Dragoncon Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
crackhead09 said:
i think the funniest thing here is that if i had gone i would've known who was who and maybe you guys wouldve known who i was too (and i mean when were not in armor) a question though is dragoncon the only convention the 405th goes to? because the only one im looking forward to is megacon in march which is in orlando florida

A bunch of us got together at AdventureCon (Tennessee one, this is their first time going to the west coast.. one of the fastest growing cons out there) this year and sure enough even more next year. I think there was 4 spartans, plus Vex this year. I've been busy and I'm going to be bringing multiple people with me so I know more spartans/marines will be appearing next year. We had a huge picture shoot, you can find it by doing a search over in general discussion. It got buried, hope the mods put together a "Previous Footprint" section of all the previous cons. I'd be more than happy to supply all the A*Con pictures over for permanent hosting.

http://adventurecon.com/tn.html

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize now why i couldn't recognize anyone from the early photo's... your all wearing legendary helmets!! Damn those helms are kickass!

gamerguy55 said:
Adam said:
1%20(13).jpg
ROFL! Do I even what to know what's going on in that pic? :lol:
They all look great!
She wanted them to pick her up, but that wasn't happening. This was the result of her efforts.

I've learned there are some rather strange people at these events...well besides us.

2825128538_1cb3d4ec29_b.jpg

2824320541_7538c0f74d_o.jpg

Magnum are you sure there where crazier people then us?
2824291251_c7c28468a9_b.jpg

More to come ;)
(I actually recovered most my pics!)

Photo taken by Eldrik Bloodaxe (friend of Mike and Rob), I got the picture from his myspace, and I'm cool with the man, just FYI:

unsc_representin.jpg

Sean Bradley said:
I've just quickly uploaded my best pics to my photobucket account for you all to see. I'll have to go through later and clean up some of these pics in photoshop obviously, but I know you guys are anxious. Has anyone sent stuff to HBO yet? I need to zip up some files and send them to Louis later. Jen and I have to go to dinner, so I'll be back on in a few hours to check out comments and see everyone elses pics. Enjoy!

405th @ the Dragoncon Parade

405th @ Dragoncon Saturday

Surprise!

-Sean

YOU DA MAN SEAN!!!!

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01637.jpg

Thanks guys. :p

The costume wasn't really finished, this ended up being the first test run and I found lots of bugs the need to be worked out. Still, thanks for the compliments, I'll keep going on this costume and get everything fine tuned.

I'll probably put up a 'making of' thread shortly, so this thread doesn't get jacked.

Great con everybody, can't wait for next year!

DSC01638.jpg

I can't wait to read your new thread Sean, and I know now if a see the Arby I should have boots on! ;)

Devin, I had to post this one ;)
2824597811_819d8e2049.jpg

WOW that is awesome Sean! That Arbiter is amazing!!! You sure pulled out the stops on that one there....... :eek: Well, so ummm you guys want to come to PAX next year? ;)

2822771803_2872f0fe22_o.jpg

Well, it's a tough decision to make: Dragoncon or PAX? It's really awful that they both go on at the same time. Maybe the dates for next year will allow for going to both.

Frankly I had such a good time at Dragoncon that I wouldn't miss it for anything.. and I think I'll be going to as many 'cons as possible from here on out.

I dropped a line to Louis Wu about this thread and the pics from the con, waiting to see what he wants to do with them. I need to edit and annotate my 'making of' images in the meantime. Guess I'll photoshop and re-upload all my pics while I'm at it.

See you all in a few hours. :D

As a note Dragon*Con will be September 4-7 next year. I'll start a new thread for D*C 09 as soon as they start posting more information again. The earlier we start planning the better off we'll be. Suppose I could be the official/unofficial D*C organizer for the 405th

Jaxjags2100 said:
As a note Dragon*Con will be September 4-7 next year. I'll start a new thread for D*C 09 as soon as they start posting more information again. The earlier we start planning the better off we'll be. Suppose I could be the official/unofficial D*C organizer for the 405th

Yep, and if anyone wonders, he counts EVERYTHING DOWN! ;)

DoC ByTeS said:
Yep, and if anyone wonders, he counts EVERYTHING DOWN! ;)

You're darn right! :D Gotta look out for you guys and throw in my advice on things...even if you don't take it ::cough:: ::cough:: Book in a con hotel DoC ::cough:: ::cough::

I need a better camera. A lot of the photos I took with my camera are crap. For some reason, the lighting just wasn't good with or without flash. The shots with flash are too bright in my opinion and the shots without are out of focus. I'm going to see what I can do with them, but I'm thinking I won't be able to use many of them. I have realized my camera is not an action shot camera at all anymore. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back