and they wonder why we are building a wall.......:rolleyes:

17. BucketHead1444

BucketHead1444 New Member

If you need help with your printer check out maker'smuse, he has tons of video's for newbies

18. whereisdanielle

Okay so I still; haven't used the printer, haven't quite figured it out past a few test prints of like a 2x2 cube etc

But, guess what I have done:
    18582560_1346558995429095_706343807348901131_n.jpg 18582562_1346558992095762_1142108565183382684_n.jpg
    these are actually from the other night, I've detailed it since then just dont have any good photos to show right now.

I'm about to start rebuilding my shins and knee caps, I'm REALLY not happy with either at the moment and want to revisit them now while I have time.
    Then its helmet, and undersuit time.

19. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Woohoo! The chest is done! Looks awesome. (y)(y)(y)

20. Spartan55

Spartan55

Owwwww looking good and so close to painting
    Can't wait to see the final product!

21. whereisdanielle

Rebuilding the shins today!

Finished some air assault shoulders too, making me a tank tbh. This one has proof of the detail on the front of the chest hahahha
    shoulders.jpg
    You will also be pleased to note, I'm actually in the bathtub for this photo, not just on the edge of it ;)

22. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Make sure the tub is dry. For your own safety. We wouldn't want you to slip and hit your head. :p

23. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Nah, I'd be more worried about the armor. No one needs heads. :p

Looks awesome! And you definitely look like a tank, but that is the intent, correct?

#SpartanInTheTub - courtesy of Spartan55 :D

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    PaiganBoi likes this.
  24. Spartan55

Spartan55

# Spartan in a tub
    Wow juging from other updates you have quite a small figure. I'm amazed at how much the armour hides that snd as you said makes you a tank
    Ps nice skull

mblackwell1002 and PaiganBoi like this.
  25. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Now that you mention it, she reminds me of Chapel from the Spawn comics.