FoolyCoolyMans Jorge 052 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw yur armor looks good and i also say that maybe u could just fix the broken spot and then itd be fine it looks like they fit pretty well!

Wow, Awesome armor so far. the gun looks great along with what you have done on the body so far. I can't wait to see the finished product. Great job and good luck.

Hey, umm hehe do you still have that warped helmet? :) im terrible at pepping.......so ;)
or are you gonna use it?

Hey FoolyCoolyMan, just wondering if you were almost done with those files. Im pepping like crazy and im almost to that point. Thanks a bunch in advance!

FoolyCoolyMan I just sent you two e-mails. One regarding the helmet and one regarding your height and scale for a couple parts.

Awesome build so far! I love how you got the scale of the gun, and everything seems to be coming together quite nicely! Excellent work!

I just finished pepin my Helmet. Fits me like a glove. Its fine. BUT i think it looks a little bit out of proportion with the chest piece... they don't seem to match up an look right. well unless you looking at me on a funny angle... (might be just me)

Here are some pics with me wearing both. What do you all think? be honest...

I think i might have to make the chest piece again but a little bigger... Aaaaand one of the sides of my chest piece broke... snapped right off... Quite frustrating. kinda helps me lean towards making chest again.... but id rather not lol. You opinions will help me make my decision...

chest too small? Im imagining it and it all looks fine?
PLEASE Heeelp me....

You're not imagining it, but it's really not that big of a problem. It's a weird thing that affects virtually every video game character that wears a helmet. In the games, the characters are proportioned in such a way that the helmet is modeled as the size of a head, rather than the size of a head with a helmet on it. If you were to take the helmet off of the game character, their heads would be very, very small. So when you scale armor that actually fits you, you may find that the helmet looks a little big. This is especially evident in the case of a character like Jorge, who's a big, beefy, heavy-type character. It's like they purposely make the head smaller in order to make the rest of the character look bigger. It's not that big a deal but, it's for this reason that I try to scale helmets as small as I can and the rest as big as I can while still being able to wear them comfortably.

Also keep in mind that all you have in the pics is the chest and head. The rest of the armor, especially the shoulders, may have the effect of filling out the overall form, and balancing the beefy Jorge look you're going for. If you're really worried about it, I would suggest taking a pic in an iconic Jorge pose (like the one in Shadowshail's avatar), and cropping out as much of the pic that's NOT head and chest as possible. Like I said, though, it's not that big a deal.

Good luck!!!

dude your doing great! im trying to finnish a suit for the release too and its tough.so im probably the only one wondering this but what gloves were you wearing on the first page? they looked very good also what undersuit do you have?

Finally someone built that over complicated helmet lol. hope it wasn't too hard lol.

Once you get the shoulders on it will fill out more and probably be ok, but i think it would look better upsized just a little, little bit, but it might look awkward on a smaller body.

Hey All, Reply time:

dude your doing great! im trying to finnish a suit for the release too and its tough.so im probably the only one wondering this but what gloves were you wearing on the first page? they looked very good also what undersuit do you have?

Hey,
Thanks its gonna be hard finishing the entire armour by launch lol. it is tough. I got the gloves off of ebay. and the undersuit is a motorcross armour i got from a motorbike store.

hope that helps you and i hope you finish by launch :D

Awesome build so far! I love how you got the scale of the gun, and everything seems to be coming together quite nicely! Excellent work!

You're not imagining it, but it's really not that big of a problem. It's a weird thing that affects virtually every video game character that wears a helmet. In the games, the characters are proportioned in such a way that the helmet is modeled as the size of a head, rather than the size of a head with a helmet on it. If you were to take the helmet off of the game character, their heads would be very, very small. So when you scale armor that actually fits you, you may find that the helmet looks a little big. This is especially evident in the case of a character like Jorge, who's a big, beefy, heavy-type character. It's like they purposely make the head smaller in order to make the rest of the character look bigger. It's not that big a deal but, it's for this reason that I try to scale helmets as small as I can and the rest as big as I can while still being able to wear them comfortably.

Also keep in mind that all you have in the pics is the chest and head. The rest of the armor, especially the shoulders, may have the effect of filling out the overall form, and balancing the beefy Jorge look you're going for. If you're really worried about it, I would suggest taking a pic in an iconic Jorge pose (like the one in Shadowshail's avatar), and cropping out as much of the pic that's NOT head and chest as possible. Like I said, though, it's not that big a deal.

Good luck!!!

Thanks shadocat, That helps me quite a bit. So for now im going to focus on building everything else an then see how it all looks together. but unfortunately I'm at about 85% certain i'll remake the chest piece now, as when i went to check it outtoday i noticed the back and front of my chest piece are comletely warped and dont line up at all... :(

Might take a photo to show everyone whats happened...

Hey FoolyCoolyMan, just wondering if you were almost done with those files. Im pepping like crazy and im almost to that point. Thanks a bunch in advance!

Hey man,
Just gotta do this one edit an unfold it an it should be done by tuesday... or wednesday :D

But I've finished slimming the gauntlet and thigh... they're all done :D

Hey, umm hehe do you still have that warped helmet? :) im terrible at pepping.......so ;)
or are you gonna use it?

Haha so you want my warped helmet from the beginning of my posts? I'm not going to use it as its scaled too big for my head... And it is quite big... lol your the second person who wants it...
It'd probs be better if you knew what your head dementions were so then youd know if the helmet i have would even fit... Dont want to get the helmet an find it slides all over the place...

Quick Update

Finished peping an upper arm Modeled by rundown and unfolded by mcprimus
Just wanted to get peoples opinions on how they look together... I personally think they look alright keeping in mind i still have Jorges BIG shoulder attachment to put on as well...

