Danielles Halo Reach Build (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having a joke about the helmet hahahaha, speaking of I cant wait to see your suit all finished. Much hype.

Forearms are both finished minus some minor detailing.

Construction of the first forearm and a quick size test:
View attachment 242866 View attachment 242861
View attachment 242869

Second forearm:
View attachment 242862 View attachment 242863

Final Product!!
View attachment 242865 View attachment 242868

Bringing my total armour pieces up to this:
View attachment 242867
Looks great
But I have two questions
One why are you wearing your kelly armour
And two are you standing on your bath again?

Looks great
But I have two questions
One why are you wearing your kelly armour
And two are you standing on your bath again?

hahahahah, I wanted to see how it would look in relation to other bulky bits of armour, theres no reason testing it against my thin body because thats not what the end result is gonna look like.
Yeah sure am on the bath again. I think its my new signature photo spot along with my kitchen. #cantstopwontstop

IMG_2666.JPG IMG_2704.JPG IMG_2713.JPG IMG_2762.JPG
Raised a bunch of money for childrens charity!
Chief: Sierra 107
Fred: mawrTRON
S-IV TOWLBiscuits
So lucky to have great people and great costumers nearby.

Today I'm working on my boots, doing a paper size test as I type. really dont want to look like I've got clown shoes on so im hoping this is gonna work out in my favor. Pictures in a little bit!

As someone who's done the Reach chest piece, and I know A LOT of people here have, it's really daunting going into at first, but it's not as hard as you may think. The back looks really intriquite but the files we have for it make it pretty easy, I knocked that thing out in less than a week I think. It's just scaling it right and doing that inner section in the arm holes that was a little difficult for me.

But from what I've seen, you've got this no problem! I'm very excited to see it finished soon!
Also those pictures of you Aussie folk stalking around in your natural habitat are pretty awesome, looks like the event went really well!

Everything looks FANTASTIC!!!! You were so worried about the boots.....you should have been concerned about the knees.......I know you said you were small bu those wouldn't fit @CommanderPalmer!!! and she is tiny!!!

Your cuts are so clean. Seriously, how do you do that???
Always keeping my blade sharp, I use a new blade for every piece, so each forearm was a new blade etc, and I sharpen regularly while building. Also taking it slow and steady with cuts.

As someone who's done the Reach chest piece, and I know A LOT of people here have, it's really daunting going into at first, but it's not as hard as you may think. The back looks really intriquite but the files we have for it make it pretty easy, I knocked that thing out in less than a week I think. It's just scaling it right and doing that inner section in the arm holes that was a little difficult for me.

But from what I've seen, you've got this no problem! I'm very excited to see it finished soon!
Also those pictures of you Aussie folk stalking around in your natural habitat are pretty awesome, looks like the event went really well!

Its just the commitment of starting, when I start a piece I have to finish asap, and theres a lot going on with this chest so I'm like wondering how draining its gonna be for me doing nothing but the chest until its done.
Capture.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture2.JPG

Still got to do a final pass on the unfold and then sort it onto printable pages. I'm 90% confident with the scaling I did a little while ago but I will also be double checking that today.

Everything looks FANTASTIC!!!! You were so worried about the boots.....you should have been concerned about the knees.......I know you said you were small bu those wouldn't fit @CommanderPalmer!!! and she is tiny!!!

Theyre actually only off by 10mm or so, and fit me quite nicely as is, but thats because i dont have a bulky undersuit. Will be upscalling them accordingly to match the rest of the armour.
18402877_1335190506565944_3764395132638579238_n.jpg 18358770_1336038833147778_3165193243252562639_o.jpg
I wish I had the same body type as the female spartans, legs that long would get me so far in life :p
I would kill to be able to make my thighs smaller, but theyre already beyond tight

Suit is looking great. I'm with Schankerz on the chest piece, it looks hard but just focus on it and sooner than you know it will be done. Shoot, for me it was the third thing I made and it took me a week and a half to build. Keep up the great work, the suit so far looks great!

Sizing looks pretty good, although from what I can see in the picture I don't know if it'll be to small if you add the inner arm section...but honestly, looking at pictures I think you may be spot on. I'm just nit picky because I had scaling issues myself with this piece too and it's a bit of a pain.

All will be revealed in time though! Keep building away and I hope to see this when it's done! Maybe give out some tips and pointers so I may learn from them for my second chest piece I want to build to replace the one I have.

Sizing looks pretty good, although from what I can see in the picture I don't know if it'll be to small if you add the inner arm section...but honestly, looking at pictures I think you may be spot on. I'm just nit picky because I had scaling issues myself with this piece too and it's a bit of a pain.

All will be revealed in time though! Keep building away and I hope to see this when it's done! Maybe give out some tips and pointers so I may learn from them for my second chest piece I want to build to replace the one I have.

Its going to be a flexible material and act like a seal as it does in game. With luck it will work out. I'll keep you updated.

Wait how did you acadently buy a 3d printer
It was, uh, a flash sale at ALDI, found out the night before they were gonna stock them and then ended up going and buying one. Wasnt exactly planned. Still trying to figure out the whole 3D printing thing yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back