Grrr! We're freelancers! Red vs Blue WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was thinking once I finish up fiberglassing my armor. I'll mail it all to you and pay you a good amount to finish up the details. Just kidding, but seriously the amount of detailing and the standard at which you hold your work could get you a pretty sweet prop building career.

This is professional-grade stuff. These guys are serious. You can easily make a career with your talent. Those last pics of the EVA looked like it was some sort of 3D model, but no! They're freaking real!

Wow, thanks so much everyone! :)

I'd love to get involved in prop building one day, I love making stuff, I have no idea how I'd get started with something like that though. I really appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you guys are enjoying the build :)

Wow, thanks so much everyone! :)

I'd love to get involved in prop building one day, I love making stuff, I have no idea how I'd get started with something like that though. I really appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you guys are enjoying the build :)
no problem, you deserve it sara, you should make casts of the EVA helmet, they are kinda rare around here and i wouldnt even wear it, id just grab a stand for it and paint it gold and white, like agent maine

Yes, I agree you have gone from the prop stage ( looks good in photo and at 10+ feet. )to the replica stage ( near perfect to perfect ):cool

Your build is just awesome and will most likely be used for a long time as reference by those whom come after you. I can also see a Elite section for you in the future when this build is complete.:D

Thank you for sharing both your time and your work with us. :cool

I agree, Sara your work is amazing and if you have time a few tutorials on your techniques would be extremely appreciated. I agree with thorn, and if your work doesn't end up elite I'll be extremely disappointed.

If you have time, can you do a video tutorial on your bondo technique. I know you explained it out, but some of us learn from watching people better than reading how to.

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed now lol :)

I agree, Sara your work is amazing and if you have time a few tutorials on your techniques would be extremely appreciated. I agree with thorn, and if your work doesn't end up elite I'll be extremely disappointed.

If you have time, can you do a video tutorial on your bondo technique. I know you explained it out, but some of us learn from watching people better than reading how to.

I filmed almost all the detail I've done on the helmet so far, I'm working on editing it into a watchable video tutorial as we speak. :)

no problem, you deserve it sara, you should make casts of the EVA helmet, they are kinda rare around here and i wouldnt even wear it, id just grab a stand for it and paint it gold and white, like agent maine

Definitely casting this helmet, I'll have to for the vac forming anyway. I'll make some casts available too :) I cannot wait to paint this thing.

Thanks guys

This is professional-grade stuff. These guys are serious. You can easily make a career with your talent. Those last pics of the EVA looked like it was some sort of 3D model, but no! They're freaking real!

HaHa, I thought it was 3D at first as well. Fricken mind blowing work. You are the DaVinci of bondo.:D:cool:D

HOLY... POOP!

Wow you are good. I love how smooth EVA turned out. I wish I could be your neighbor!

Not gonna lie, i thought you were taking pictures of the toy helmet... Looks that good lol

Hey guys, thanks so much to everyone for the kind words, it's really appreciated.

First off, the video tutorial is still coming, I promise.
Editing it is just breaking my brain and giving me a case of the angries at the moment.
It needs a fair bit of work unless people want to sit through 3 hours of bubblycarolina and I talking rubbish :p (you don't, it's killing me listening to it while editing!)

Update! I was going to hold off on updating the helmet til it was finished but that might take a few days yet, I can not wait to mould and cast this thing! I've finished off the chin detail and the little 'B' shaped detail that sits just below the head band part of the helmet. Now it's covered in primer I think it's looking pretty good.

I've put down almost all of the detail on the back of the helmet, I think I like it, I'll know more when it's got a coat of primer. This area still needs a fair bit of fine tuning but pretty much everything is in it's final shape. I'm still yet to detail the two inset faces on the helmet, I spent part of today cutting and changing the shape of this area (and now I'm full of fibreglass splinters :( ) It's hard to explain and I forgot to take photos but the bottom of this area curved towards the 'ear' pieces in the pep.
The WETA helmet has it going straight across and the ears step down a level below it to form the edge of the helmet. That's probably a load of gibberish so maybe just see if you can spot the difference around the bottom edge of the helmet between updates :/

Once I smooth out the back of the head and finish of the circular detail I've only got to finish the head band and I can call this piece done.

(lots of) Photos from today:

8372920966_85c578e0b7_c.jpg

you can really see the lip around the jaw in this photo, it's a bit hard to see in some of the other shots.

8371850213_0fc769f1f0_c.jpg

8371849885_1e1b34b6ef_c.jpg

8371849595_5950a494db_c.jpg

8372919756_ec21d7d91d_c.jpg

8372919142_e3372fdcf8_c.jpg

8371848645_c9e6d37ed3_c.jpg

8371848029_75fe7ef10b_c.jpg

8371848341_96dc7ae55c_c.jpg

I've started gathering materials already for our vac-former, if poeple are interested I'll document the build of that here too.
let me know what you think, comments and critiques welcome :)

wow wow wow! i cannot stress enough as to how impressed i am with all the bondo work! definitely going to follow this thread! i wish you the best of luck on the EVA visor as well! :-D

I've started gathering materials already for our vac-former, if poeple are interested I'll document the build of that here too.
let me know what you think, comments and critiques welcome :)

Ummmm....critique......have you looked at your work. Nothing to critique...it is perfect. Comments...absolutely....freckin awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back