JorgeArmUpdate.jpg

Thanks for all your comments everyone your all a big help

I can't wait to finish this armour by reach! :D

I actually think you are doing a pretty damn good job on it overall, really any warping can be fixed if you know how to do it thank god I have about 8 years of experience with costume making and have seen my share of warping and having to repair it. Also if you ever need a little help editing a 3D model I can do some things but I'm still learning I may be able to help you whenever you need it in the future. Keep it up you're doing good so far.

Wow, that looks incredible!
It's just so epic :cool
I haven't started my Jorge yet, wasn't inclined to have it by Reach launch, maybe just the helmet xD
Awesome work man

The scale looks perfect! I'm working on those pieces too, I have to rebuild them though...I made them way too small.
What is your height and what are the shoulders and forearms scaled too?

in the beginning i thought that your gauntlet and biceps pieces are to big, but in the pepping-end it looks really clean and has the correct size. keep it up ;) cant wait for a new update

Just wanted to let you know, that forearm is perfectly scaled. The bicep looks small, but when you add Jorge's atttachment, I'm sure it will look great.

Replying time!

Finally someone built that over complicated helmet lol. hope it wasn't too hard lol.
Once you get the shoulders on it will fill out more and probably be ok, but i think it would look better upsized just a little, little bit, but it might look awkward on a smaller body.

Hey! wanted to say, You did a fantastic job. Really out did yourself man :D
A Big thanks from me for the helmet. Also curious though, how come you decided not to add the details on the side of the brim. You know what I'm talking about lol?

I'm hoping the armour will look good once its all together. I'm thinkin of making the chest bigger myself lol. I Don't like making helmets all that much lol

I actually think you are doing a pretty damn good job on it overall, really any warping can be fixed if you know how to do it thank god I have about 8 years of experience with costume making and have seen my share of warping and having to repair it. Also if you ever need a little help editing a 3D model I can do some things but I'm still learning I may be able to help you whenever you need it in the future. Keep it up you're doing good so far.

Your offer is most welcome lol. An thanks. There's alot of tweaking when modeling this Armour. But i look at the pdo files an think what can i do that, in the end, wont rely on bondo work. cause between you an me, it takes for ever to sand an shape! but you would know way more than me. You got 8 years on me. I've only made one Armour before this. An I've never modeled for pepakura until now lol.

Wow, that looks incredible!
It's just so epic :cool
I haven't started my Jorge yet, wasn't inclined to have it by Reach launch, maybe just the helmet xD
Awesome work man

haha, I was originally thinking of just doing just the helmet for launch or wearing my private donut Armour for it but when i started an the more i saw the trailers i was like. I want to wear the armour from the game! lol so now im trying REALLY hard to get it finished for the launch lol.... fingers crossed I'll get it finished, and that everyone else who wants theirs done by launch get it done too :D

The scale looks perfect! I'm working on those pieces too, I have to rebuild them though...I made them way too small.
What is your height and what are the shoulders and forearms scaled too?

Hey man,
My height is around 180cm. But I've never used the scaling techniques that are on 405th as i fail at doin them lol so my method of scaling is get the old measuring tape and measure the limb im working on. Check the dimentions of the Armour to myself to see if it will look right. Then i build the piece or some of it as a tester then if it looks good i keep going lol :D So all the pieces you see me wearing are scaled to me... literally lol

Hope that helps man

in the beginning i thought that your gauntlet and biceps pieces are to big, but in the pepping-end it looks really clean and has the correct size. keep it up ;) cant wait for a new update

Hey thanks,
After watching the new Reach Vidoc i learned that my fore arms are a little too big in the height area. But other than that they're fine lol. Thanks for the comment :D

Just wanted to let you know, that forearm is perfectly scaled. The bicep looks small, but when you add Jorge's atttachment, I'm sure it will look great.

Haha, yea thanks. I think the forearm is alright too :) The upper arm peices are slightly small but im not going to make them again aye... Dont have the time lol Me an my friend were like, "those are bigger yea? wait... are they? hold on... hmmmm" but in the end we figured it all out lol

I cant wait to make the attachments an put them on! :D

speaking of which.....
UPDATE TIME!

I Didn't notice rhinoc had modeled jorges left shoulder already as i went out my way an made it myself lol
I was kinda like, Why sit and rely on someone else to do something for me when i can do it myself? lol I will admit you did a good job rhinoc. I like the file. But i put alot of effort into mine so i"ll be using the Left shoulder attachment i modeled. I just need to unfold it lol :D

This is what it looks like

JorgeLeftSHoulderScreenshot.jpg

Im actually Really considering Making it one piece..... I like one pieced things to pep... :D

And here is what AceHigh's Shin looks like now after i finished Modeling it again in 3dsmax.
I think its pretty accurate, I'll admit there's some details here an there not put in but thats stuff i can fix after hardening the piece.

JorgeShinScreenshot.jpg

But that's it for now on my updates

And thanks for all the comments everyone. All of you really are helping me out with what you think about how my Armour looks :D

Stay tuned for more

AGH I just made finished my shoulder! ahhhh! lol, great job dude,
btw, how big are shins?, i made his and they are wayyyyy to big.

Wicked man! i love your files!

Could i get those files you just showed above?

if you need proof that i have AceHigh's files you can check out my WIP by clicking the link in my sig. Im pretty sure the cod piece from AceHigh is one of a kind and if you already have the file you can tell its his.

I really can't wait to see your suit finished man it is going to look wicked! how long did it take you to pep the chest?

hey foolycoolyman, would you be able to send me a copy of acehighs altered thighs and shins? i have modelled both of them and they seem a bit too big (especially the shin...)
if you could, i would be extremely thankful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back