Pepakura H:R MJOLNIR Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

mardJaderp

I really want the ODST cosplay (Pepakura - H2A ODST Cosplay) to come to fruition, but its going to take awhile to set up all the files. As a backup plan, I shall work on a set of MJOLNIR armor from Reach. Luckily, unlike the ODST armor, there are files for all the pieces within 405th and out. So far, I have assembled two helmets and a mask, but I've never assembled an entire set of armor (in reality, I'll be assembling two as I'll be cosplaying with a friend).

Hopefully the armor will turn out the way I expect it to, if not better than I expect. Ironically, this will be cheaper to make than the ODST armor (even though the MJOLNIR armors are more expensive to produce than the ODST and Marine armors). Of course, I will still work on the ODST armor so I'll have at least two different cosplays to wear to next year's upcoming LVL UP EXPO here in Vegas.

Attachments

• Reference.png
    Reference.png
    804 KB · Views: 277
  • Armor Files.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 265
I would love to say I'm close to finishing to the helmet, but I think I may have to redo the entire thing sadly. My goal is to not have to modify the helmet shape too much and sadly the helmet is turning out too asymmetrical.

If anyone has Halo Reach recon helmet files they can share, that'd be amazing because I think there's certain details on my model that makes it hard to assemble.

(Also, say hello to the ODST helmet that's too big from the other project)

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 237
Heya mardJaderp! Have you got a directly front on picture of the pepakure helmet? Maybe there's a way it can be fixed with just a bit of distortion.

By "distortion" I just meant moving and stretching some parts to make them symmetrical. You're right, it's a little difficult to tell not in person. If you do decide to restart it, don't feel bad - it's better to make that decision now then put in the effort to complete it and regret it later.

By "distortion" I just meant moving and stretching some parts to make them symmetrical. You're right, it's a little difficult to tell not in person. If you do decide to restart it, don't feel bad - it's better to make that decision now then put in the effort to complete it and regret it later.

What sucks is that I was already close to finishing. I guess its fine, I'm just hoping to find a less detailed file.

Last edited:
If anyone has Halo Reach recon helmet files they can share, that'd be amazing because I think there's certain details on my model that makes it hard to assemble.

As for fixing any asymmetry in your current build, if you have strengthen your helmet, if it is still jus ta paper build, you can attempt to shift and reposition the out of alignment pieces with some internal, temporary supports, like popsicle sticks or pieces of carboard or even other pieces of cardstock, then strengthen your helmet with resin and fiberglass, then remove the internal supports once the piece has hardened.

As for fixing any asymmetry in your current build, if you have strengthen your helmet, if it is still jus ta paper build, you can attempt to shift and reposition the out of alignment pieces with some internal, temporary supports, like popsicle sticks or pieces of carboard or even other pieces of cardstock, then strengthen your helmet with resin and fiberglass, then remove the internal supports once the piece has hardened.

This is actually the one I was using. Looking more into it, its the model itself that's asymmetrical towards the bottom. I'm still going to redo it because I want the helmet to be a bit bigger, but I guess I'll have to keep using this one and just bondo the living hell out of it to get it looking right. The other thing that sucks is that there are quite a few details omitted from it that I wish was there.

Luckily, I have obtained a better model of the Recon helmet. Sadly, I'm almost done remaking the other model and now this will be the third time I'll be making the helmet :')

Hopefully I can get started on the other pieces soon because this is getting rather cumbersome having so much time spent on just the helmet alone when it should be maybe the second hardest thing to assemble out of all the armor pieces.

(Special thanks to jtm1997 for sending over the model. If I can, I'll be posting the unfolded version here)

Attachments

• Recon.png
    Recon.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 179
Luckily, I have obtained a better model of the Recon helmet. Sadly, I'm almost done remaking the other model and now this will be the third time I'll be making the helmet :')

Hopefully I can get started on the other pieces soon because this is getting rather cumbersome having so much time spent on just the helmet alone when it should be maybe the second hardest thing to assemble out of all the armor pieces.

(Special thanks to jtm1997 for sending over the model. If I can, I'll be posting the unfolded version here)
It would really take you a good chunk of time making one of these helmets. So far, you're doing great, bud.

It would really take you a good chunk of time making one of these helmets. So far, you're doing great, bud.
Thank you thank you. To be fair, it would probably take me about half a day in total time, maybe a bit more. They honestly aren’t too time consuming for me since I don’t have much else to do anyway.

I think I may have to edit the actual 3D model and make it slimmer in order to make it fit and look better.

Attachments

• 8CCE8D8B-83B3-4E97-B0EA-B000104D3DF4.jpeg
    8CCE8D8B-83B3-4E97-B0EA-B000104D3DF4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 167
  • 908B8DF8-45FA-481F-8E58-2608621A98ED.jpeg
    908B8DF8-45FA-481F-8E58-2608621A98ED.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
Here are some more pics to get a better view.

Attachments

• D0490517-EAA6-4B99-9957-137EF722CCB6.jpeg
    D0490517-EAA6-4B99-9957-137EF722CCB6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 166
  • EF91230C-5DEA-47A4-8966-955886CCB5CC.jpeg
    EF91230C-5DEA-47A4-8966-955886CCB5CC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 164
  • B8756333-3FE9-436C-9E5E-621D6124D069.jpeg
    B8756333-3FE9-436C-9E5E-621D6124D069.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.